Fidelity Audio Workmanship! see for yourself!
Oct 22, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #16 of 62
ive had over 20 deputes put on my paypal over the years never once had my paypal locked for it. also why would you even ship something that looks like that, you just dug your own hole.

Oct 23, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #17 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I told him that he should have contacted me directly for the refund as paypal froze my account because of it making it more difficult to issue him the refund. He did not understand this.

Asking a customer to close a PayPal Resolution Centre ticket is a classic con.
Once the ticket is closed you can't open a new one and then there's zero guarantee that a refund will be issued. Paypal can't step in to mediate a refund once a ticket is closed. Classic con.
Issuing a refund would have closed the ticket, and thus unfreezing your account (if that was even true)

I had contacted you directly. But your nerves were already high due to your consistent lack of professionalism that I didn't tolerate.

do you still advertise & confirm by email items "in stock ready to ship" when in reality you didn't even have the correct connectors to even make the cable?

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #18 of 62
Reading this thread got me to thinking i should inspected my FA HD800 cable closely. upon opening the Furutech 704 jack it was evident the right channel wire was just barely soldered on it's prong and when i touched it the wire simply came off the prong. the solders on the com and left channel seem to be ok though. going to have to re-solder the right back on properly.

it seems the FA forum is gone. i had some concerns that this company changed names a few times with the latest change taking place a short time ago. now/was known as Warren Audio.

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #20 of 62
I don't doubt or dispute any of the poor reports that are documented here. I merely want to say that Rick and FA sent me a metre length pair of Enthusiast RCAs, and they sound wonderful. Their material construction and component quality were very high. The RCA jacks were the first locking pair I have ever acquired. And, again, they sound great, and I've been listening to them on my computer rig for nearly two months. I've liked them so much that I ordered another pair a week ago.

I am very sorry that some folks have received items with construction problems and poor-quality assembly. I hypothesize that Rick and Co. were overwhelmed by the orders as they initially flew in, and I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the initial collaborators proved to be inconsistent and unreliable.

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #21 of 62
I've got a doozie of a story to share of my experience with Rick and most of the chat logs and e-mails to back it all up (which I shared with 3 MOTs at the time it happened). I don't have the time at the moment but I will get to it in the next day or so. Now that he is no longer a sponsor here, I won't feel bad about Head-Fi losing any money. But all of it was brought to Nate's attention originally.

I know once I post all of this Rick is going to come on here and make up lies like he's done with everyone else. I personally feel he is sociopathic and when you see the physical threats he made (after he ripped me off for design work I did for him and accused me of plagiary, and almost stole money from me for Furutech rhodium connectors which I only got refunded after telling him I would not share this story on Head-Fi) I'm sure you will agree. I wasn't going to even mention it publicly and just let it slide, but now that I've seen so many were taken advantage of I felt compelled to.

I feel horrible that so many of us got scammed by him, but all we can do is take it as a valuable lesson to read feedback on a company before we purchase/enter into an agreement with them.

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #23 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by bergman2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fyi ... read my updated comments on Vendor Feedback about Fidelity/Rick ...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f92/no...2/#post6106676

ouch.
that all sounds horrible and familiar. the greasing the false promises, the excuses and delays.

I can only speculate as to what happened to his 'premier sponsorship',
but imho, seeing that company up there used to devalue all the other A+ folks that run honest companies.

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #24 of 62
I think this and the feedback threads need to be updated to include that Fidelity Audio is now known as Warren Audio.

Oct 24, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #26 of 62
I'm going through all the e-mails, and there is a ton of stuff to post, but I will paste this blurb from Rick to me when I told him I was going to share what he did with Head-Fi:

"go ahead and share with the community and I will bury you so deep you won't know what to do with yourself. "

That's enough to know you don't want to be dealing with this character.

Oct 24, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #27 of 62
this guy is shaping up to be a "Mikhail" of the cable kingdom

Oct 24, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #28 of 62
Rick,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I want to know what is going on. You didn't respond to my other e-mails.
> > > > > > You have $170 of mine and I've done nothing wrong and want a response.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Phil

> > *From:* Fidelity Audio <support@fidelity-audio.com
*Sent:* Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:28:30 PM
> > > > > *Subject:* Re: What is going on?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thats because Im busy working. I dont have time to stop and read emails
> > > > > at the moment.

> > > > PJ Inca wrote:
> > > > > That doesn't answer my questions.

