Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Feb 3, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #10,891 of 11,460
i joined the Feliks Audio crew.
Im hooked
371D5F72-5D7E-412D-8F6F-AB6B5433A2A3.jpeg

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #10,892 of 11,460
i joined the Feliks Audio crew.
Im hooked371D5F72-5D7E-412D-8F6F-AB6B5433A2A3.jpeg
Euforia looks def better than with the stock tubes!
Are these Tungsol and Kenrad? Are these stronger than the stock tubes?
I am asking because your pot is quite low. I would like to purchase some tubes that are weaker than the stock ones so i could have the pot on 12'o clock to pull more dynamic range from the Euforia.

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #10,894 of 11,460
Hello,
And welcome to the Feliks Club, have fun with the beautiful AE.
Right away from the stock tubes,hehe.

@mgsu
The pot is deceptive, the AE and OG Euforia are the same in terms of the housing. The only difference is that the AE is gloss painted and the OG matt painted.
The AE is technically improved with a silver cable and different caps on the 6AS7G base and a little more power.
The OG also has silver wiring and standard Mundorf caps.

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #10,895 of 11,460
Hello,
And welcome to the Feliks Club, have fun with the beautiful AE.
Right away from the stock tubes,hehe.

@mgsu
The pot is deceptive, the AE and OG Euforia are the same in terms of the housing. The only difference is that the AE is gloss painted and the OG matt painted.
The AE is technically improved with a silver cable and different caps on the 6AS7G base and a little more power.
The OG also has silver wiring and standard Mundorf caps.
I know about the Euforia AE, i own it myself. Lovely amp. What kind of tubes are you running on your Euforia? How did they changed the sound characteristics from the stock tubes? Did you gain more or less power with those tube?

Feb 4, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #10,896 of 11,460
I know about the Euforia AE, i own it myself. Lovely amp. What kind of tubes are you running on your Euforia? How did they changed the sound characteristics from the stock tubes? Did you gain more or less power with those tube?
Hey,

I currently have the IBM 5998 in it paired with adapted 6V6 Westinghouse.
Before that, I had Linlai Elite 6SN7s in it.
Both run very well with the R26 and Zmf Auteur headphones.

I didn't get on with the standard tubes, a lot of it was too masked, it got better when I replaced them.
The sound gain was enormous and made a big difference.
Much deeper, more bite in the bass, better treble and good midrange.
I miss to turn up the potentiometer a bit more but that is often different from tube to tube the jump is not huge.

Apart from that, I have equipped my Euforia with other capacitors.
At the 6SN7 socket I put in Vcaps TFTF and at the 6AS7G socket and preamp output Vcap Odam.
The less good tubes run much better as a result, it has also eliminated certain errors that are contained in the standard Mundorf capacitors.
I often had a slight distortion in the treble range and the hi-hats were occasionally strange.
The conversion has made things a bit better, it is a bit warmer but still neutral, in any case it has become more musical and less clinical, which changes depending on the tube.
The less good tubes shine much better and come into their own.
And for the most part nothing is masking any more, details, stage, bass, midrange have become more atmospheric and moving since the conversion.
It cost a bit of money but it was worth all the fun and it has made the Euforia much better for me.
The other day I changed the fuse,previously there was a silver Hifi Tuning in it which was replaced by a Refine Audio.
It has given the Euforia a different charm.
I also put the same fuse in the R26 and Singxer Su 2 and together it is phenomenal in combination of timing,homogeneity and energy.nothing has been coloured or added it just plays right with a bit more resolution and transparency.

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #10,897 of 11,460
Hey,

I currently have the IBM 5998 in it paired with adapted 6V6 Westinghouse.
Before that, I had Linlai Elite 6SN7s in it.
Both run very well with the R26 and Zmf Auteur headphones.

I didn't get on with the standard tubes, a lot of it was too masked, it got better when I replaced them.
The sound gain was enormous and made a big difference.
Much deeper, more bite in the bass, better treble and good midrange.
I miss to turn up the potentiometer a bit more but that is often different from tube to tube the jump is not huge.

