fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!!
Feb 10, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #16 of 24
I would said Fidelio x2 (I have experienced x1, but not x2), had HE500 once and  hd600 currently. Sennheiser is not a brand designed for vocal from my understanding. HE500 was too warm  on vocal and lack of details (detail level are same as hd650 or slightly better). HD 600 had a beautiful theater sound field, but it cause delay of the vocal. 

My ranking:  x2>he400>r2i that is my opinion.(forget about others, 650 for deep basses and hd600 for classics)

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #18 of 24
Guys which of these headphones work well with out an amp. Say with an ipod..

I would recommend the X2.
I have never heard a pair of Grado's so I cannot comment on those.
I really would not recommend any of the others without an amplifier.
I am currently trying to decide between purchasing the X2's, HE-400i's or HE-560's.
I love them all and like the HE-560's the best, but I am a little concerned my amplifier may be short on power.

Cheers.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #19 of 24

I would recommend the X2.
I have never heard a pair of Grado's so I cannot comment on those.
I really would not recommend any of the others without an amplifier.
I am currently trying to decide between purchasing the X2's, HE-400i's or HE-560's.
I love them all and like the HE-560's the best, but I am a little concerned my amplifier may be short on power.

Cheers.

thanks. How much will a good amp cost which can work fine with HE-560.

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #20 of 24
  thanks. How much will a good amp cost which can work fine with HE-560.

That is a difficult question to answer.
Obviously you do not want to spend good money on a bad amp, but the important thing in this case is that you need a powerful amp.
Some expensive amps have really low output power levels, and some cheap amps have really high power outputs.
I have read a lot of posts that say any amp with a power output less than 1w leaves the HE-560's sounding flat and lifeless.
My only desktop amplifier has a power output of 0.7w and I am worried it will not be powerful enough.
Everything is of course subjective. I read a review once that said my 0.7w amp was good enough to drive the HE-6.
Crazy talk I am sure.
If you invest in a good desktop amplifier which has the features you need, for example computer connectivity or DSD playback, and has a high power output you will ensure it can handle whatever power hungry headphones you throw at it.

Cheers.

Aug 10, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #21 of 24
I own the x2 and then bought the hd700 I found the HD 700 was a lot more comforubble than the x2 your ears just cannot get to hot waring them but I preferred the x2 sonically. It felt like the hd700s reproduction of saw waves sounded veiled. I know that's not what people mean when they they bang on about the sennheiser veil but it's the only way I could describe it. I'm just getting in to headphones so I probably don't know what I'm talking about

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 24
  which one should i get?looking for warmth, mids , soundstage , clarity.(do not care about comfort,)

fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) 

I have now come to prefer the X2 just slightly more than my former favorite the HD600 (which still ranks high for me, and I happily switch between the 2).  I tried the Grado Rs1e, which I think is one step above the Grado you mention, and sadly did NOT like it at all.  Lacked warmth and bass (and comfort). Yuck.
I compared the HE400i carefully against the HD600, and the Sennheisers won that matchup, for me.  The older HE400 has great bass, but some annoying treble.   
I have not heard the T700, or the HE400S.  I like the HD700 quite a bit, and its comfort is tops.  But I've only tried it, and not lived with it, and I understand some don't like their treble quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back