Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 11, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #301 of 1,164
ye those a73 duble flange look descent. what about radians custom earplugs? wouldnt you be able to get a perfect seal with those?

can you describe the bass on a73? thanks

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #302 of 1,164
I have gone back to using my large JVC spiral dot tips which are sounding wonderfulI now I had a issue at first with a slight hardness in the treble area and was using a small bore tip to cover this. but now after having a round 50 hours on them there is no issue with the treble:smiley:

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #303 of 1,164
@vyogan

Any particular track I can try out ?

I was one of the early adopters of the EPH100 and very active in the thread to share how good it was.
I don't think you will be disappointed at all with female vocals on the A73 as its mids are lush and have more detail and texture. I was listening to Sade and it was very melting and sensual at times. I also listen to Trance vocal so female vocals are also important to me.

The A73 is better sonically in every way over EPH100. It makes the EPH100 feel dated and low end budget. In fact for a long while I was in search for an IEM that had similar sound signature to the EPH100 but improved in every way - A73 is that.

A73 is what EPH200 should have been.

Just make sure to use wide bore tip and ensure you get a good seal to get the most out of its sumptuous bass.

Maybe you can try these tracks for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYo5alIaUOk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w00YI8xuRfI

They are two of my most favorite tracks for female vocals. Sorry that they're Japanese.

I did try the EPH200, and thankfully I wasn't expecting much.

Thanks for the reply!

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #304 of 1,164
I have gone back to using my large JVC spiral dot tips which are sounding wonderfulI now I had a issue at first with a slight hardness in the treble area and was using a small bore tip to cover this. but now after having a round 50 hours on them there is no issue with the treble:smiley:

I agree. The Spiral Dot tips sound wonderful on the A73's.

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #305 of 1,164

Sorry but it's rather difficult for me to comment on these tracks so I'm not sure if I can be helpful to you.
If you had asked of Lana Del Ray/Nelly Furtado/Sade it would have been easier.

I can say that the A73's large soundstage lends brilliantly to these tracks. You really get a feeling of space around the singers especially on the second track. The live event really sounds good and you get a good feeling for the size of the concert and feel the energy from the audience.

I hear both singers voices come across neutral to slightly warm. I can hear clarity and delicateness in their voices. Great realism on the piano with the live track. EPH can't match the A73 in timbre. Generally there is more detail and texture in the A73 mids.

Your YouTube tracks are lower quality recordings than what I normally listen to so some detail and warmth is likely to be missing. My 320kbps CBR Sade tracks sound lot more lush and engaging.

For me the EPH really excelled at Trance and other electronic music. Sure it could do everything else well but not well as some other iems. For classical and strong vocals I preffered ie7. I never considered it's mids to be exceptional in any way.
I find the A73 more flexible and to excell more across the genres. If you were happy with eph100 mids, I can't imagine you not overjoyed with A73 mids.

Buy A73 from Amazon and return if you don't like.

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #306 of 1,164
I dont know if i should buy these. i already bought many chinese iem that were crap and i sent them back and gave average reviews. same story with vsd3s and tenore they are ****ty earphones if you spend a little bit more you get better sound. and people get upset from my low ratings. sennheisers were great but **** there is no bass. its crazy that people reccomend sennheisers to people who have beats headphones. you need something with bass. and i cant say sennheiser is neutral sounding, its a ******* treble head headphone with no bass. im tired of crappy chinese iems.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #307 of 1,164
I dont know if i should buy these. i already bought many chinese iem that were crap and i sent them back and gave average reviews. same story with vsd3s and tenore they are ****ty earphones if you spend a little bit more you get better sound. and people get upset from my low ratings. sennheisers were great but **** there is no bass. its crazy that people reccomend sennheisers to people who have beats headphones. you need something with bass. and i cant say sennheiser is neutral sounding, its a ******* treble head headphone with no bass. im tired of crappy chinese iems.

So forget it. %$#%$!"&

P.S. You won't have much help here with that kind of language. Get some manners and come back later.

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #308 of 1,164
Sorry but it's rather difficult for me to comment on these tracks so I'm not sure if I can be helpful to you.
If you had asked of Lana Del Ray/Nelly Furtado/Sade it would have been easier.

I can say that the A73's large soundstage lends brilliantly to these tracks. You really get a feeling of space around the singers especially on the second track. The live event really sounds good and you get a good feeling for the size of the concert and feel the energy from the audience.