Apart from that, I have equipped my Euforia with other capacitors.
At the 6SN7 socket I put in Vcaps TFTF and at the 6AS7G socket and preamp output Vcap Odam.
The less good tubes run much better as a result, it has also eliminated certain errors that are contained in the standard Mundorf capacitors.
I often had a slight distortion in the treble range and the hi-hats were occasionally strange.
The conversion has made things a bit better, it is a bit warmer but still neutral, in any case it has become more musical and less clinical, which changes depending on the tube.
The less good tubes shine much better and come into their own.
And for the most part nothing is masking any more, details, stage, bass, midrange have become more atmospheric and moving since the conversion.
It cost a bit of money but it was worth all the fun and it has made the Euforia much better for me.
The other day I changed the fuse,previously there was a silver Hifi Tuning in it which was replaced by a Refine Audio.
It has given the Euforia a different charm.
I also put the same fuse in the R26 and Singxer Su 2 and together it is phenomenal in combination of timing,homogeneity and energy.nothing has been coloured or added it just plays right with a bit more resolution and transparency.
Great to hear about your mods. It is something i am interested in. Btw, i am running the same DAC and AMP setup.

I have the SR Purple Fuse inside the R26 and HiFi-Tuning Supreme 3 inside the Euforia AE.

Hifi Tuning fuse has substantially more base than stock fuse, but it is also harsh on upper midrange and treble wich i am not a fan of because my main HP are the Focal Utopia. Maybe the fuse needs more burn in time because it has only 150h already.

Adding the SU6 to the chain mitigates the upper midrange and treble energy and presentation with the Utopia is more pleasing to the ears.

What do you think, is it worthy to try your fuse with the Euforia?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #10,898 of 11,460
Great to hear about your mods. It is something i am interested in. Btw, i am running the same DAC and AMP setup.

I have the SR Purple Fuse inside the R26 and HiFi-Tuning Supreme 3 inside the Euforia AE.

Hifi Tuning fuse has substantially more base than stock fuse, but it is also harsh on upper midrange and treble wich i am not a fan of because my main HP are the Focal Utopia. Maybe the fuse needs more burn in time because it has only 150h already.

Adding the SU6 to the chain mitigates the upper midrange and treble energy and presentation with the Utopia is more pleasing to the ears.

What do you think, is it worthy to try your fuse with the Euforia?
Hifi tuning does not necessarily have a fixed running direction.
It has been reported in forums that one side sounds better than the other side.
Therefore, you can try turning them 180 degrees and see if you notice anything.
Which one did you use, the gold or the silver?
I had both in and the silver one is clearly better than the gold.
Hifi tuning recommends burning in for 100 hours.

I got the tip from Vcap that you should use silver fuses in tube amplifiers.
Gold is not supposed to be so good.

I have about 60-70 hours on the Refine fuse.
So it still takes a little while until the burn-in phase is completely over.
That's the small disadvantage of not being able to run the amp 24 hours a day.
In terms of sound, I think it makes a good impression on the Euforia.
I have to say that a 1.25a/T was fitted as standard in the Euforia when I got it.
And I took over the value from the Hifi tuning at that time.
I only noticed when I went to the Refine, and after I had spoken to the gentleman in Germany about it, that a 1.6a/T actually belongs in it.
He also said that 1.25a is a bit tight and that 1.6a is better.
That's probably why I feel that the refine with the right value on the Euforia has done something again.
I think the description is accurate, I noticed that the timing has really improved and runs more homogeneously. Especially on the R26, a lot has been done. Through the fact that you can stack the Refine, the properties increase a bit more.
It's different from mixing fuses or sticking to the same ones.
In hi-fi tuning it has become too thick and boring at some point.
Pianos and guitars as well as details are a bit better to my ears with the Refine.
The Refine has a fixed running direction, which means you have to phase it out. this is relatively easy to do with a multimeter.
According to the seller, the Refine has a copper wire, which probably explains the positive characteristics.
And although it has gold-plated caps on the outside, it hardly made a difference in the Euforia.
All in all, the Refine has so far not dimmed or discoloured or added anything artificially.
Mainly really timing, energy and homogeneity.
Timing is really interesting when the song or singer stops and then the energy behind it from the bass or power of the singer.
Here is the link :
https://www.subbase-audio.de/portfolio_page/refine-sicherungen/

Feb 4, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #10,899 of 11,460
It has been reported in forums that one side sounds better than the other side.
Therefore, you can try turning them 180 degrees and see if you notice anything.
Which one did you use, the gold or the silver?
I had both in and the silver one is clearly better than the gold.
Hifi tuning recommends burning in for 100 hours.

I got the tip from Vcap that you should use silver fuses in tube amplifiers.
Gold is not supposed to be so good.

