Fidelity Audio Workmanship! see for yourself!
Oct 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #32 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IPodPJ, I gotta say that email trail doesn't read conclusive either way to me. Maybe we're missing part of the story, but both parties come across as rather rude and agressive from what I can see.

There are chat logs where I was accused of exactly what is stated in those e-mails.

I had every right to sound aggressive after I was threatened and accused of forgery.

Oct 24, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #33 of 62
given my own experiences it makes this evidence all the more powerful as indicative of a troubling pattern of unprofessionalism, questionable qc & false promises

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #34 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oinkbanana: I issued your refund, nearly 6 months ago. Before I was even in business and still in development stages, hence why the cables were being sold over ebay from consumer to consumer, not business to consumer.

your excuses are really lame.
paypal issued the refund once I provided a tracking number when I sent the item back. they also had you on file saying "I will wait the full 60 days that paypal lets me prior to issuing your refund."...
and your advertised "Fidelity Audio Balanced 6ft HPSC Sennheiser Cable"... not a business transaction? fine.
but either way, your reputation follows you, consumer to consumer, fidelity audio to consumer, warren-audio to consumer... it's still the same greasing shyster hiding under a different name.

a refund doesn't take away from the fact that you're a company that should be reviewed accurately.

what happened to your "someone who pays hundreds of dollars to head-fi every month" status?

Oct 25, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #35 of 62
oinkbanana,
It's because he has no money. I had to loan him an additional $10 to purchase the rhodium Furutechs after I had already loaned him $140 + $20 for next day air shipping to get the connectors from his supplier. He needed this $10 from me because he claims he spent all day trying to borrow it from someone and didn't have enough in his PayPal account. Next Day Air? What a joke. He kept making lies about saying the cable was done, then a week later he said only one side was done. After the incident with the logo which transpired about 2.5 weeks from when I sent him the money I still had no cable and that's when he accused me of forgery -- most likely because he had no money to pay me the $200 cash + $170 for the connectors and loan + the cable he was making for me in exchange for the logo. When he issued me a refund finally, he used the excuse that it takes over a week to transfer from his Canadian bank account to PayPal. I know that's not true because I've gotten refunds from other Canadian companies before. Finally after about 8 days PayPal cancelled the refund because it was unable to get the funds from his bank account. A few hours later he issued another refund which fortunately cleared PayPal and I withdrew the money immediately.

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are chat logs where I was accused of exactly what is stated in those e-mails.

I had every right to sound aggressive after I was threatened and accused of forgery.

I still don't get the deal you had with him. Was the logo always part of the equation?

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #38 of 62
....and who initiated the "deal" swap of your design services for the cable? If Rick pm'ed you for instance; "Philip, if you provide a new design logo for me, I will provide a cable XXX as payment". That would speak volumes to his business practice of engaging in services with no money on hand to pay for said services and would support your contentions.

Good luck.

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #39 of 62
How it started was I told him I was going to be doing a shootout of several companies' HD800 cables. I made it clear that it would be the only kind of review I would do, an honest one, and asked him if he wanted to participate in the review by loaning me his cables. At that point he seemed very generous and told me he would give me his cable free of charge for reviewing it (but did not say which model).

A week or so after that I discussed with him that I could offer him my graphic services, and because of his generosity I would also not charge him full price, only $200 instead of $400 - $500. I told him I would rather have his higher-up model cable to review which is when he said he would still give me both of them to review.

About a week and a half later I began to work on his logo. After that point I had some computer problems and I was down for a little bit while I had to reinstall my Mac OS and the applications. As soon as it was fixed I resumed working on his logo and had it to him within a few days.

The rest happened exactly as you read from the previous posts.

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #40 of 62
Somehow, I saw this coming from a mile away..you know those gut feelings. The alarms bells rang for me when they introduced the HD800 cable and knowing that Sennheiser heavily controls the distribution of the HD800 thus why would a business target such a tiny market so soon after it's been released.....

This thread confirmed my suspicions. The way he advertised too = mmmmmmmm.....

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somehow, I saw this coming from a mile away..you know those gut feelings. The alarms bells rang for me when they introduced the HD800 cable and knowing that Sennheiser heavily controls the distribution of the HD800 thus why would a business target such a tiny market so soon after it's been released.....

This thread confirmed my suspicions. The way he advertised too = mmmmmmmm.....

