Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 17, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #9,181 of 11,472
Listening to amp this morning and detected a very slight hum, pulled the KT66's and replaced with 7581's in preamp section. So glad I did, have been wanting to try these again. Used to use quite a bit, take a long time to burn in, 80 to 100 hours should do it. These have a few hundred hours on them, and they are spectacular. Clarity, especially in vocal range, guitars are beautiful, wondered why I had a few pair of these, now I remember. Take an adapter easily available on Ebay.
@connieflyer I recall when @Hypnos, you, i and others were all evaluating and praising the TS 7581A and Gold lLon KT66, 77, and 88 new production tubes on the thread. Must be something in the air because just this evening I went back to my GL KT88 powers and am enjoying them quite a bit.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #9,182 of 11,472
I am glad to see people still appreciate these.

I am also on KT88 and I pair them with what I consider to be warmer 6SN7 drivers. The result is very good.

nightmode.jpg

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #9,183 of 11,472
The headphone system I use this conditioner ELITE-15 DM I it has 13 outlets
9 (linearly filtered outlets – rear panel – (6) switching – 12V triggered)
4 (linearly filtered outlets with additional ultrasonic filtering for digital or video components – (2) switching – 12V triggered)
and for the main system I use this conditioner it has 7 outlets
1 (linearly filtered outlet – front)
4 (linearly filtered outlet – rear panel)
2 (linearly filtered outlets with additional ultrasonic filtering for digital or video components)
I find this takes care of all my power needs, and it defineatly made a difference in the television picture.
With both I can monitor voltage with the front panel meters and on the headphone system I can also see the current load. The additional ultrasonic filtering for the digital outlets does help. It is not a case of just common practice that the outlets are named. The digital outlets have more filtering. And I also wanted the 12v triggering system. THese have met my needs with very good regulation and protection.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #9,185 of 11,472
So I got an Audio Technica ATH R70X and am currently hearing Alison Krauss out of my Euforia with CSF 6080WA and Sylvania VT-231. Its a jaw dropping sound out of this combo. Should I say much better than the HD650 in a lot of parameters. These have scaled insanely with the Euforia and is an absolute sleeper of a headphone that surprisingly isn't that well known within the Euforia circles but is absolutely smashing out of the Euforia. Kind of expected it to be good with those 470 ohm drivers but never imagined it to be so good.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #9,186 of 11,472
Question for the tube rolling vets, @connieflyer, @hypnos1 , @mordy, @OctavianH and the gang:
I've run various 6V6, 6L6, KT66 & KT88 tubes in Elise with 6L6 to 6AS7G adapters, mostly in the power slot but some 6V6 and 6L6 as drivers too. Are EL34 or EL37 tubes also compatible with Euforia / Elise using these adapters? Related question: does the Euforia / Elise auto-bias circuit apply to power slots only or drivers as well?

I have the EL34's on the way and considering EL37's but want to benefit from the experience of others before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for any info.! :smile_phones:

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #9,187 of 11,472
I have not tried EL34 nor EL37 but see what we were discussing here some time ago. You can try to check if pins 1 are connected to pins 8 on your adapter on the top side. On mine's made by @Deyan they are not, so maybe double check with him about using EL34 with this adapter:

It seems the adapters made in China have these pins connected but I have no idea because I do not have those at home. Maybe others can check if they have.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #9,189 of 11,472
Have not tried the EL 37's. EL 38"s EL38 special, El39's, El39 Spez and liked these as well. Bought four to the Mullard El 38's and they worked very well indeed.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #9,190 of 11,472
I had a pair of the TS5998's but sold them off a couple of years ago, that was a mistake. I also have a pair of Gold Aero 5998A that I run with a pair of Gold Aero 6sn7's that sounds really good.

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #9,191 of 11,472
I had a pair of the TS5998's but sold them off a couple of years ago, that was a mistake. I also have a pair of Gold Aero 5998A that I run with a pair of Gold Aero 6sn7's that sounds really good.
5998A and 5998 are two different tubes. The 5998 is the one with the low output impedance, it sounds phenomenal on the Crack and opens up a lot of details. The 5998A is a good tube, I have an equivalent, but it's no 5998. The tubes people rave about have six domino style indentions in the plate, if it doesn't have those it's not the same tube- Reddit

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #9,192 of 11,472
Yes Yoram, I am well aware of the differences, and the ones I had were of the six domino style. I did not say they were the same, if you read the post, you can see I was offering a suggestion, most people will not pay the price for the TS 5998, if they can even find good ones left. I would never pay the asking price for these now, the difference they make in the Euforia, is not great enough to be worthwhile. That is why I sold them in the first place. Recoup my investment, of course now it would have been triple that. Our equipment can not make the power and resolution of the TS5998 worth the price, of course if you have unlimited funds then that's fine. But then if you do have unlimited funds, why would you have the Euforia in the first place. Simple math

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #9,193 of 11,472
Yes Yoram, I am well aware of the differences, and the ones I had were of the six domino style. I did not say they were the same, if you read the post, you can see I was offering a suggestion, most people will not pay the price for the TS 5998, if they can even find good ones left. I would never pay the asking price for these now, the difference they make in the Euforia, is not great enough to be worthwhile. That is why I sold them in the first place. Recoup my investment, of course now it would have been triple that. Our equipment can not make the power and resolution of the TS5998 worth the price, of course if you have unlimited funds then that's fine. But then if you do have unlimited funds, why would you have the Euforia in the first place. Simple math
Hi I read it but I researched the differences. My income is from the state for the disabled, my Euforia was second hand

Apr 27, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #9,194 of 11,472
I have not tried EL34 nor EL37 but see what we were discussing here some time ago. You can try to check if pins 1 are connected to pins 8 on your adapter. On mine's made by @Deyan they are not, so maybe double check with him about using EL34 with this adapter:

Deyan.jpg

It seems the adapters made in China have these pins connected but I have no idea because I do not have those at home. Maybe others can check if they have.
It's connected on the top. The bottom is imitating 6AS7 the top is the EL34 half.

Apr 27, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #9,195 of 11,472
I have not tried EL34 nor EL37 but see what we were discussing here some time ago. You can try to check if pins 1 are connected to pins 8 on your adapter. On mine's made by @Deyan they are not, so maybe double check with him about using EL34 with this adapter:

Deyan.jpg

Can you explain how to check the adapter if pins 1&8 are connected? Which settings and values on the multimeter?
The pins are easy to identify - they are on each side of the ridge on the guidepin.
If they are not connected you can put in a little jumper wire connecting those pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back