Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Oct 31, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #10,711 of 11,519
Thank you @ThanatosVI ,
the KT 88 Sophia sounds interesting.
Did you put it in the front or the back?
I don't have an Euforia. The pictures are from a show im warsaw.

I use Sophia Electric KT88 in my Octave V16 (which is a KT88-KT150 amp natively)

Oct 31, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #10,712 of 11,519
I wasn't there personally, the picture was shared on Feliks Audios social Media.

The internals are basically from the Euforia 20th AE with small exceptions like the capacitors. I don't know any more than that.

And the Sophia Electric KT88 are great. Spacious sounding, lush midrange and great detail + extension. Certainly among the best KT88s currently available
It will be nice to see the full specs, it is quite a bit cheaper than AE so I wonder what other compromises were made?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #10,715 of 11,519
All,

Super excited I have an AE ordered today. I was looking at Cayin HA6A and also the 300Mk2 (thought it was much more than what I had planned) but decided to give AE a try given they are now discounted and they seem to go great with my headphones HD800s and ZMF VC from mscaler > tt2 stack. Hope I made the right call...!!

Nov 4, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #10,716 of 11,519
All,

Super excited I have an AE ordered today. I was looking at Cayin HA6A and also the 300Mk2 (thought it was much more than what I had planned) but decided to give AE a try given they are now discounted and they seem to go great with my headphones HD800s and ZMF VC from mscaler > tt2 stack. Hope I made the right call...!!
From what I read the AE has great synergy with your headphone collection. As long as you don't add a Susvara or similar, I can't see you regret your choice

Nov 4, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #10,717 of 11,519
All,

Any good RCA interconnect cable recommendation to connect from TT2 DAC to Euforia AE amp? I have used moon audio interconnects before and liked them but their silver dragon RCA interconnects are like $500 as I see on their site now and wondering if there is anything better in that price range or less?

Thanks

Nov 5, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #10,718 of 11,519
Any good RCA interconnect cable recommendation to connect from TT2 DAC to Euforia AE amp? I have used moon audio interconnects before and liked them but their silver dragon RCA interconnects are like $500 as I see on their site now and wondering if there is anything better in that price range or less?

Thanks
I don’t have a specific recommendation for you but wanted wanted to point out that cables on the used market are readily available and are usually priced about 50% of retail. If I try a used cable and don’t like it I can always sell it for what I paid and try something else.

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #10,719 of 11,519
Any good RCA interconnect cable recommendation to connect from TT2 DAC to Euforia AE amp?
Find someone to build you a pair of Neotech NEI-2001 interconnects and you will never look for another cables. As far as I know something similar is used inside AE for wiring.

Nov 6, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #10,720 of 11,519
New Euforia AE amp owner (purchased used on this site)....sounds wonderful. Will eventually get to trying different tubes.

IMG_6603.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #10,721 of 11,519
I don’t have a specific recommendation for you but wanted wanted to point out that cables on the used market are readily available and are usually priced about 50% of retail. If I try a used cable and don’t like it I can always sell it for what I paid and try something else.

Thanks

Audio Envy makes really good interconnects at a very reasonable price.

https://audioenvy.com/

IMG_6610.jpg

Nov 8, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #10,722 of 11,519
Nov 8, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #10,723 of 11,519

Thanks
Check in-akustik, I like the Air series.

https://www.in-akustik.de/en/cables-and-accessories/

Nov 8, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #10,724 of 11,519

Thanks
I am using Lavri Grand and Master for almost all my audio signal cabling (interconnects, speaker, and headphone cables minus Final D8000pro), very happy with the build quality, sound, and service.

Nov 11, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #10,725 of 11,519
Got AE delivered and it has bought my HD800s alive! Yet to have any long burn in but seeing marked improvement overall - sub bass, instrument separation (much improved soundstage) and more importantly gone are the harshness that I used to experience with 800s. Yet to use ZMF VC on it but been enjoying 800s!

Have been using TT2 amp section and been quite happy but this is on another level to me. I also switched between TT2 and AE to see if its just a placebo since my brain knows its a new amp and I should like it lol, but each time I could clearly hear the difference...excited to know what's waiting once I get to burn then like 100 hours or so!.

One thing I noticed is when powering on and off there is a very faint, I mean very faint (you have to really pay attention and have your ears close to the AE amp) what I can describe like mechanical noise and it looks to me like it's the tubes getting on /off. Is that something to expect? Just want to make sure this is not any potential issue down the lane...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back