Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 16, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #9,166 of 11,472
I had a Denafrips and returned it after a few weeks. and I still have a psaudio . I liked the PS Audio almost as well as the Gungnir. I have purchased from Upscale and found them to be very reliable and helpful. If they will let you demo the Auralic go for it and compare it to what you have and see if spending that much would get you a huge increase in performance. You may stop looking at that point!

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #9,167 of 11,472
I had a Denafrips and returned it after a few weeks. and I still have a psaudio . I liked the PS Audio almost as well as the Gungnir. I have purchased from Upscale and found them to be very reliable and helpful. If they will let you demo the Auralic go for it and compare it to what you have and see if spending that much would get you a huge increase in performance. You may stop looking at that point!
Well .. you are certainly making a case for sticking with the Gungnir. I've also bought a few items from Upscale (2 amps and headphones) and .. like you say .. they have excellent customer service. I've also visited their store a couple of times to demo stuff and like their non-pressure approach to hi-fi retail. I'll think about the Auralic, but it has many features I just don't need that adds to its price (e.g. amplifier, pre-amp, etc.). Note: One thing I do have on order from Decware Audio is an XLR to RCA converter box. Upscale recommended it to maximize the performance of the Gungnir with the Euforia 20th Anniversary amp since it is a single-ended amp. I'm on a 5 month wait list for it, but will report back when I get it and give it a listen.

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #9,168 of 11,472
Let me know how the converter box works out. I looked at these in the past. But had no recommendations and at that price was not willing to try.

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #9,169 of 11,472
Let me know how the converter box works out. I looked at these in the past. But had no recommendations and at that price was not willing to try.
Will do. The Upscale rep I was interacting with regarding the purchase of my Euforia highly recommended it when I told him I was using the Gungnir. There are other converter boxes out there, but I decided I would go with Decware because of their stellar reputation. I would have purchased the JBL model (part of their pro audio line), but it is unfortunately no longer available.

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #9,170 of 11,472
While I have you on the hook :) ... what is your experience with the Furman power conditioner?

Apr 16, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #9,171 of 11,472
I have had really good luck with the Furman conditioners. It did improve the performance as far as being a little quieter and a little bit clearer. We're not talking giant leaps but I did hear it. I also bought one for my main music system I don't know if I hear a difference with that one or not, but I am very happy with their performance I'm cutting the power. We had a temporary blackout happened three times in a row within an hour the power was shot on all devices and then came back on slowly as the safety margin was met. So I am very happy to say that they do work in that respect.

Apr 16, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #9,172 of 11,472
I have had really good luck with the Furman conditioners. It did improve the performance as far as being a little quieter and a little bit clearer. We're not talking giant leaps but I did hear it. I also bought one for my main music system I don't know if I hear a difference with that one or not, but I am very happy with their performance I'm cutting the power. We had a temporary blackout happened three times in a row within an hour the power was shot on all devices and then came back on slowly as the safety margin was met. So I am very happy to say that they do work in that respect.
Very interesting. I can't remember the price on the Furman, but am also looking at the Decware conditioner which is $995 with 6 outlets. Also not sure if it is one of their "in stock" items or is also on a 5-6 month wait list. But ... I've heard very good things about Furman so that was high on my list. Thank for taking the time to write about your experience.

Apr 16, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #9,174 of 11,472
I am having excellent results with iFi power station.
Ah ... thank you for that information. I'll check it out as well.

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #9,175 of 11,472
Apr 16, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #9,176 of 11,472
Are you also using any iFi AC iPurifiers?
No , I used to work with a couple of them before I bought the power station.
I have reviewed the power station for hxosplus magazine and I liked it that I ended buying it.
Mind you that I have used various power conditioners from simple distributors to isolation transformers.
At the end I loved the power station.
Now I am experimenting with two power stations , one for digital and one for analogue.

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #9,177 of 11,472
No , I used to work with a couple of them before I bought the power station.
I have reviewed the power station for hxosplus magazine and I liked it that I ended buying it.
Mind you that I have used various power conditioners from simple distributors to isolation transformers.
At the end I loved the power station.
Now I am experimenting with two power stations , one for digital and one for analogue.
I noticed that (in the photo at least) that the outlets are divided between digital and analogue. If that is the case why are experimenting with two of them?

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #9,178 of 11,472
I noticed that (in the photo at least) that the outlets are divided between digital and analogue. If that is the case why are experimenting with two of them?
They are not split , it is a kind of practice to use the one end for digital and the other for analogue and not mix them.
Then if you have a spare plug then you can add a separate AC purifier.
Since I have a lot of devices I need a second power block so I might add a second power station to have everything separated.

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #9,179 of 11,472
They are not split , it is a kind of practice to use the one end for digital and the other for analogue and not mix them.
Then if you have a spare plug then you can add a separate AC purifier.
Since I have a lot of devices I need a second power block so I might add a second power station to have everything separated.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #9,180 of 11,472
While I have you on the hook :) ... what is your experience with the Furman power conditioner?
Just to chime in I have a Furman conditioner that has been terrific. Certainly people debate impact but for my system it produced a blacker background and clarity to signature IMHO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back