Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,051 of 1,164
How does this compare to the LZ-A2?

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #1,053 of 1,164
Have you received your CKRs Grayson73?
smily_headphones1.gif

Not yet!

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #1,054 of 1,164
I was going on the google images of Fidue A73 after getting excited right when I ordered them, and then i saw...

http://store-us.make.dmm.com/q-music-qe50-bg/

a rebranded Fidue A73? The store also sells what looks like a rebranded Fidue A83. Odd. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,055 of 1,164
After many hours of research as to which my first pair of IEMs will be, the Fidue A73 has really peaked my interest.

Do you think these fare well with EDM? Typically the more chill side of it such as future bass, chill trap, chillstep, etc.

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #1,056 of 1,164
After many hours of research as to which my first pair of IEMs will be, the Fidue A73 has really peaked my interest.

Do you think these fare well with EDM? Typically the more chill side of it such as future bass, chill trap, chillstep, etc.

Thanks!

ye they are good for that. if you dont need more bass than neutral and dont mind ssibilance these are very good. if you want more bass and no sibilance you may look into dunu dn 1k

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #1,057 of 1,164

Thanks!
Yes absolutely. This thread was derailed for quite some time by people who I feel were hell bent on ruining it, but I still really value my pair.

If I'm listening to an IEM for sheer enjoyment purposes I will reach for these.

And yes, they rock for all genres imho.

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,058 of 1,164
ye they are good for that. if you dont need more bass than neutral and dont mind ssibilance these are very good. if you want more bass and no sibilance you may look into dunu dn 1k

Yes absolutely. This thread was derailed for quite some time by people who I feel were hell bent on ruining it, but I still really value my pair.

If I'm listening to an IEM for sheer enjoyment purposes I will reach for these.

And yes, they rock for all genres imho.

I am looking at the Alpha & Delta AD01, Dunu DN-1000, and the Fidue A73. 

I love my HE400 and don't mind the sibilance that comes with them. I find that sibilance amps me up and directly translates to energy.

When someone describes their use of a piece of audio equipment as "enjoyment" it usually means there's a trade off in terms of clarity, accuracy, detail etc.

Would you say that is true with these IEMs?

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #1,059 of 1,164

I am looking at the Alpha & Delta AD01, Dunu DN-1000, and the Fidue A73. 

I love my HE400 and don't mind the sibilance that comes with them. I find that sibilance amps me up and directly translates to energy.

When someone describes their use of a piece of audio equipment as "enjoyment" it usually means there's a trade off in terms of clarity, accuracy, detail etc.

Would you say that is true with these IEMs?

The a73 does not trade off clarity, but the bass is the right amount. I havnt heard the ad01 but in comparison to the d1000 the fidue has more detail and not boomy bass. The a73 is still too much for me as i am sensitive to highs so i am selling them.
Comfort goes to a73 for its size and weight, the dunu like a piece of metal but that also means its not likely to break. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,060 of 1,164

The a73 does not trade off clarity, but the bass is the right amount. I havnt heard the ad01 but in comparison to the d1000 the fidue has more detail and not boomy bass. The a73 is still too much for me as i am sensitive to highs so i am selling them.
Comfort goes to a73 for its size and weight, the dunu like a piece of metal but that also means its not likely to break.

It seems as if the Dunu DN-1000 is "the" EDM headphone, but I am not a basshead by any means. If you have heard the HE400 which IEM would you say has similar bass to that tight planar bass?

The Dunu's weight is definitely a concern, but then again I use the HE400 for hours at a time with no discomfort.

Thanks.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,061 of 1,164
It seems as if the Dunu DN-1000 is "the" EDM headphone, but I am not a basshead by any means. If you have heard the HE400 which IEM would you say has similar bass to that tight planar bass?

The Dunu's weight is definitely a concern, but then again I use the HE400 for hours at a time with no discomfort.

Thanks.

The dn1k is heavy, but not uncomfortably so. U just know its there. I never got the he400 because of its size and weight, maybe one day... Ppl say they aren't exactly basshead either.

I haven't heard the dn1k and the a73 side by side, but the level of clarity and transparency was much better on the a73 to my ears.

What's better for edm is relative, but if you want more bass then clarity will be sacrificed. I remember a less refined bass on the dn1k. Best would be to hear them both.

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #1,062 of 1,164
The dn1k is heavy, but not uncomfortably so. U just know its there. I never got the he400 because of its size and weight, maybe one day... Ppl say they aren't exactly basshead either.

I haven't heard the dn1k and the a73 side by side, but the level of clarity and transparency was much better on the a73 to my ears.

What's better for edm is relative, but if you want more bass then clarity will be sacrificed. I remember a less refined bass on the dn1k. Best would be to hear them both.

I've AB'ed the DN-1k and A73 side by side and the DN-1k is more refined and much more balanced with much faster bass and smooth treble response, and it is also much more revealing. The advantages that the A73 has over it is the much more fun V shaped signature brings more bass quantity and treble shimmer, as well as it's got really greatly textured and full vocal experience. The A73 also has a better soundstage. I can't agree that the A73 has better clarity or transparency, but they're not far away from each other. It may seem that way because of the spike in the treble but the DN-1k has more clarity in the whole spectrum. As a whole the DN-1k is the more technical IEM but it's disadvantages, ie, heavy, uncomfortable, annoying spacer rings and no groove on the nozzle, kind of weighs down the decision to the A73 being the better IEM it terms of user experience. 

Just my 2 cents.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #1,063 of 1,164

I've AB'ed the DN-1k and A73 side by side and the DN-1k is more refined and much more balanced with much faster bass and smooth treble response, and it is also much more revealing. The advantages that the A73 has over it is the much more fun V shaped signature brings more bass quantity and treble shimmer, as well as it's got really greatly textured and full vocal experience. The A73 also has a better soundstage. I can't agree that the A73 has better clarity or transparency, but they're not far away from each other. It may seem that way because of the spike in the treble but the DN-1k has more clarity in the whole spectrum. As a whole the DN-1k is the more technical IEM but it's disadvantages, ie, heavy, uncomfortable, annoying spacer rings and no groove on the nozzle, kind of weighs down the decision to the A73 being the better IEM it terms of user experience. 

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for chiming in. I guess my memory isn't reliable enough. If/when I have them side by side I will comment again. A73 indeed has a spike, which is why I personally dont use it much at all. I got my brother to get the dn1k a while back, so I may get to compare then sooner than later. Even if the a73 has more bass, I think its better controlled.

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #1,064 of 1,164
I read the whole thread. It's ridiculous how it changed from total excitement in the beginning to doubts in the middle (feat. basshead trolling as a bonus) to everyone selling or disassembling a73 in the end.
Got me thinking about people sanity more than headphones.
..From no sibilance to sibilance.
..From a73 outclassing Gr07 hands down to opposite.
Well done guys, keep buying and selling your phones until you find your holly grail :wink:

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,065 of 1,164
I read the whole thread. It's ridiculous how it changed from total excitement in the beginning to doubts in the middle (feat. basshead trolling as a bonus) to everyone selling or disassembling a73 in the end.
Got me thinking about people sanity more than headphones.
..From no sibilance to sibilance.
..From a73 outclassing Gr07 hands down to opposite.
Well done guys, keep buying and selling your phones until you find your holly grail :wink:
It's still on the top of my list of favorites

Users who are viewing this thread

Back