Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Feb 1, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #11,356 of 11,460
Looks good! I'm currently looking into KT88 tubes/adapters for mine. Not sure if I wanna do 4 or just replace the power tubes but I'm liking what I'm reading about them so far :L3000:
Four is definitely something of a financial commitment at over £400 for the set.

I will say that two gold lions as power tubes behind the PSVane 6SN7s really sweetened the treble and extended effects like reverb to my ears so definitely worth it on their own.

Feb 1, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #11,357 of 11,460
Hey all

I picked up the Euforia AE a few months ago to replace a Woo Audio WA6SE that turned out not to be dead afterall. Either way...
Upgraded tubes to a matched quad of Genelex Gold Lion KT88 and printed myself a DAC enclosure/amp stand.

Originally using the Sennheiser HD800, and purchased the Focal Utopia OG this week to go with them.
Similarly enjoying a quad of Genelex Gold Lion KT88 in my Euforia as well
The synergy with the Focal Utopia OG is sublime:)
euforia.jpg

* Also, pardon my lack of dusting skills ...

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #11,359 of 11,460
Sophia Electric KT88
Sylvania VT-99 NOS
Endless happiness
1000003952.jpg

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #11,361 of 11,460
Nice to see the Sophia Electric KT88 there! I just purchased a pair of those and their 6SN7 tubes this morning, haven't seen much about them, especially the 6SN7 so I'm hoping it'll sound nice :o2smile:
Thank you. I have not used their 6sn7 variants, but I swear by their KT88 and el34 tubes. With that being said, I don't think you can go wrong with Sophias. They are very reputable company and I m sure they will sound just fine.

Feb 2, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #11,362 of 11,460
Feb 3, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #11,363 of 11,460
I am looking at a ZMF Caldera or Atrium Closed to partner with my recently purchased Euforia EVO. It will be my daily use setup and as I listen to a lot of bass-driven music its important to have a impactful bass and good treble. I have been reading this thread and it seems to be common opinion that for the Caldera, the EVO is not the best partner, however reviewers including Sajid felt it worked well. Should I consider either of these two headphones for the EVO, or are they better suited so something like a Violectric?

Feb 3, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #11,364 of 11,460
I am looking at a ZMF Caldera or Atrium Closed to partner with my recently purchased Euforia EVO. It will be my daily use setup and as I listen to a lot of bass-driven music its important to have a impactful bass and good treble. I have been reading this thread and it seems to be common opinion that for the Caldera, the EVO is not the best partner, however reviewers including Sajid felt it worked well. Should I consider either of these two headphones for the EVO, or are they better suited so something like a Violectric?
https://www.headfonia.com/zmf-atrium-closed-review/3/
🤗🥳

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #11,365 of 11,460
Just my 2 cents....

Based on your sound preference, you ll be better suited with the Atrium. It has one of the best bass/ low end out of all the zmf lineup. It will also partner better with your EVO since its an OTL amp. I own both caldera, atrium and an EVO. The caldera prefers a SS amp but the evo does a solid job of trying to play nice with it, but the caldera really shines when paired with TC amps or SS amps.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #11,366 of 11,460
Just my 2 cents....

Based on your sound preference, you ll be better suited with the Atrium. It has one of the best bass/ low end out of all the zmf lineup. It will also partner better with your EVO since its an OTL amp. I own both caldera, atrium and an EVO. The caldera prefers a SS amp but it the evo does a solid job of trying to play nice with it, but the caldera really shines when paired with TC amps or SS amps.
Thank you, your post has further cemented in my mind that I should go for the Atrium rather than the Caldera for my EVO.

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #11,367 of 11,460
Thank you, your post has further cemented in my mind that I should go for the Atrium rather than the Caldera for my EVO.
Atrium + Caldera ultra perf pads + Euforia EVO = music heaven

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #11,368 of 11,460
Over the weekend I tried line out on the Evo since it's there so why not, and made a huge difference in sound on my speakers :o2smile: was totally not expecting this since I just have some budget Edifier R1700BTs speakers but it was wider and I could hear things I could not hear before compared to running the audio out from the Topping EX5.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #11,369 of 11,460
Similarly enjoying a quad of Genelex Gold Lion KT88 in my Euforia as well
The synergy with the Focal Utopia OG is sublime:)

Do you have a link for the KT88 adapters?
Found them once on ebay, now i want to order, and don't find them anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back