Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Aug 10, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #9,526 of 11,508
Two things this morning. I would like the group to no longer talk about the journey being everything and when you reach the end, it's over. Sounds too much like life! And I am on the latter part, and NOT looking forward to the end! Just kidding of course, the other thing, I heard back this morning from Lukasz, and he said since the 2A3 amp was discontinued, there was not much sense in releasing the photos. So I will just enjoy them myself. He said he would send me some photos of the new 300B when the release photos are ready and I can share those. Looking forward to seeing them and finding a way to audition one.
I'm looking forward to those pictures

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #9,527 of 11,508
Two things this morning. I would like the group to no longer talk about the journey being everything and when you reach the end, it's over. Sounds too much like life! And I am on the latter part, and NOT looking forward to the end! Just kidding of course, the other thing, I heard back this morning from Lukasz, and he said since the 2A3 amp was discontinued, there was not much sense in releasing the photos. So I will just enjoy them myself. He said he would send me some photos of the new 300B when the release photos are ready and I can share those. Looking forward to seeing them and finding a way to audition one.

Well Don, it's ironic but I've always view my audio journey as my life's journey because these last 6 years, it's become so much a part of me. However no worries, we'll enjoy head-fi, hifi. There's a lot more to go.

I've always wonder why Feliks Audio didn't turn the Aristo 2a3 into a headphone amp too and market it because there is certainly a market for another well made 2a3 amp. I'm also surprised that they stop showing the other higher end stereo tube amps in their website because I though they look gorgeous. What would be interesting is an amp that can use 2a3 / 45 / 300b.

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #9,528 of 11,508

Well Don, it's ironic but I've always view my audio journey as my life's journey because these last 6 years, it's become so much a part of me. However no worries, we'll enjoy head-fi, hifi. There's a lot more to go.

I've always wonder why Feliks Audio didn't turn the Aristo 2a3 into a headphone amp too and market it because there is certainly a market for another well made 2a3 amp. I'm also surprised that they stop showing the other higher end stereo tube amps in their website because I though they look gorgeous. What would be interesting is an amp that can use 2a3 / 45 / 300b.

Ah guys...I myself never dreamt that such a journey can go way beyond the realms of a mere hobby or pastime. Nor that it can encompass so many disciplines...especially if one dabbles in a bit of DIY lol! :wink: And unlike many other pursuits, I'm sure is one that stays the test of time...thankfully!

And like you cf, I'm so sad that Michal Feliks's initial design for a 2A3 based amp didn't come to fruition...it would have been the smartest looking amp I ever saw IMHO :L3000:...bar none!! I just hope the projected 300b amp can at least come somewhere near matching it :fingers_crossed:. And yes UT...I always loved the design of their Arioso 2A3 speaker amp, and wondered why it wasn't converted for headphone use (as well!)....real shame IMO...:disappointed:

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #9,529 of 11,508
Ah guys...I myself never dreamt that such a journey can go way beyond the realms of a mere hobby or pastime. Nor that it can encompass so many disciplines...especially if one dabbles in a bit of DIY lol! :wink: And unlike many other pursuits, I'm sure is one that stays the test of time...thankfully!

I think it's more interesting than our previous past time of orchids and koi but certainly more money draining. :ksc75smile: Head-Fi killed my $3000 collection of orchids because I don't have time to look after them. I sure hope your koi survive lol.

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #9,530 of 11,508

I've always wonder why Feliks Audio didn't turn the Arioso 2a3 into a headphone amp too and market it because there is certainly a market for another well made 2a3 amp. I'm also surprised that they stop showing the other higher end stereo tube amps in their website because I though they look gorgeous. What would be interesting is an amp that can use 2a3 / 45 / 300b.
Well UT...I'm afraid the cynic in me suspects that just perhaps it's due to their original pricing being - by today's standards, unbelievably cheap lol!...???...:wink:

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #9,531 of 11,508
I think it's more interesting than our previous past time of orchids and koi but certainly more money draining. :ksc75smile: Head-Fi killed my $3000 collection of orchids because I don't have time to look after them. I sure hope your koi survive lol.
Yo UT...but in my case, the pressures of garden and Koi (not to mention 'She who must be Obeyed') also contributed to my inability to keep up with the tube journey. But at least the Koi (and pond!) have never looked so healthy lol...certainly better than me!!!...:rolling_eyes::relaxed:...