I have about 60-70 hours on the Refine fuse.
So it still takes a little while until the burn-in phase is completely over.
That's the small disadvantage of not being able to run the amp 24 hours a day.
In terms of sound, I think it makes a good impression on the Euforia.
I have to say that a 1.25a/T was fitted as standard in the Euforia when I got it.
And I took over the value from the Hifi tuning at that time.
I only noticed when I went to the Refine, and after I had spoken to the gentleman in Germany about it, that a 1.6a/T actually belongs in it.
He also said that 1.25a is a bit tight and that 1.6a is better.
That's probably why I feel that the refine with the right value on the Euforia has done something again.
I think the description is accurate, I noticed that the timing has really improved and runs more homogeneously. Especially on the R26, a lot has been done. Through the fact that you can stack the Refine, the properties increase a bit more.
It's different from mixing fuses or sticking to the same ones.
In hi-fi tuning it has become too thick and boring at some point.
Pianos and guitars as well as details are a bit better to my ears with the Refine.
The Refine has a fixed running direction, which means you have to phase it out. this is relatively easy to do with a multimeter.
According to the seller, the Refine has a copper wire, which probably explains the positive characteristics.
And although it has gold-plated caps on the outside, it hardly made a difference in the Euforia.
All in all, the Refine has so far not dimmed or discoloured or added anything artificially.
Mainly really timing, energy and homogeneity.
Timing is really interesting when the song or singer stops and then the energy behind it from the bass or power of the singer.
Here is the link :
https://www.subbase-audio.de/portfolio_page/refine-sicherungen/
I have the Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 1,6A with silver caps. The fuse has apparently a direction.
1675551459075.jpeg

As i said, it is a great for dynamics, base, but upper mids and treble became also quite accentuated which can be a good or a bad thing.
Tbh, i was quite sceptic about fuses but after the firs AB testing the differences between Hifi-Tuning and stock fuse where quite obvious.
As for now i like to burn the fuse several more hours and then decide which direction i go. I have a bad feeling that treble energy wouldn't go away.

Have you tried SR purple so far?

What do you mean with fuse stacking? Is there enough room in the fuse holder for two fuses? Do you put then two fuses with the same Ampere values inside?

I have ordered some tubes: VT231 Ken-Rad black glas and 7236 Tung Sol. I am quite curious what they bring to the table in regards of SQ.

Thank you for the fuse link, much appreciated!

I will reach to you about the mods after my tubes arrives.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #10,900 of 11,460
I the Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 1,6A with silver caps. The fuse has apparently a direction.
1675551459075.jpeg
As i said, it is a great for dynamics, base, but upper mids and treble became also quite accentuated which can be a good or a bad thing.
Tbh, i was quite sceptic about fuses but after the firs AB testing the differences between Hifi-Tuning and stock fuse where quite obvious.
As for now i like to burn the fuse several more hours and then decide which direction i go. I have a bad feeling that treble energy wouldn't go away.

I have ordered some tubes: VT231 Ken-Rad black glas and 7236 Tung Sol. I am quite curious what they bring to the table in regards of SQ.

I have the Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 1,6A with silver caps. The fuse has apparently a direction.
Then you have hit the bull's eye.
Yes, according to the manufacturer, the Hifi has one direction that is not marked.He only says that what sounds best to you is the right one.

I agree with the latter.
Because of too much height energy, there are a few possibilities.
If you are using Roon, you could lower the overall volume a bit to get into the sweet spot window.
Lower the volume by 10 dB and increase it as needed, then adjust the rest with the potentiometer on the Euforia.

I can't remember if you have the Evo, OG or AE.
With the Evo I can't say anything for sure, it could be that the new capacitors are a bit more aggressive in the upper range and that this will eventually subside.
The AE also uses different Clarity Caps on the 6AS7G socket.
The OG uses the normal standard Mundorf caps.
As already described, they had too much of a good thing and sometimes distorted in the upper range, which was really remedied with the Vcaps Odam.
I think that the silver wiring is a bit too much when you add the silver Hifi tuning fuse.
If you want to tone it down, I would take them out.
If the tube replacement with your new tubes should experience similar.

I would like to test it.
But 200€ is a bit much money for a fuse.
But that's also a matter of opinion.
If it is audibly worthwhile and I like it, I would think about it.
I was a bit fed up with hi-fi tuning and really wanted something that doesn't add anything, but first and foremost the fuse is better than the standard one.
In the end it has to fit and be coherent.
Of course, you might not like the Refine, just like I don't like the SR Purpel.

