Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jun 19, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #137 of 1,164
  Does anyone know how long CTC shipping usually takes? I'm too excited to wait haha

Hey Jordan, shipping usually takes 3-5 days or so to the US. We may be using a US fulfillment route for the A73 orders which will work better for Americans. 

Please note that this is a pre-sell offer (which is clearly outlined on the product page with rough ETA on arrival). This is why the one time price is much lower, and has additional offers. 

We actually get a handful of these questions every day, and we believe that the offer is quite clearly outlined on the product page, including an ETA. 

However, we anticipate that we will have stock in earlier than expected. 

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #138 of 1,164
Hi all, my A73s just came in and I can say they are stunning. Paired with Spotify on my iPhone 6, they are great. Paired with FLAC/Tidal, they are amazing. My jaw dropped when I was listening to these things the first time on FLAC. (but then again, these are my most expensive IEMs to date.) My only complaint is the highs, which can be a bit piercing and uncomfortable. But it is only a small complaint. So, I was just wondering if there are any AMP/DAC combos that are powered by Android so I can download Tidal on it that would work really well with the A73s?

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #139 of 1,164
  Hi all, my A73s just came in and I can say they are stunning. Paired with Spotify on my iPhone 6, they are great. Paired with FLAC/Tidal, they are amazing. My jaw dropped when I was listening to these things the first time on FLAC. (but then again, these are my most expensive IEMs to date.) My only complaint is the highs, which can be a bit piercing and uncomfortable. But it is only a small complaint. So, I was just wondering if there are any AMP/DAC combos that are powered by Android so I can download Tidal on it that would work really well with the A73s?

Wooo! Congrats! To answer your question, the Cozoy Astrapi of course! Latest review by @money4me247 

Cheap and gets the job done for your purpose. 

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #142 of 1,164

Hey Jordan, shipping usually takes 3-5 days or so to the US. We may be using a US fulfillment route for the A73 orders which will work better for Americans. 

Please note that this is a pre-sell offer (which is clearly outlined on the product page with rough ETA on arrival). This is why the one time price is much lower, and has additional offers. 

We actually get a handful of these questions every day, and we believe that the offer is quite clearly outlined on the product page, including an ETA. 

However, we anticipate that we will have stock in earlier than expected. 

Yes I saw that. Was just curious about the shipping aspect, as in tracking and what not, not ETA. Thank you for the help! Can't wait to hear these and thanks for the special offer.

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #143 of 1,164
I've been looking for a hybrid IEM to replace my highly enjoyed pair of Brainwavz B2's I lost, and this thread, along with the sale on CTCaudio has convinced me to purchase a pair. Cannot wait!

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #144 of 1,164
hi just want to ask if they have too much higher frequencies. my ears are very sensitive to it. thanks
some funny replies here about customs also wanting to review them iems and sound like hitting mud with a stick.

Jun 23, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #145 of 1,164
Doesn't look like my DUNU DN1K's are going to sell to help fund these but after playing around with them over the weekend with Treble -2 and bass flat on my X3 I was reminded how good they actually are so I'm not exactly disappointed. Was actually glad I pulled them out again. Now in IEM mode!!

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #146 of 1,164
hi just want to ask if they have too much higher frequencies. my ears are very sensitive to it. thanks
some funny replies here about customs also wanting to review them iems and sound like hitting mud with a stick.

No. Not at all. The high frequencies on the A73 are smooth, have decent extension, and have no annoying peaks. I think this was a conscious effort when being tuned?

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #147 of 1,164
Doesn't look like my DUNU DN1K's are going to sell to help fund these but after playing around with them over the weekend with Treble -2 and bass flat on my X3 I was reminded how good they actually are so I'm not exactly disappointed. Was actually glad I pulled them out again. Now in IEM mode!!

Yeah, by this time, unless you sell those DUNU for $80-100, probably won't move because there has been just as good hybrids released since the DN1K, they have the DN2K and DN2Kj, and those who had the curiosity to try them already have, so you'll have to take a huge loss to move them imo.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #148 of 1,164
question to owners or Havi B3 and A73 - how is the separation / imaginin / soundstage compared to B3?
Is there anything B3 can do better than A73?
Thank you

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #149 of 1,164
question to owners or Havi B3 and A73 - how is the separation / imaginin / soundstage compared to B3?
Is there anything B3 can do better than A73?
Thank you

I have them, and I've been actually using the B3 tips on my E80. As for strengths, the Havi has much better soundstage width than the A73. Imaging is also a bit better, but I think that's just a manifest of the bass being very enemic, and so there's not much in terms of bass weight ect to cover any notes/instruments, but aside from that, the A73 is superior in treble, timbre, mids, and especially bass quality and quantity.

The A73 is a great IEM, especially for the price.

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #150 of 1,164
how much are they? also how is the durability? my vsonic vsd3s broke today, woke up and the left speaker just doesnt make any sound. so another one is busted. anyway can you describe the bass? does it dominate the sound or its as neutral as it can be? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back