Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Nov 29, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #1,066 of 1,164
Yes. I still have a feeling they are good replacement of eph100/ma750 which are supposed to be smooth bass IEMs in this price category (and were always the choice of people who don't want sibilant Vsonics or bass free Hifimans). How does it compare with older a71 and a65? For the latter, I could read some one on one input. But not for the first one. Most important criteria would be: sibilance, soundstage and bass.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #1,068 of 1,164
I don't hear the same sibilance others have reported. What I hear is a warm and slightly bass forward tuning with enough highs to keep it entertaining.

Indeed. I only find them sibilant with sibilant prone tracks, which is normal for most IEMs. 

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,069 of 1,164
Yes. I still have a feeling they are good replacement of eph100/ma750 .

I came from owning eph100 for 2years and for me the A73 is everything the eph200 should have been and it's still my favourite.
Bass, detail and soundstage are superior to eph100.

These phones are very tip sensitive so lot can be achieved sound signature wise by experimenting with different ones and fittings.
I think bad tip fittings did not help some people and they did not hear the sound positively like many others.

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #1,071 of 1,164
Since I am about to travel I had to make a purchase.
I have Sony nwz zx1 and needed an iem.
I researched a lot and this forum convinced me to buy A73 actually.
I payed 115£ and they arrived after a few days. I used then almost a week now and can tell
that they scale very well with ZX1 from Sony. 
I dont need an amp since they are very easy to drive.
They are fantastic on Marantz Hd Dac1 and for the price they are really a gem.
Thanks to all for recommending them.

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #1,072 of 1,164
  Since I am about to travel I had to make a purchase.
I have Sony nwz zx1 and needed an iem.
I researched a lot and this forum convinced me to buy A73 actually.
I payed 115£ and they arrived after a few days. I used then almost a week now and can tell
that they scale very well with ZX1 from Sony. 
I dont need an amp since they are very easy to drive.
They are fantastic on Marantz Hd Dac1 and for the price they are really a gem.
Thanks to all for recommending them.

I'm glad that you enjoy them, they are indeed great.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,073 of 1,164
ive given mine to my dad. because they are pretty good. the bass is boring, sibilance is annoying, and makes it useless with cozoy aegis dac cause it is too loud on lowest volume on cozoy aegis dac. it has good detail and low price but i guess this is why cause of sibilance and weird bass. bass is there only for the sake of being there, it has no texture etc. if i knew bass is not very good i would probably buy vsonic gr07.
cozoy aegis was last drop, it was just too loud on lowest volume, it is just ridiculous. without good bass they sound boring, with annoying sibilance they sound annoying. and with cozoy aegis they sound just too loud and i cant use them at all. for resolution it is all good, nicely detailed. or may be im not used to performance earphones and need to work my way up from lower performance gear. could be. i guess this is an amature point of view. take it for what it is

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,074 of 1,164
ive given mine to my dad. because they are pretty good. the bass is boring, sibilance is annoying, and makes it useless with cozoy aegis dac cause it is too loud on lowest volume on cozoy aegis dac. it has good detail and low price but i guess this is why cause of sibilance and weird bass. bass is there only for the sake of being there, it has no texture etc. if i knew bass is not very good i would probably buy vsonic gr07.
cozoy aegis was last drop, it was just too loud on lowest volume, it is just ridiculous. without good bass they sound boring, with annoying sibilance they sound annoying. and with cozoy aegis they sound just too loud and i cant use them at all. for resolution it is all good, nicely detailed. or may be im not used to performance earphones and need to work my way up from lower performance gear. could be. i guess this is an amature point of view. take it for what it is

Never seen someone praise and bash something so much at the same time. What does your dad think of them?

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,075 of 1,164
Never seen someone praise and bash something so much at the same time. What does your dad think of them?
+1 no offense but the guy has derailed this thread time and time again. Every single time people post positive impressions this guy comes out of left field and starts dumping on them. I think it's time we collectively start flagging the posts. If admins read through this they will see the same pattern we've seen.

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,076 of 1,164
+1 no offense but the guy has derailed this thread time and time again. Every single time people post positive impressions this guy comes out of left field and starts dumping on them. I think it's time we collectively start flagging the posts. If admins read through this they will see the same pattern we've seen.

Indeed! It's not a random occurrence, but a regular one. The posts are rather "bipolar", for lack of a better word.

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #1,077 of 1,164

he likes them, this is why i gave them to my dad because they are pretty good.

Hisoundfi, DJScope
sorry about that, i appologise.

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #1,078 of 1,164
he likes them, this is why i gave them to my dad because they are pretty good. i wouldnt give anything else to my dad. i described why i dont use them he said its ok. so

@Hisoundfi, @DJScope
sorry about that, i really appologise about that. i like resolution and detail but to me they are sort of boring analitical type of audio because i prefer something with better and more bass. my dad likes them. when i said i paid 110 euro for them he was surprised. like he wouldnt spend that much. but it is quality. for his iphone 5 they are good. i cant listen to them, i prefer better bass. but i understand not everyone likes bass so

I understand. It's just that you keep coming back into threads saying you love the product and then you say you don't. It could get very confusing for people who come into this forum to look for advice. If you don't like something, say your peace and move on. By coming back and repeating what you've already previously said is not good for the vibe/mood of the threads. I hope you understand.

It's great that your dad likes them! Maybe we've got a new Head-Fier out of him? 
wink_face.gif

So just out of curiousity, what is your current favourite rig?

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #1,079 of 1,164
DJScope sorry about that, i understand it may be comfusing for new people. he wont be on headfi. but i dont know what other headphone to give him. amperiors are the closest but i think a73 is better overall cause these are more comfortable. he wanted denon d400 but i realised they are not that good not that hifi.

em my favorite is pioneer cx8 and cozoy aegis dac for home use when i want to listen to detail and bass. but cx8 is not as detailed as a73, but more fun cause of bass. and portable is qkz x6 super bass 5 euro earphones. they are mostly for on the go use although i listen at home sometimes to them. they are on the go because when i go somewhere i just want to hear bass and not get distracted by hifi detail. and they dont need an amp or dac, just grab and go sort of setup. im looking into hd25 and dunu 1k for better bass but im still deciding. as for my dad i dont think he likes them so that is why they are perfect. and i know he appreciates detail because when we were listening to sennheiser momentum in shop he liked the detail, and a73 is way more detailed than momentum. they are more detailed than hd598 so although they are close for hifi in general. so ye all good

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #1,080 of 1,164
@DJScope sorry about that, i understand it may be comfusing for new people. he wont be on headfi. but i dont know what other headphone to give him. amperiors are the closest but i think a73 is better overall cause these are more comfortable. he wanted denon d400 but i realised they are not that good not that hifi.

em my favorite is pioneer cx8 and cozoy aegis dac for home use when i want to listen to detail and bass. but cx8 is not as detailed as a73, but more fun cause of bass. and portable is qkz x6 super bass 5 euro earphones. they are mostly for on the go use although i listen at home sometimes to them. they are on the go because when i go somewhere i just want to hear bass and not get distracted by hifi detail. and they dont need an amp or dac, just grab and go sort of setup. im looking into hd25 and dunu 1k for better bass but im still deciding. as for my dad i dont think he is a basshead like me so that is why they are perfect. and i know he appreciates detail because when we were listening to sennheiser momentum in shop he liked the detail, and a73 is way more detailed than momentum. they are more detailed than hd598 so although they are close for hifi in general. so ye

happy holidays

No worries mate! If you don't have anything against earbuds, I'd suggest you have a look at the VE Monk $5 earbuds. They're brilliant for the price and might actually be something you enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back