I hear both singers voices come across neutral to slightly warm. I can hear clarity and delicateness in their voices. Great realism on the piano with the live track. EPH can't match the A73 in timbre. Generally there is more detail and texture in the A73 mids.

Your YouTube tracks are lower quality recordings than what I normally listen to so some detail and warmth is likely to be missing. My 320kbps CBR Sade tracks sound lot more lush and engaging.

For me the EPH really excelled at Trance and other electronic music. Sure it could do everything else well but not well as some other iems. For classical and strong vocals I preffered ie7. I never considered it's mids to be exceptional in any way.
I find the A73 more flexible and to excell more across the genres. If you were happy with eph100 mids, I can't imagine you not overjoyed with A73 mids.

Buy A73 from Amazon and return if you don't like.

Thank you for taking the effort! I really appreciate it!

70% of my music collection consists of female vocals so it's really important to me that they excel at it.

From the sound of it, I am sure they'll be a great buy at $150 (It's shocking how in the past few years these companies are pushing the boundary in audio quality in the sub $200 IEMs!). The great soundstage and neutral to slightly warm signature would also do well for my instrumental and orchestral tracks.

Unfortunately, Amazon is not an option for me. In fact, there's no return policy at all (unless it is broken) in the South East Asian region. But I have no doubt that I'll like them. 
wink_face.gif

It's time for me to save up and get them when I can! At least this is much more affordable than the A83, which interested me at first but decided that I can't afford to splash on them.

The trick is to remind yourself that you have a life apart from lusting for and collecting headphones, IEMs, DAPs and Amps. 
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #309 of 1,164
So forget it. %$#%$!"&

P.S. You won't have much help here with that kind of language. Get some manners and come back later.

alright sorry about that. i still liked that i listened to those iems. might get these. thanks

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #310 of 1,164
alright sorry about that. i still liked that i listened to those iems. might get these. thanks

Lol trust me your foul mouth and foul ears will like them..
wink_face.gif

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #311 of 1,164
The trick is to remind yourself that you have a life apart from lusting for and collecting headphones, IEMs, DAPs and Amps. :wink:

Well I'm glad to say that any plans I had to buy another DAP and AMP are in the bin.

This is not meant as hype to anyone but for me the combination of i6, Neutron player and A73 with my *Tips has hit perfect synergy.

It is delivering a sound signature close to my heart and I'm having trouble finding enough time to listen to all of my extended music collection all over again.
As mentioned earlier this setup is giving a transparent sound that reminds me of my old HIFI setup with Kef Ref monitors and REL sub. Transparent, engaging and natural with some fun thrown in. It is quite incredible how well the DD has been seamlessly combined with the BA. Very naturally sounding combination which never lets you think separate dual hybrid drivers are being used.

I had to go through good few IEM's to get to this point and last I can say I'm satisfied.
I now only look forward to see what improvements the A74 may bring.

:)

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #312 of 1,164
If you want to hear how good Trance can sound with A73 try M.I.K.E - Sunset at palamos.
Great clarity, speed and tight thumping bass to get your blood rushing.

Neutron player on i6.

https://soundcloud.com/garuda_music/m-i-k-e-sunrise-at-palamos

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #313 of 1,164
Due to the noozle length being longer than the normal in my view I have been unable to try a go to try my pair of sennheiser cx300 tips. They have a wide bore and bring out a
very nice balanced warm sound to quite a few IEM I have used them with.

But now thanks to @archy121 bit of DIY by using the "steam" of another tip to cover the noozle I can now use the Senn tip with out it falling off ....

Now the sound really is a match for the sprial dot tips in my view!.... Nice and smooth but still really dynamic :)

Jul 14, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #315 of 1,164
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Due to the noozle length being longer than the normal in my view I have been unable to try a go to try my pair of sennheiser cx300 tips. They have a wide bore and bring out a
very nice balanced warm sound to quite a few IEM I have used them with.

But now thanks to @archy121 bit of DIY by using the "steam" of another tip to cover the noozle I can now use the Senn tip with out it falling off ....

Haha excuse my typing. Im often typing on phone and auto dictionary has its own mind when my fat thumbs don't behave.

The A73 has some design choices that I hope will get sorted out with A74. You are correct that the nozzle length is freakishly long and not compatible with most generic tips. Also there is no friction grip to prevent the tips sliding off too easily. I'm hoping memory wire will be back in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back