Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Aug 27, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #752 of 1,164
alright i feel like yee guys will kick me out of this thread, i think i keep fidue a73 to use with bass amp and sell sony xb90ex and buy a different earphone for bass, this earphone isnt a bass earphone as people have said.

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #754 of 1,164
its ok ive sold my sennheiser amperiors before which i think had more detail than a73 its just not my flavour of sound, the thin sound, its great earphone for those who want it. im in to bass earphones. and i know many people dont like bass earphones and say its farting sound, and not neutral etc, which is why i looked into best earphones and realised that analitical earphones basically means flat. but they lack fun that i get from bass earphones with bass amp. i guess there are different worlds in audio, those who like thin bright sound neutral etc, those who like dark sound and those who like bass. i like bass and cant critisise other earphones, they are good and do recomend them to those who like those kinds of sound. a73 and sony xba-a2 just lack that fun factor that i get from bass earphones. please dont feel like a73 arent good, its nice earphone, nice detail etc, but not for me, i prefer bass earphones. coloured sound but its fun sound. like cinema subwoofer kind of sound lol

Neutral doesn't mean flat or analytical. Neutral it as close as possible to the Golden Ears sound curve, flat means as close as possible to a flat FR curve, warm is slightly elevated is mid bass and lower mids, and analytical is cold or treble elevated and extended. There are lots of different features that categories what you hear, and even the ones I mentioned are just some of them. Its not just bass, mids and treble.

Edit:

Reading that back I sounded quite rude. I don't mean to be, just wanted to expand on what you said.

Im getting A73 withdrawals! :'(

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #755 of 1,164
alright i feel like yee guys will kick me out of this thread, i think i keep fidue a73 to use with bass amp and sell sony xb90ex and buy a different earphone for bass, this earphone isnt a bass earphone as people have said.

Right on cue ; )

The plan you have now makes more sense as it means you cover all types of music that you like.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #756 of 1,164
Right on cue ; )

The plan you have now makes more sense as it means you cover all types of music that you like.

probably, 90ex just doesnt have that much bass and without an amp there isnt any super bass, so ive no idea what happened to it, i think bass reviews arent too reliable. so and a73 sounds very nice even with amp, and amp ads the bass. so i guess a73 is descent earphone, as long as your ears arent sensitive to them. so i guess a73 is better than sony xba-a2 and xb90ex. a2 is descent though, a73 has more detail though, thats weird for a price they a2 sell. anyway, i keep a73 and my bass amp and listen to them.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #757 of 1,164
probably, 90ex just doesnt have that much bass and without an amp there isnt any super bass, so ive no idea what happened to it, i think bass reviews arent too reliable. so and a73 sounds very nice even with amp, and amp ads the bass. so i guess a73 is descent earphone, as long as your ears arent sensitive to them. so i guess a73 is better than sony xba-a2 and xb90ex. a2 is descent though, a73 has more detail though, thats weird for a price they a2 sell. anyway, i keep a73 and my bass amp and listen to them.

If you like a LOT of bass, you might also want to have a look at the Trinity Hyperion. It is really bassy, and considerably cheap too.

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #758 of 1,164

If you like a LOT of bass, you might also want to have a look at the Trinity Hyperion. It is really bassy, and considerably cheap too.

+1 on Hyperion.They have head shaking bass.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #759 of 1,164
Is the Hyperions bass all quantity or is it hi quality with texture ? I'm interested.

If it wasn't for the costs, I would love to buy the ASG 1plus just because of previous experience with ASG and it's amazing organic bass.

That's the only sound area that I could ask more from A73. Not quantity of bass but high end organic quality.

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #760 of 1,164
Is the Hyperions bass all quantity or is it hi quality with texture ? I'm interested.

If it wasn't for the costs, I would love to buy the ASG 1plus just because of previous experience with ASG and it's amazing organic bass.

That's the only sound area that I could ask more from A73. Not quantity of bass but high end organic quality.

Hyperions aren't too bassy however it has a good amount of healthy bass especially sub-bass which imho cannot be counted as high end and there is only a little mid-bass blead which doesn't ruin the mids. For your reference it has more bass than IM50. But for the price they are really good.

If really are looking for some high end organic quality bass I'd recommend you getting a CKR9 which has the best bass I've heard from an IEM. 
wink.gif

Hope that helps.

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #761 of 1,164
Hi there,

first, thank you for helping me choose this iem, it's really great with addicting sound.

Now i'm looking for a good dap to go with my A73 up to150 usd.
Several pages back I read lots of praise for xduoo x2. Should I still be considering that as my best bet in the price range or taking a look at something else?
Something like ihifi 770c for example?

Thank you :p

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #762 of 1,164
Hi there,

first, thank you for helping me choose this iem, it's really great with addicting sound.

Now i'm looking for a good dap to go with my A73 up to150 usd.
Several pages back I read lots of praise for xduoo x2. Should I still be considering that as my best bet in the price range or taking a look at something else?
Something like ihifi 770c for example?

Thank you
tongue.gif

FiiO X3 used.

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #763 of 1,164
its funny how bass earphones are reccomended left and right that dont actually have much bass, after some time it gets old. but i still look since there isnt much better to do. but reviews usually just dont say much about much bass, thats how they fall out. im thinking more like this super pooper mega bais

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/361208045510?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #764 of 1,164

its funny how bass earphones are reccomended left and right that dont actually have much bass, after some time it gets old. but i still look since there isnt much better to do. but reviews usually just dont say much about much bass, thats how they fall out. im thinking more like this super pooper mega bais

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/361208045510?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Get some Philips SHE3580. 
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #765 of 1,164
ye something with a lot of bais, not some bais, cause i havent heard a single earphone where bass was too much. xb90ex is a joke really just marketing, it doesnt have that much bass, just slightly more than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back