And don't forget, he doesn't own or has never heard an HD800. I then began wondering how he could possibly make a cable tuned for them.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And don't forget, he doesn't own or has never heard an HD800. I then began wondering how he could possibly make a cable tuned for them.

Well, Rick came across his Double-Helix design and I tried it out with HD600 and suggested to him that it would be better for the HD800. The Enthusiast cable was perfectly suited to the HD600 on the ZDT, maybe even slightly better than the APS V3 on the ZDT (although the cables evened out more on the WA6). So Rick put HD800 connectors on it and sent it back to me just in time for CanJam @ RMAF, and it was more detailed and transparent than the stock one, without giving up any bass or presence. I had the cable on my HD800 at CanJam @RMAF and most people seemed to like it as much as I do.

In all honesty I did have to stay up the night before leaving for RMAF to fix some broken soldering in both earpiece connectors, which I attributed to my tightening up the connectors and twisting the wires (would have been better to do that with the cables plugged into the HD800). So, I didn't blame him for that. There was one crossed wire in the left earpiece out of the 16 wires, and he apologized for that because he was up late trying to get it done in time for RMAF. But that part was easy to fix. Yes, it would have helped him if he had an HD800 to make a cable and test/tune it, and hopefully someday if he is successful with this job he can afford a pair for further testing on new cables in the future.

In the meantime I agreed to listen to his cables and test their construction and durability. The HD800 cable made it through RMAF and is still working. The HD600 Enthusiast cable got tugged on a few times as people tried to walk away from the ZDT with the phones on their head (locking neutrik 4-pin); so now the right channel is now intermittent ONLY if the connector is squeezed between two fingers, but it was fine for the 3 months prior to RMAF and he made me tug and pull on it several times during that time (just not hard enough I guess because I didn't want to break it). The heat-shrink and nylon sleeving looks professionally applied, and not like in the photos someone posted previously.

I wont defend anything he's done wrong with others, but for me working with Rick has been a pleasure. I just wanted to keep it fair and balanced. Cheers!

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #43 of 62
Larry, I'm glad you were able to at least make sure it sounded okay before he decided to sell them, so I'm sure those who own one appreciate that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, Rick came across his Double-Helix design and I tried it out with HD600 and suggested to him that it would be better for the HD800.

Let's start here. When Rick was advised that there is already a company called Double Helix Cables and it was recommended that he come up with another name as to not confuse his company with DHC, he adamantly opposed and even made threats to get Scootermafia banned.

Quote:

In all honesty I did have to stay up the night before leaving for RMAF to fix some broken soldering in both earpiece connectors, which I attributed to my tightening up the connectors and twisting the wires (would have been better to do that with the cables plugged into the HD800). So, I didn't blame him for that. There was one crossed wire in the left earpiece out of the 16 wires, and he apologized for that because he was up late trying to get it done in time for RMAF. But that part was easy to fix. Yes, it would have helped him if he had an HD800 to make a cable and test/tune it, and hopefully someday if he is successful with this job he can afford a pair for further testing on new cables in the future.

Had you been the only one who had these issues, we could consider it a fluke. But you weren't. Almost everyone here who received a cable from Rick had problems with it, be it melted connectors or broken solder joints.

Quote:

I wont defend anything he's done wrong with others, but for me working with Rick has been a pleasure. I just wanted to keep it fair and balanced. Cheers!

Well I'm glad you're not defending him, and I'm glad you've had a positive experience. It makes you among the few.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #44 of 62
I guess I will post my story too. I was looking for a Mini to mini interconnect for my portable rig, so Rick contacted me when I put a thread up looking to buy one. He told me his prices, and I was fully prepared to buy a cable for 60 bucks, his enthusiast series. Right before I did, he said he had some Xpert cable left over in the right length, and he would give me over a 33% discount (from 125 to 80 bucks shipped). I paid him, he sent out the cable, I have not seen a better made 80 dollar cable. It is still working months later, even after the abuse I have put it through as it resides in my pocket. He was all around a pleasure to deal with, and I even want him to get into the IEM cable business. I would purchase his cables over some of the more respected companies here on head-fi.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I will post my story too. I was looking for a Mini to mini interconnect for my portable rig, so Rick contacted me when I put a thread up looking to buy one. He told me his prices............

Apparently that is a violation of TOS:

"A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums, Private Messaging, or Head-Fi's e-mail relay function--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back