Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 11, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #11,341 of 11,472
Edit - ignore, setup issue

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #11,342 of 11,472
Thinking about selling my NOS '66 Genelex KT66 power tubes if anyone is interested......PM me for more info please

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #11,344 of 11,472
Just popped in my new set of NOS Sylvania VT99 from the 40s and I dont think i have ever heard anything coming out of my EVO quite like these.....Bass is layers upon layers while the top end is extended and airy but not fatiguing at all. Paired with SE kt88 blue bottles as powers, my zmf headphones have found new lives with these new tubes. These are a very suitable complement to my warm, bass heavy Ken Rad vt231s.

Jan 26, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #11,346 of 11,472
Anyone here had problems with Euforia or Euforia AE killing tubes in one channel? I've had two sets of NOS tubes, one set Ken-Rad and one set Sylvania Bad Boys, that have dropped one of the triodes in the left channel tube. Both times I think I had Sovtek 6550s as power tubes. Both times the amp was up and running with music playing when the audio just dies in the left channel and then there is just soft static. I know the first tube that failed, I could see it arc inside of one of the triodes when I put it on my emission tester. The second failed tube has the same issue. I got both sets NOS from the same vendor and I know he will replace it since they are recently purchased, but I hate to ask him to keep replacing tubes if the amp has issues. I've never heard of an amp causing a preamp tube to develop a permanent arc condition, though. Any ideas?

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #11,347 of 11,472
Anyone here had problems with Euforia or Euforia AE killing tubes in one channel? I've had two sets of NOS tubes, one set Ken-Rad and one set Sylvania Bad Boys, that have dropped one of the triodes in the left channel tube. Both times I think I had Sovtek 6550s as power tubes. Both times the amp was up and running with music playing when the audio just dies in the left channel and then there is just soft static. I know the first tube that failed, I could see it arc inside of one of the triodes when I put it on my emission tester. The second failed tube has the same issue. I got both sets NOS from the same vendor and I know he will replace it since they are recently purchased, but I hate to ask him to keep replacing tubes if the amp has issues. I've never heard of an amp causing a preamp tube to develop a permanent arc condition, though. Any ideas?
Ask @Renexx who had something similar in this area with his Anniversery.
Also note that the 6550 is not intended for the Euforia.
Which additional tubes did you use to power them?
By the way, I'm selling my Euforia and it's online in the classifieds here, we can talk about the price if anyone is interested.

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #11,348 of 11,472
My Evo should be here early next week, looking forward to trying my first tube amp. Probably won't try rolling for awhile but I'll keep looking at all the cool tubes people have here :L3000:
Give it about 2 months for break in and it will sound otherworldly. Sensational in other words.

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #11,349 of 11,472
Ask @Renexx who had something similar in this area with his Anniversery.
Also note that the 6550 is not intended for the Euforia.
Which additional tubes did you use to power them?
By the way, I'm selling my Euforia and it's online in the classifieds here, we can talk about the price if anyone is interested.
I guess I wasn't clear on the first go-round. The failed tubes are 6SN7GT(in both cases) preamp tubes, not power tubes. I thought I was giving that bit of information by the tube brands/nicknames I gave (Bad Boys, Ken Rad, ...). I did say that the 6550s were Sovtek, but should have been more clear that they did not fail and that I am definitely using mrsXuling adapters that I purchased from her Ebay store. I was just giving the info on what power tubes in case that could possibly have some affect. So it's just one of the triodes in the 6SN7 tube on the left channel that has failed twice now with two different brands of tubes. Anyway, thanks for the referral. I sent Renexx a PM to see if he can shed any light.

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #11,353 of 11,472
Hey all

I picked up the Euforia AE a few months ago to replace a Woo Audio WA6SE that turned out not to be dead afterall. Either way...
Upgraded tubes to a matched quad of Genelex Gold Lion KT88 and printed myself a DAC enclosure/amp stand.

Originally using the Sennheiser HD800, and purchased the Focal Utopia OG this week to go with them.

Attachments

• Spending Friday night with Japanese metal and a weird purple cocktail I had in Türkiye 3(1).jpg
    Spending Friday night with Japanese metal and a weird purple cocktail I had in Türkiye 3(1).jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 0
Feb 1, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #11,354 of 11,472
Hey all

I picked up the Euforia AE a few months ago to replace a Woo Audio WA6SE that turned out not to be dead afterall. Either way...
Upgraded tubes to a matched quad of Genelex Gold Lion KT88 and printed myself a DAC enclosure/amp stand.

Originally using the Sennheiser HD800, and purchased the Focal Utopia OG this week to go with them.
I love my Euforia with the quad KT88

Feb 1, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #11,355 of 11,472
Hey all

Looks good! I'm currently looking into KT88 tubes/adapters for mine. Not sure if I wanna do 4 or just replace the power tubes but I'm liking what I'm reading about them so far :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back