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #9,532 of 11,508
Yo UT...but in my case, the pressures of garden and Koi (not to mention 'She who must be Obeyed') also contributed to my inability to keep up with the tube journey. But at least the Koi (and pond!) have never looked so healthy lol...certainly better than me!!!...:rolling_eyes::relaxed:...

Ok that's funny and got me laughing at 5am in the morning.

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #9,533 of 11,508
Hi folks, it was the fate!!
I was just posting here ask about comparison between Euforia vs Elise and really struggling between these two. Then I somehow opened the classifieds and found out a gentleman just listed a Euforia with a very good price a few minutes back, and he happen to be in the same area with me so that we can trade in person and don't need to worry about shipping this heavy machine. I immediately pm him and by just a few minutes earlier then the second comment in that thread I got it! :)
So here am I, so exciting to join the family! That said, can anyone point me to some 101 info about Euforia? Any tips or general Tube rolling options will be greatly appreciated :)
BTW, my DAC use with it is Hugo TT2 and the headphone would be Verite Closed or Focal Clear.

Thanks in advance!

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #9,535 of 11,508
There is a lovely 600+ page thread. Peruse the Euforia and Elise threads. Gives you something to do while awaiting your amp. And you learn the history of all the interactions and wisdom of the great people in this thread, who precede the likes of us!
Good point and don’t forget to use the search feature at the top of each thread, it can narrow your focus once you find what your are interested in reading up on.

This should get you started…

Thread 'Feliks Audio tube amps'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/feliks-audio-tube-amps.854783/

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #9,536 of 11,508
When you read the thread, start from the most recent posts and work backwards - that way you will se which tubes people ended up using after trying a lot of different ones.
Which tubes does the amp come with?

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #9,537 of 11,508
When you read the thread, start from the most recent posts and work backwards - that way you will se which tubes people ended up using after trying a lot of different ones.
Which tubes does the amp come with?
Thank you for the guidance, I think they are just the stock tubes, I don't even remember the names. I heard people said the stock tube are intend to be neutral, I'm thinking maybe I can try some tubes which can make it "Tubeier"... TBH, this is my first tube amp, so I don't even know what "Tubey" sound suppose to be, and if I will like it... complete Tube newbie here :)
Anyway I think there still a lot I need to learn, when I read the thread and people talking about different tubes, I don't even know what are they and where to buy them :)

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #9,538 of 11,508
Don’t worry-it never ends!

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #9,539 of 11,508
Thank you for the guidance, I think they are just the stock tubes, I don't even remember the names. I heard people said the stock tube are intend to be neutral, I'm thinking maybe I can try some tubes which can make it "Tubeier"... TBH, this is my first tube amp, so I don't even know what "Tubey" sound suppose to be, and if I will like it... complete Tube newbie here :)
Anyway I think there still a lot I need to learn, when I read the thread and people talking about different tubes, I don't even know what are they and where to buy them :)
You are asking a lot of very good questions!
The first step is to get the amp, plug it in, and listen and see how you like it.
After you get used to it you can begin the next steps.
When it comes to tubes there is no relationship between sound and price although some people would like you to believe that.

Aug 12, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #9,540 of 11,508
You are asking a lot of very good questions!
The first step is to get the amp, plug it in, and listen and see how you like it.
After you get used to it you can begin the next steps.
When it comes to tubes there is no relationship between sound and price although some people would like you to believe that.
Thank you, I already got the amp, and I like how it sound better than a pure solid state (my Hugo TT2's amp), currently I'm using a Focal Clear on that, I'm still waiting for my VC, I feel that is where the Euforia will really shine, will waiting for that to have my final judgement :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back