Fidelity Audio Workmanship! see for yourself!
Oct 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

oinkbanana

New Head-Fier
IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

I posted some comments in Rick's Sponsored thread, but he got them deleted because he wasn't happy with anything that might seem negative.
I don't want this to turn into some over inflamed war where people who pay money to head-fi are seen as evil overlords, because the sponsors of this site are A+++ folks. But Rick Warren is an exception and I think people should hear that bad transactions have happened to me and to others. I won't speak for others, but trust me, they've messaged me assuring me that I'm not alone in receiving poor workmanship, childish emails, unprofessional excuses and cables that just don't work.

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #2 of 62
wow that is really bad. i dont get how hard is to nicely make a cable when it comes to just touching it up. really disappointing. i guess fidelity audio just really wants the money

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 62
So what do we see?
- touching hot shrinking tubes with fingers
- overheating connector's plastic
- improper shrinking tube placement
- bad gluing technology chosen
And these guys dare to go commercial. This is ridiculous. Sure, anybody that knows (disputable here) how to solder could start cable assembly business but some people just should not. Go do something different for living with such craftmanship abilities. :p

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 62
Rick's responded to my threads with threatning PM's. seriously.

When I fist emailed rick about my problem cable, he was super unprofessional blaming all my other equipment, refusing to do anything about it.
it was an ebay transaction, so i just filed a paypal claim after realizing I was dealing with a baby, to which he accused me of stealing his funds (clearly he has no idea how paypal works). that he'd only refund me once I closed the resolution ticket. ???.
he said he'd be vindictive and take as long as possible to refund me. it was just an embarrassing ordeal.
he closed his ebay account after a few people left him poor feedback.
He even lies about the poor feedback citing the cheap shipping users were opting for, when in reality he offered free shipping with his items.

because of this thread, people' have PM'ed me their horror stories.
stories about how rick doesn't even own HD800 to test his HD800 cables on
channels reversed, cold soldering falling to bits, failed simple continuity tests,
that the guy just mails out broken cables.
And Yes, the cable I received from him not only is shoddy, but was broken.

More People Need to step forward!
it's OK that you got ripped off. Head-fi is here so others don't make the same mistakes we did.

ps. rick, it's not libel if it's true. so don't bother with your 'lawyer friends'.
popcorn.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #8 of 62
Two quick points:

1. oink, if you have not already done so please leave feedback for Rick in the Vendor Feedback Forum. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f92/no...-audio-441732/

2. Other MOT's are reminded that it is not allowed for them to be critical of other MOTs regardless of whether or not their comments are appropriate.

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #9 of 62
That is certainly not acceptable.
Return it for a full refund and leave appropriate feedback!

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 62
That is shocking, because my cable has such great quality.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 62
I also received poor cabling but since it was a new company I decided to be nice and give them the benefit of a doubt. Instead of returning the cables I just took it as a bit of a learning experience, since I was one of the recipients of a gift certificate from them. It's going to be hard for new companies to earn my trust now...

I received a total of 3 cables, none of which were in working condition. The OP's summary covers the majority of the problems that I found.

I also don't wish for this to escalate beyond what it has already, but I don't want the OP to be the only one letting people know about this.

Oct 22, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #12 of 62
Funny you posted on this. My friend and I were just speaking about this the other day. He was just about getting ready to post. I'm going to direct his attention to this thread so that he can share his experience here.

Rick really should know better because the word always gets out, especially on head-fi. Why throw out credibility of the business on such trivial things?

Oct 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #13 of 62
This incident occurred 6 months ago. I told him that he should have contacted me directly for the refund as paypal froze my account because of it making it more difficult to issue him the refund. He did not understand this.

Because of this incident, I spent over 200$ on cardas HPSC connectors in order to resolve the issue and have since had no issues in craftsmanship due to them.

Thanks.

Oct 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #15 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This incident occurred 6 months ago. I told him that he should have contacted me directly for the refund as paypal froze my account because of it making it more difficult to issue him the refund. He did not understand this.

Because of this incident, I spent over 200$ on cardas HPSC connectors in order to resolve the issue and have since had no issues in craftsmanship due to them.

Thanks.

Some comments have been made about the tone of your communcations with some customers. Do you have any comment about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back