Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Aug 22, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #721 of 1,164
The A73 is really good. Almost as good as my TF10. Not as detailed.

Never fail to be amazed how people hear and appreciate sound differently.
I couldn't see the fuss with the TF10 when I bought them ages back.
Completly preferred the EPH100 over TF10. And IMO A73 is in a class above EPH100.

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #722 of 1,164
I am now done auditioning the A73s, along side some other IEMs too. In the end I took home the Sony A1APs and here is the reason why: 

Fit:
A1APs fit my ears perfectly with the smallest tips they got. 
The A73's fit my ears perfectly too with the smallest tips, but they sort of hurt after several minutes. 
A1APs win in fit.

SOUND:
Both IEMs perform very well for the price range but of course they do sound differently. 

Bass: The bass on both IEM are nice and almost the same to my ears but I will be giving the edge to the A73s because the bass sounds a little bit tighter. They both have great extension and goes very deep. No midrange leakage as well for both IEMs. 

Mids: Again, there's not much difference between the midrange of the two competing IEMs. They are not highly detailed but still sufficient. They are clear and lush and warm and you still won't feel like you're missing too much details. This assessment is due to me coming from the Brainwavz B2 where in the midrange is extremely detailed. 

Highs: Now, here's where they differ greatly. I was also looking for an IEM with a less accentuated highs than the B2s. An IEM that is closer sounding to my HD600. I was getting tired of the B2's accentuated highs and that's why I was looking for something warmish but still sort of neutral. 

The treble of the A73s was a little bit sibilant, not as sibilant as the B2s though. I was turned off by this treble response. I wanted something that has smooth highs, something that will be good for longer listening sessions, and the A1APs got the highs that I am looking for. I do feel that they are rolled off somewhere up top, but not too much.

The A73 wins both on treble extension and details but the A1Aps win for their smoother highs.

Soundstaging:

Soundstage is almost the same, it's just that the A73s treble response was more highlighted and this gives the impression of a wider soundstage. 
(Someone said the A73's soundstage was bigger than the HD600, this is absolutely not true. The HD600 trumps the soundstage of the A73, the difference is big) 

Final notes:

I guess both IEMs performed well for me, and it all boils down to what you are looking for. To be honest I cannot say the A73 is a giant killer, but they sound good for their price. I can recommend it to people who like a U shaped sound sig, and for them to try it first for fitting issues.

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #723 of 1,164
cool, xba are pretty good and a1ap seems to be same money as fidue a73, I just got annoyed by its wobbly connectors that interrupt audio, I guess if you don't care about that it's all good. and ye xba high frequency is rolled off in comparison to fidue a73.

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #725 of 1,164
I will say i  have been listening to these on the go a lot as well as at home, they do sound great, for the $$ they are + i still have issues with certain albums being a bit sibilant vs others but a lil EQ seems to tame that, i guess my ears are super sensitive to treble.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #726 of 1,164
yup, and a good example is Bob Dylan's Tombstone Blues from Highway 61 Revisited. That particular recording is almost always sibilant no matter what iem I use. The A1Ap and the A73 were no exceptions. However the sibilance level of the A73 is not tolerable for me but the A1Ap was doing fine.

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #730 of 1,164
Exac
I'm pretty sure that there isn't enough current to make the drivers overheat. Vents/ports are mostly for sound and driver flex.

Exactly besides there's another vent up front. Though I don't recommend blocking that one as its a typical vertical to driver vent which will make it have a peak.

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #731 of 1,164
So I've got a pair of A83s that I love outside of the slight fit issues.  I've been told these things fit similarly to the GR07s which I absolutely love from a fit standpoint.  If these things, along with the mic, fit similarly...but sound closer to the A83s, I'm going to have to downgrade.  I really can't find the PERFECT headphone but the A83s are very close which is why I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger on a pair of these if they really will fit my needs (pun intended).

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #732 of 1,164
Sorry guys it's on sale. if anyone wants to pick it up. all works and everything included.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Fidue-A73-iem-earphones-/252069247751?

they are good just I like bass. and even xb90ex with a bass amp is lacking bass a bit. should have looked in bass thread from very beginning.
cheers

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #733 of 1,164
Sorry guys it's on sale. if anyone wants to pick it up. all works and everything included.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Fidue-A73-iem-earphones-/252069247751?

they are good just I like bass. and even xb90ex with a bass amp is lacking bass a bit. should have looked in bass thread from very beginning.
cheers

What a biz, man, I just don't have the funds now :frowning2: or I would bite to see what is this all about.

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #734 of 1,164
What a biz, man, I just don't have the funds now :frowning2: or I would bite to see what is this all about.

I loose a lot of money though buying and selling, 10 euro to post and 12 euro to eBay so like I paid 110 euro and will get 90 euro back. and for that money I could recharge my sodastream co2 balon two times at Argos. and each one lasts about a year the way I use them, so ye buying and selling isn't profitable. don't worry you aren't loosing much just a clean neutral sound with a small bump on bass if you aren't sensitive to high extended high frequency and may be some sibilance. they are good for those who like this kind of sound. for me bass earphones sound more fun though. it's funny how people criticised beats but they still do bass even if they don't sound that clean or neutral. not everyone likes bass or the same sound type so here it is. my main earphone is 90ex and smsl sap-5 bass amp, I get the most bass with these two. I'll leave fidue a73 to those who like neutral sound, cheers

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #735 of 1,164
H20FidelityI'm looking to buy either the gr07's or the fidue a73.My main concern would be 1.Which has better clarity, detail and instrument separation, and how big is the margin
2.I've read the the a73 has big bass and is warm.Does bass bleed into mid range,creating a veil, and is the quantity much higher than the gr07's3.Is the treble of the a73 shimmery.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back