FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 25, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #2,087 of 3,064
Hmm. So I wonder if UE900 tips are the same as 600/700?

This is what the UE700 tips look like guys.

I think this is them here. (I think)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-Ultimate-Ears-Tips-Comply-Foam-Tips-Clean-Tool-for-Most-UE-Earphones-/250951842489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6de53ab9

Also try looking for some of the cheaper (cheapest) UE earphones, they also include them and are around $15 to buy.

Jul 26, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #2,088 of 3,064
Jul 26, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #2,089 of 3,064
Ah! Those look like the Tips on my UE900, but in a dark grey colour. I shall try them out.

Thanks!

I've just put on the UE900 tips in place of the JVC ones I was using and got, a little tighter bass, a bit more clarity, and smoother highs, just as you mentioned H20. The sound quality has moved up a notch!
Thanks again for your suggestion.

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #2,090 of 3,064
I've just put on the UE900 tips in place of the JVC ones I was using and got, a little tighter bass, a bit more clarity, and smoother highs, just as you mentioned H20. The sound quality has moved up a notch!
Thanks again for your suggestion.

beerchug.gif

Pretty confident they also provide another decent fitting option for anyone looking.

Hopefully you guys can source them somewhere.

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #2,092 of 3,064

Do you lift your ear upward while inserting? Makes a huge difference for me.

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #2,093 of 3,064
  Silicone tips never seem to work for me. I'm not sure why but every time I get a new pair of IEM's I try them but no joy.

The answer might be Sony Isolation tips.  Silicone outer, foam inner.  Longevity plus great fit and isolation.

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #2,094 of 3,064
Just got a pair of the A83 from another head-fier. I'm definitely really happy with them, only problem being that darn cable! Fortunately, I had another one laying around that I could try, but I really wish I could still use the Fidue one, since it looks really cool. Has anyone tried reterminating the connectors with some normal or curved Shure ones? I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult, and I would think that it would work. Has anyone done that yet? Also, I'm trying different tips, anyone know of anything that can give better isolation? I have a sneaking suspicion that the Dynamic driver is the cause, and therefore unfixable, but if there's anything that can improve isolation, I'm all ears! (I have a pair of double flange tips that I swapped out with the single flange ones, and they don't really make a difference to isolation, to my ears at least.)

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #2,095 of 3,064
  Just got a pair of the A83 from another head-fier. I'm definitely really happy with them, only problem being that darn cable! Fortunately, I had another one laying around that I could try, but I really wish I could still use the Fidue one, since it looks really cool. Has anyone tried reterminating the connectors with some normal or curved Shure ones? I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult, and I would think that it would work. Has anyone done that yet? Also, I'm trying different tips, anyone know of anything that can give better isolation? I have a sneaking suspicion that the Dynamic driver is the cause, and therefore unfixable, but if there's anything that can improve isolation, I'm all ears! (I have a pair of double flange tips that I swapped out with the single flange ones, and they don't really make a difference to isolation, to my ears at least.)

Not sure if there's anything more you could do about the isolation, at least in my experience. I think it has to do with a combination of the venting for the dynamic driver and the not-so-deep insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back