Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jun 16, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #76 of 1,164
  Just picked up a pair from Penon Audio and received them in two days flat! Enjoying them quite a bit. Does anyone know which comply foams would fit on these? The comply site says their 400 series fits the A83, would it be safe to assume its the same for the A73?

Measure the nozzle diameter and post it here and A83 thread, for someone to reply with A83's nozzle dia.....It's really bs they put the dia of foam (anyone least bothered) but not tube/shaft dia, that way it's easy for a consumer to choose the one that suits his IEM.....

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #77 of 1,164

No burn in and sounds pretty good. Ordered from LMUE Sunday, received today via DHL fantastic

Welcome aboard the A73 train, I will be your captain! Glad to have you with us mate! =D

What are your impressions so far? I know you like warm cans so I think these are right down your ally.

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #78 of 1,164
Welcome aboard the A73 train, I will be your captain! Glad to have you with us mate! =D

What are your impressions so far? I know you like warm cans so I think these are right down your ally.

Thanks mate. They sound very wide, open and clear with really articulate bass. I really like them. Between them and the Titans I think I can sell or give away everything else lol

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #79 of 1,164
  Thanks mate. They sound very wide, open and clear with really articulate bass. I really like them. Between them and the Titans I think I can sell or give away everything else lol

Haha! Ill take those HD800s off you!! How do the pair with your monster stack?

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #80 of 1,164

Haha! Ill take those HD800s off you!! How do the pair with your monster stack?

lol I meant all my IEMs, no need for any of them now. Sounds really good with the stack. I've never heard the stack so detailed and clear before. Next to try it with the X2

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #81 of 1,164
  lol I meant all my IEMs, no need for any of them now. Sounds really good with the stack. I've never heard the stack so detailed and clear before. Next to try it with the X2

To think of it now, I don't remember trying them with the X2. Will be interesting.

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #82 of 1,164
Can confirm the the A73 sounds absolutely AMAZING with the xDuoo X2. The imaging and bass coherency just went through the roof! WOW!

That just pretty much solidified to me that I will be keeping the X2 and selling the FiiO X1. 

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #83 of 1,164
  Can confirm the the A73 sounds absolutely AMAZING with the xDuoo X2. The imaging and bass coherency just went through the roof! WOW!

That just pretty much solidified to me that I will be keeping the X2 and selling the FiiO X1. 

I concur. Its really good out of the X2. I almost like it as much as the stack and not even far off the SQ out of the M9 

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #84 of 1,164
I concur. Its really good out of the X2. I almost like it as much as the stack and not even far off the SQ out of the M9 

I might actually like this pairing more than with the NFB-15. The bass is more controlled and everything has more speed.

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #85 of 1,164
I might actually like this pairing more than with the NFB-15. The bass is more controlled and everything has more speed.

The X2 and A73 sound like they're made for each other. Really great synergy

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #86 of 1,164
I can imagine a higher impedance source helping tame the highs, but seriously guys, all I need to enjoy the hell out of these is my LG G3 and Google Music. They are really sensitive, I can't turn them up past half way.

Also, I have a new favorite tip for them. I'm going with the medium tips from my Sony MH1.

They truly are phenomenal.

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #87 of 1,164
These look to be a good deal at $129 via CTC..my only exp with in ear is crappy iPod buds, so i guess anything is an improvement, the only thing swaying me is non detachable cables..and i really don't want to spend another $350 (A83) on headphones right this moment but the only other option i can see is the Shure SE215 for cable options...Any opinions on exp with fixed cables? as it is my exp that that's where the troubles happen more often than not...any input is appreciated :) 

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #88 of 1,164
These look to be a good deal at $129 via CTC..my only exp with in ear is crappy iPod buds, so i guess anything is an improvement, the only thing swaying me is non detachable cables..and i really don't want to spend another $350 (A83) on headphones right this moment but the only other option i can see is the Shure SE215 for cable options...Any opinions on exp with fixed cables? as it is my exp that that's where the troubles happen more often than not...any input is appreciated :) 
I prefer fixed cables. Some will disagree.

I baby my stuff so seldom if ever do cables short out. Even so, if it's not in a bad spot, it's fixable.

The way I see it, when or if a cable shorts out, it's time to try something else.

The SQ is phenomenal on these. Worth twice as much as the asking price if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back