Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Aug 7, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #616 of 1,164
  A73 bass reminds me of a baby ASG-2 with the ports opened somewhat fractionally (this is a god thing) because ASG-2 rock! I think it may be troublesome for those who deny too much low-end presence by preference however I personally really enjoy it. The mids with their warmth and detail along with the staging is highly capable. That balanced armature can sing a tune or two, especially. Its kind of like semi-mainstream bass meets audiophile detail mid-range meets smooth treble.

I know with some EDM earlier it they were truly impressive, like a little neat coherent hi-fi system inside my head.

This was with Hum Pervasion and 16/44 FLAC.

+1 ...I think you have summed them up perfectly!

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #617 of 1,164

+1. I felt the bass quantity on the A73 was higher than the Titan 1. Longer decay too.
But everything else @jpguy described is eerily accurate (Titan 1 vs A73)

Thing is... amount wise Titan 1 doesn't have much to offer vs a73, so what is there to compare, rolled off sub bass on t1 vs fully featured one on a73?

Of course the decay will be longer for 3x the amount of sub - bass on a73, there is 3x of amplitude to decay from ...

Thats because you haven't modded Titan 1 yet.

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #618 of 1,164

Thats because you haven't modded Titan 1 yet.

Sticky tape is not a mod... 
wink_face.gif

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #619 of 1,164
Finally people are talking about the A73 being bassy! Thanks, guys! I've been saying this for ever, only to be told "what? The A73 isn't bassy." Yes they are. With a big mid bass hump. Is that bad? No. It's not. I EQ the mid bass down, and it's still a detailed and smooth presentation that I love. Also yes, the bass and ss is better IMO than the Titan 1.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #621 of 1,164
Finally people are talking about the A73 being bassy! Thanks, guys! I've been saying this for ever, only to be told "what? The A73 isn't bassy." Yes they are. With a big mid bass hump. Is that bad? No. It's not. I EQ the mid bass down, and it's still a detailed and smooth presentation that I love. Also yes, the bass and ss is better IMO than the Titan 1.

I've always said the they've got big bass. It's not bloated overbearing bass though. It's actually quite good.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #622 of 1,164
H20Fidelity that's an interesting tip.
Looks like the Philips ones which were the favourites until I swapped.
They are like wide bore versions of Sony hybrids.

Speaking of quality bass from A73, right now I'm really enjoying Weathered by Jack Garrat.
Rich deep sub bass combined with full bodied male vocals. Same time there are lots of micro details and texture throughout the track.
A fine example of the A73 DD and BA performing in perfect unison.

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/H6bjwDFk8mo[/VIDEO]

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #623 of 1,164
Yes that's correct, Philips does sell the tips I mentioned last page. We also call them 'Heir tips' because they were sold with thier IEMs. Noble provides them and I believe Tralucent Audio were including them with thier accessories kit as well. Good tips.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #626 of 1,164
I'm a bass head and A73 lacks bass for me but yet all iems lack bass for me. but if I eq it's nice bass.

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #627 of 1,164
So as good as i get these to sound, i still have trouble keeping these in place with the stock tips which is quite the annoyance as they will sound great then shift ever so slightly and bam! there goes the seal... Any tip suggestions to combat this? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back