> > > > *Sent:* Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:56:26 PM
> > > > *Subject:* Re: What is going on?
> > > >
> > > > No I dont have 170$ of yours I'm still waiting on a few sales to go through.
> > > >
> > > > And IF we aren't coming to some form of understanding/agreement/civil manner on these terms, then I'll just be shipping you your connectors instead.

> > > >
> > > > No, you won't be shipping me just connectors. What good are blank connectors to me? The money was given to you so you could use the connectors on the cable. If you choose not to do business with me, I am entitled to a refund for the connectors and payment for the time spent on your logo.
> > > >
> > > > Civil manner, you say?? You have any idea the stress and aggravation you've put me through the past few days because of your ridiculous accusations? Three other cable companies on Head-Fi have seen the logo and not only do they love it, they have an understanding of how graphic software works. In addition, they have no clue what you are seeing if you think the logo looks anything like what you saw on that page and will testify to this on my behalf. Sound waves are not a proprietary design, nor is a circle, a CD, a record, a curved line, etc. Many people can easily visualize using sound waves in a logo.
> > > >
> > > > What I really think this whole thing is about is that you just don't have the money to complete the cable or pay me for the logo. You said it was completed except for the connectors over a week ago and then 2 nights ago you gave a totally different story.
> > > >
> > > > Had you asked for a different design instead of being extremely rude and slandering me, I would have gladly done whatever you asked. But you decided to act like a rude person who knows absolutely nothing about graphic design.
> > > >
> > > > If you want to play these "games" and choose not to honor your commitment by completing that cable and sending it to me (in exchange for a logo and an honest review as promised), I will, in your feedback thread and in e-mail directly to Jude and moderators share exactly the entire chat that we had where you accused me, along with copies of all the logo files and original working files, and what images you feel I "copied." There are moderators who are graphic artists and are able to tell the difference between something copied and something created from scratch.
> > > >
> > > > The above is option #1. Option #2 is to refund my $170 for the connectors along with $400 payment for the work I have put into the logo, at which time I will authorize your right to use that artwork or modify it to your liking.
> > > >
> > > > I thought you were a man of integrity but unfortunately I was incorrect.
> > > >
> > > > Yours truly,
> > > > Philip XXXXX

> > > *Sent:* Friday, September 25, 2009 9:34:59 AM
> > > *Subject:* Re: What is going on?
> > >
> > > 1. I've put over 20 hours of work into your cable, and if thats how we're going to play, then sure I'll pay you 400$ for nothbing after you pay me a 1000$ for the work I did.
> > >
> > > 2. I asked you to make another one, and you went off on your rant and self defense mode claiming that you spend all this time on it when you didn't, and I know for a fact you threw it together in 10 minutes. so dont even start with that. I asked you flat out, and detailed EXACTLY what I wanted, and in return you emailed me demanding to know the tracking number of the shipment I clearly had not shipped yet seeing as I had not been paid for it.
> > >
> > > 3. You ONLY gave me the logo once I stated that your cable would not ship until I got it, which means you had every intent on not giving it to me until after it was shipped because then there was nothing I could do about it.
> > >
> > > 4. That logo is not worth 1000$ that the cable is worth, I have integrity, you seem to be blind to the fact that I am displeased and instead of pleasing me with what I actually wanted in a logo, you went off on a rant about how the one you did is so good/other people like it, I dont care if other people like it, I dont. I detailed exactly what I wanted, stated the different resolutions I wanted, stated that the words have to READABLE at each resolution (that was so unprofessional its not even funny....), and yet you still continue with this rant/power trip demanding things from when which is not going to get you anything.
> > >
> > > You have been very unprofessional and unreasonable, and have lost an immense amount of respect from me.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > PS you're cable is finished and done. "dont have money to finish it" I have 3000$ worth of supplies on my wall, dont even try to say that. what you dont realize is I've been working for a month straight only sleeping ever 3rd night and I"m ****ing tired, and I dont take kindly to being ripped off by being pressured into accepting a logo that I do not like and found myself already considering where I was going to acquire a new one right after recieving yours. hence why I complained the next morning, because that should not happen.
> > >

