Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jun 18, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #121 of 1,164
A73 has more controlled highs. DN1K highs can be bright and sibilant, and A73 highs are not like that. Smoother and less splashy. Bass is more punchy and faster than DN1K. Mids are more balanced and not as recessed as the DUNU. The Dunu are a great v-shaped sig, and fun, while the A73 is more balanced, and has smoother highs and better bass response. IMHO.

Cheers mate. It sure sounds like a contender. Sorry to interrogate you like this but I'm excited!!

So more bass punch with the A73's. Is that the same as bass slam?? How about sub bass?? Are you saying the A73's have more bass??  

If so looks like my DN1K's will be up for sale very soon!!

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #122 of 1,164
Cheers mate. It sure sounds like a contender. Sorry to interrogate you like this but I'm excited!!

So more bass punch with the A73's. Is that the same as bass slam?? How about sub bass?? Are you saying the A73's have more bass??  

If so looks like my DN1K's will be up for sale very soon!!

It's ok. I don't mind. Especially since the DUNU are one of my favorite still, but the bass is just different. I think the bass is the big letdown with the DN1K. It can get a bit boomy, and it lacks refinement. I think the bass of the A73 is more refined, hits harder (but clearer), and it's most definitely faster. As for sub bass, I think it's more mid bass to me (anyone else with the A73 care to chime in on this perception?), but can dig deep when called upon, but I think it's a better bass, and when you throw in the highs being much cleaner and less shimmery, but still providing excellent instrument separation, the A73 is a better buy than the DN1K. Again that's just me. The Dunu are still a fun and excellent IEM, but the Fidue A73 is just better and more refined sound.

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #123 of 1,164
Going back and forth between the two, it is definitely a close competition. What sets the A73 apart for me is the cohesiveness between the dynamic and armature driver.

With the DNK I can definitely tell what frequencies are handles by each driver. With the dynamic driver it's a heavy bass that digs deep. There's a very crisp and thinner midrange and treble response from the armature drivers as compared to the A73.

With the A73 you get a better transition and warmer and thicker lower midrange that works well IMHO, and you don't sense two drivers working separately as much.

Jun 18, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #124 of 1,164
With the A73 you get a better transition and warmer and thicker lower midrange that works well IMHO, and you don't sense two drivers working separately as much.

I was just swapping back and forth with the A73, Titan 1 and Havi B3P1. The A73 does hold it's own, but all 3 units are very particular to their own signature. If I was to choose one to keep, it would probably be the A73, honestly. 
The A73 is much closer to the Havi than the Titans. If you take away that richness in the lower mids and upper bass region, I seriously believe that the 2 would be very hard to distinguish. Where the Titan 1 is a very forward, and relatively colder and sharper than the other 2. I can see how some say the the Titans are less refined because of its edginess, which I think is the downside of the Titanium driver, but them again some people prefer that edgy and grainy sound. I personally love how the A73 has that lush and sweet bass line and vocal region but it doesn't lose clarity in the treble or width and depth of the soundstage and separation. It's a little bit harder to hear the staging elements behind the extra warmth, but it's definitely there, and it's large, you just gotta listen closer. Hence why I say that they're like a bassy Havi B3P1 and I seem to keep going to that conclusion.

Jun 18, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #126 of 1,164
It's ok. I don't mind. Especially since the DUNU are one of my favorite still, but the bass is just different. I think the bass is the big letdown with the DN1K. It can get a bit boomy, and it lacks refinement. I think the bass of the A73 is more refined, hits harder (but clearer), and it's most definitely faster. As for sub bass, I think it's more mid bass to me (anyone else with the A73 care to chime in on this perception?), but can dig deep when called upon, but I think it's a better bass, and when you throw in the highs being much cleaner and less shimmery, but still providing excellent instrument separation, the A73 is a better buy than the DN1K. Again that's just me. The Dunu are still a fun and excellent IEM, but the Fidue A73 is just better and more refined sound.

Than you very much.
beerchug.gif

Jun 18, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #127 of 1,164
Going back and forth between the two, it is definitely a close competition. What sets the A73 apart for me is the cohesiveness between the dynamic and armature driver.

With the DNK I can definitely tell what frequencies are handles by each driver. With the dynamic driver it's a heavy bass that digs deep. There's a very crisp and thinner midrange and treble response from the armature drivers as compared to the A73.

If you could have only one?? I like my DN1K's but can't justify having both or I'm going to end up with too much gear and I'm trying to be good.

Jun 18, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #128 of 1,164
If you could have only one?? I like my DN1K's but can't justify having both or I'm going to end up with too much gear and I'm trying to be good.
The A73 is currently the favorite IEM I have, so my answer is easy.

One thing to note is the fit. DNK is really heavy and I often lose my seal with them no matter how I wear them. With the A73 they go over the ear, snug into place and I can forget about them. They fit my ears really well. They are much lighter than the DNK.

DNK is awesome don't get me wrong. The SQ difference to my ears isn't a lot, but I give the slight edge to the A73. YMMV

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #129 of 1,164

One thing to note is the fit. DNK is really heavy and I often lose my seal with them no matter how I wear them. With the A73 they go over the ear, snug into place and I can forget about them. They fit my ears really well. They are much lighter than the DNK.

DNK is awesome don't get me wrong. The SQ difference to my ears isn't a lot, but I give the slight edge to the A73. YMMV

Completely agree. As good as the DN-1k is in technology, it's too bulky and flimsy to use 24/7. I couldn't see myself keeping it, just because of the practicality of it.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #130 of 1,164

I thank you sir. Fit and comfort is an issue with the DN1K's so think I might sell them and grab the A73's. Will sleep on it + as I have not listened to the Dunu's for a while might give them some ear time over the weekend with some AC/DC tracks I just got hold of and see if I don't fall in love with them again!!

beerchug.gif

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #133 of 1,164
Noisy Motel list the specs as being;

Frequency Range: 20-20,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 107+-3dB
Max Input Power: 10mW

as opposed to;

Frenquency Range: 13-27,000 Hz

Sensitivity: 107dB

Max Input Power: 20mW

I'm assuming they have it wrong??

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #134 of 1,164