Fidelity Audio Workmanship! see for yourself!
Oct 26, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently that is a violation of TOS:

"A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums, Private Messaging, or Head-Fi's e-mail relay function--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums."

This was before he was a MOT I am pretty sure.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

"A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums, Private Messaging, or Head-Fi's e-mail relay function--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums."

The FS/FT forums are not part of the "main forums." I've seen MOTs like HiGHFLYiN9 respond to such ads before and I don't believe it is in violation of the Head-Fi TOS.

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #48 of 62
I forgot to mention, Rick called me on his dime the night I repaired the HD800 cable, and he talked me through the process for over an hour (or more). I thought he was very professional and I was surprised by the things mentioned in this thread. I'm sure you would NOT make these things up (2 sides to every story, haven't heard his), but he was very nice to me the whole time, and never wigged out/went psycho.
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #49 of 62
I have got a second opinion here. Rick contacted me by pm (before he was a sponsor - or even had a company, I think). I had made a thread stating, that I had some money on a paypal account, that I would have to get rid off (my Danish bank wouldn't allow me to drag the money to my bank account). I was looking for a HD650 cable.

The first cable (that I got for a fair price as he was just entering into business) had issues with the connectors. Loose connections. And they looked very much like the ones on the picture in the first page of this thread. It was bad.

I contacted Rick. He was very sorry about the problem, and we had good communication. No problem. I would send back the cable and he would send me another. Unfortunately, the second cable had the same problems with loose connections in the connectors (to the senn earcups). This cable worked for a couple of days though. As I stated that I had done nothing to damage them, and that I liked the sound of the cable very much, he told me, that I could just throw out the cable. He would send me another PLUS a free RCA interconnect cable. All the way I could sense, that he was sorry about the hickups and willing to do anything to make up for it.

The third cable is much better. I think my HD650 sounds awesome. A lot better than with the stock cable. I'm still waiting for those loose connections to appear. There has been a little bit to start with, but it strangely it seems that they have "settled" in some way. I don't know nothing about these things, but I can hear, that the cable enhances the hd650. First thing: clarity. Second thing: bass control. As these two things were my primary needs, I'm very satisfied with the cable!

I don't want to take anyones part here. I just think it's fair to share another side of Rick and Fidelity Audio. A new company with clearly some technical difficulties to begin with. But also a nice and friendly fellow, who wants to make up for any hickups in that matter. And at last, a guy who believes, that he can make good cables for a fair price. And I think he can!

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #50 of 62
Rick did mention some issues with soldering the HD600 connectors, and a month or two ago he told me that found a new way to get it done where it wont come loose. He can share the discovery if he wants, as I don't know if the details he gave me were meant to be shared. What he told me sounded like a pretty smart idea to enhance the contact surface area for soldering. I believe my HD600 cable is one of the first that he made, and it doesn't have this technique done to it.

I do hope you guys all get this worked out satisfactorily.

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Yes, that would be a violation of the TOS.

And it wouldn't matter if he was a MOT at the time, if he was offering a product or service at a price that included any sort of profit he would have been in violation of Head-Fi's rules. The same goes for any of the other small cable MOT's that we have around here.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #52 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The FS/FT forums are not part of the "main forums." I've seen MOTs like HiGHFLYiN9 respond to such ads before and I don't believe it is in violation of the Head-Fi TOS.

Quote:

[size=x-small]"Main Forums" are those forums within Head-Fi not specifically designated as areas for commercial advertising by Members of the Trade.[/size]

[size=x-small]

If he was offering to make something at above the cost of parts for the person, then, according to my understanding, he was in breach of the Head-fi rules.
[/size]

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #53 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he was offering to make something at above the cost of parts for the person, then, according to my understanding, he was in breach of the Head-fi rules.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Looking through Scott Tarlow's thread history, he posted a WTB ad looking for a cable. I don't understand why Rick was in violation if other MOTs are allowed to post "YGPM" or "PM me if you're looking for custom" etc without any recourse from the mods (again using HiGHFLYiN9 as a frequent example of this).

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #54 of 62
Damn, didn't know you could do that. And here I was just sitting around waiting for business.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #56 of 62
He still haven't responded to burying you until you don't know what to do? He answers all the other 'points', but skips away from the threats.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #57 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, didn't know you could do that. And here I was just sitting around waiting for business.

While you're waiting, would you like to buy a cable?
atsmile.gif

se

nodualxlr.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #58 of 62
*hides*

Want a monoprice HD650 cable? Now with more rubber!

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #59 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*hides*

Want a monoprice HD650 cable? Now with more rubber!

Sure. Just let me sell my DuPont stock first. It suddenly went through the roof!
atsmile.gif

se

nodualxlr.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #60 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He still haven't responded to burying you until you don't know what to do? He answers all the other 'points', but skips away from the threats.

Right, because according to him I "have no idea who I'm screwing with." Perhaps he plans to drive out from Canada and bury me. I better make arrangements with the cemetery. What am I saying, he owes me money so he should make the arrangements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back