> >
> > PJ Inca wrote:
> > > 1. How long you spent on my cable is irrelevant.
> > >
> > > 2. You attacked me. Plain and simple. And you really are a thick person if you keep insisting I did it in 10 minutes. The creation date is on the file. I put hours into your logo. However, the time I spent on your logo is irrelevant. I told you this from day one. A piece of art does not have a time limit on it. That is not how logo design works. You pay for the design, I do not charge by the hour. I made this clear to you from the very beginning before I started on it.
> > >
> > > 3. Once again, you are clueless and being paranoid.
> > >
> > > 4. The logo was never charged at $800 or $1000 or any random number you keep coming up with. The logo was $400. You were giving the cable to me free before the logo was ever discussed. Yes you did like it. I have the chat record of you saying you liked it. You said nothing about different resolutions until the next day when you accused me of forgery. And I never pressured you into accepting anything. I stated time and time again I will do whatever you want. YOU said you liked it. And then you accused me of forgery.
> > >
> > > 5. You've made your choice. This will be shared with the community. And I will report you to the police in your area for theft.

> > *Sent:* Friday, September 25, 2009 11:08:14 AM
> > *Subject:* Re: What is going on?
> >
> > excuse me? now you have gone too far. go ahead and share with the community and I will bury you so deep you won't know what to do with yourself. and no the cable was never free. I offered you an enthusiast one given you were doing reviews, then you said "no no I cant accept that" then we worked out a deal with the logo. Then you changed your mind and wanted the much more expensive cable, which at 4 meters is worth 1000$.
> >
> > Fact of the matter is, I am not satisfied with the logo. plain and simple. I told you what I wanted at that point, and you refused to do it, then started making accusations at me. do not underestimate me, you have NO idea who you are ****ing with.
> >
> > You can do the job you were hired to do, or you can play this game where you bury yourself, your choice.
> >

>
> PJ Inca wrote:
> > I made accusations against you? The other way around pal. You forget I have all the chat logs to prove EVERYTHING you've done and said. Are you all there upstairs? I refused to do things? I told you I would do it how you wanted, to please e-mail me what you wanted changed but you never did.
> > Ah, now you're making threats against me. That is good. More things to show the police, the mods, and PayPal.
> >

> *From:* Fidelity Audio <support@fidelity-audio.com>
> *Sent:* Friday, September 25, 2009 11:27:59 AM
> *Subject:* Re: What is going on?
>
> The police? are you kidding me? you're crazy.
>
> You never said email you anything. you asked in chat what I wanted
> So I Told you. exactly what I wanted. then you started emailing me at mass demanding to know tracking # and threatening me.
>

PJ Inca wrote:
> Oh, I didn't send you an e-mail? What's this below? And I threatened YOU? You are out of your mind. I'm done with you. Deal with the police unless you return my $170 AT ONCE.
>
> "
> Logo/Cable
> ...
> Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:34:37 PM
> From:
> PJ Inca
> ...
> View Contact
> To: support@fidelity-audio.com
>
> -----------
> Rick,
>
> Can you please provide me a tracking number for the cable?
>
> Also please tell me in e-mail exactly what you want me to do for you for the logo.
> I don't have the chat from before since the computer crashed on me.
>
> Thanks,
> Phil"

[size=x-small]From: Fidelity Audio <support@fidelity-audio.com>
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 11:36:05 AM
Subject: Re: What is going on?
[/size]

I'll return your $170, under the condition that we leave things there as though we never met. You do not publisize our indiscrepencies / post about it in forums. understand?

Oct 24, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #29 of 62
Here's the logo I created for him: (the bold type wouldn't have been my choice, but it's what he wanted)

fidelitylogofinal.jpg

And here is where he accused me of copying it from:
rolleyes.gif
I don't copy ANYTHING, nor had I ever heard of this website before.

picture1jq.png

picture2kn.png

Oct 24, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #30 of 62
This sale was an ebay transaction which occurred prior to Fidelity Audio even being a company. Was months upon months ago, and I find it quite odd that its suddenly just being brought to attention now?

IPodPJ, I did not "steal" your design, I chose not to pay you $800 for it. As per the pictures you posted, theres 12 other pages of those, and the identical logo could be made for $49. I apologize if you were insulted that I chose not to buy your logo, however that is no reason to insult me on the forums.

oinkbanana: I issued your refund, nearly 6 months ago. Before I was even in business and still in development stages, hence why the cables were being sold over ebay from consumer to consumer, not business to consumer.

99% of my customers will claim that I was a pleasure to deal with, went out of my way to satisfy them, provided exceptional quality products at more than competitive prices, and responded to any and all questions or comments via email within minutes of them being sent to me.

I've got nothing else to say on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back