I hope for your sake it will tame the Utopia a bit.
I remembered that the Utopia is also a bit aggressive on top if I remember correctly.
I also have the 7236 Tungsol and found it not fitting with the old Dac and Zmf Auteur and too neutral.
I would have to try it again with the R26.
The Ken rads together with the Tungsols I can imagine will be warm/neutral with a good bass range.
I am curious how you will find it.

No problem, I look forward to hearing from you.✌️👍✌️👍
Remember to also burn in the new tubes at the beginning, they are usually slightly different in the Euforia for the first 20 hours.
From 50 hours it gets better, and finally at a good 100 hours.
If you leave them in longer, I have always found that they shape better and better.

Spontaneously it occurs to me that you could try the filter on the R26 because of the height energy.
Fast is quite detailed with a little more treble presence than with mid or slow, I found.

Feb 5, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #10,901 of 11,460
Yes, according to the manufacturer, the Hifi has one direction that is not marked.He only says that what sounds best to you is the right one.

I agree with the latter.
If you are using Roon, you could lower the overall volume a bit to get into the sweet spot window.
Lower the volume by 10 dB and increase it as needed, then adjust the rest with the potentiometer on the Euforia.

With the Evo I can't say anything for sure, it could be that the new capacitors are a bit more aggressive in the upper range and that this will eventually subside.
As already described, they had too much of a good thing and sometimes distorted in the upper range, which was really remedied with the Vcaps Odam.
I think that the silver wiring is a bit too much when you add the silver Hifi tuning fuse.

I would like to test it.
I was a bit fed up with hi-fi tuning and really wanted something that doesn't add anything, but first and foremost the fuse is better than the standard one.

I remembered that the Utopia is also a bit aggressive on top if I remember correctly.
I also have the 7236 Tungsol and found it not fitting with the old Dac and Zmf Auteur and too neutral.
The Ken rads together with the Tungsols I can imagine will be warm/neutral with a good bass range.

Remember to also burn in the new tubes at the beginning, they are usually slightly different in the Euforia for the first 20 hours.
If you leave them in longer, I have always found that they shape better and better.

Spontaneously it occurs to me that you could try the filter on the R26 because of the height energy.
Fast is quite detailed with a little more treble presence than with mid or slow, I found.
Changed the fuse orientation because of your recommendation and the harshness is gone. Thanks a lot!
I wouldn't call the Euforia AE perfect atm, but i hope with the arriving tubes that i get more warmth and midrange weight and some holographic cues, because the Euforia being a tube amp sounds quite linear and not far apart from my RME ADI.

Feb 5, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #10,902 of 11,460

I agree with the latter.

I would like to test it.

I watched a recent video today where Rob Watts propagates for optical inputs, so i thought i give it a try since i have SU-6 in my chain. Oh boy, it is so good, better than R26 streamer and i2s. It is so smooth, meaning that all the edges are rounded and details still intact. Vocals and instruments got also an upgrade. Maybe it is not for everyone, but it fits the Utopia perfect.

Rob Watts said also that oversampling on a R2R has no benefits because the mosfets cant keep up with the oversampling and therefore can cause distortion. So keeping the sample rate native helps with SQ.

Feb 6, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #10,903 of 11,460
Changed the fuse orientation because of your recommendation and the harshness is gone. Thanks a lot!
I'm glad it helped.
Enjoy it.

I wouldn't call the Euforia AE perfect atm, but i hope with the arriving tubes that i get more warmth and midrange weight and some holographic cues, because the Euforia being a tube amp sounds quite linear and not far apart from my RME ADI.
I don't know exactly.
Subaudio had their headphone amplifier as an Euforia comparison at the time.
The Euforia already had the edge there in series production.
It was more gentle, more expansive, simply rounder and more tonally correct.
One of the things that bothered me about the subaudio amplifier was the exaggerated treble range.

That was the only tube amp comparison I had.
I am currently interested in the Cayin Ha3A and the Icon Audio Hp8.

Comparing the Euforia to the Rme Adi is a bit risky, the Euforia has a lot more decay and imaging than the Rme Adi in my opinion.
At least that's what I remember from when I had it.

The Euforia reacts extremely well to tubes, which is one of its greatest strengths.

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #10,904 of 11,460
Couldn't resist grabbing a demo euforia. Might sell the elise depending on the sound differences

Attachments

• 6DFA16B3-A777-4714-8968-48FE273E9DB6.jpeg
    6DFA16B3-A777-4714-8968-48FE273E9DB6.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back