Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Nov 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #7,171 of 11,460
You got the quad of KT66 in matched, 24 hour burn in, and they are sounding excellent. Can tell they won't need anywhere near the 7581 tubes. First song was Hi Rez 2Cellos and the deep sonorous sound of the the cello's was rich and full. Vocals are good as well, about where the 7185's were at 100 hours. Bass is a little richer, and overall tone is warmer and more body than the 7581's. Holst's Jupiter is vibrant and stage is wide and rich. Moving on to RImsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade op35, bassoon just the right depth to it, flute and harp played together like they had been married forever. Violins came in and music swelled to a cresendo felt like a live presentation! Instrument separation and location is the best I have heard on this amp. Even the tiny part that the triangle has was clear and immediate. It was not played in the foreground, but was clearly there where it should have been. Dianna Krall I'll see you in my dreams, piano, guitar and violin, not to mention her voice was as close to a live presentation as I have heard with the Euforia. Anyone looking for a quad of 7581a's with 200 hour+ burnin will sell for what I paid for them plus shipping

Well CJ, I am convinced these KT66's hit all the bases (not withstanding your results with the KT88) these 66's are going to be my main tubes, so will sell my TS 7581a's as with this quad, not even burned in all the way I know I won't be going back to other tubes now. Not to say if the KT88's sound even better to you that I would not buy a pair of them! The TS 7581a's sound really great, I am impressed with them but I like the sound of these better. Each to his own. When are your KT88's coming in? When you get the chance run them in as powers and the KT66 as drivers once for me, would be interested in the difference. Hope all is well

Forgot to add photos, getting old....

Well cf, what can I say? I don't think I've ever seen you - or anyone else (including me!) be so enthusiastic about a (new) tube so early in proceedings lol!! :wink:...Good on you!! :ksc75smile:...And they get a good bit better yet, mon ami...well into the 100+ hour mark :smile_phones:.

But I must admit that with hindsight, I now realise I was being over cautious with my preliminary findings...probably because I simply couldn't believe how good they sounded straight from the off. And now that they're giving me what I thought may be needed from the 7581A, I'm suspecting also that my extremely good TS 7581A will have to make way for the third KT66 that arrived today!! How can the KT88 be even better lol?...(but many say it is!...in other amps, mind you...).

And my 88s should hopefully be arriving in the next few days...but from the look of your 2x 66 drivers, there may well not be enough room for the much fatter 88s to fit there!!! :astonished: Never mind, the logical place for them is as powers anyway, so not too worried! I suspect you're now as eager as I am (and @Johnnysound ) to see just how the 66 and 88 compare...hurry up postie!!!

Anyway D, your photo of the KT66 quad looks ravishing...WELL DONE!...(and aren't those Gold Lions absolutely gorgeous?). Mind you, I reckon with 88s in place, we wouldn't see Euforia at all! ...but we shall see...CJ

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #7,172 of 11,460
With the KT88's amp will just about disappear, oh well it is about the sound anyways. I just checked behind the KT66, still have about a 1/2 inch or so, no problem for the KT 88 (hopefully) wonder how much heat they will put out. I have to admit, my excitement for these so early on is quite nice. The TS 7581a's were really good after 200 hours burn in and was quite happy this afternoon with them.A very musical presentation, but after these KT66 arrived, and they sound this good with only 24-28 hours on them, I am sure this is going to be it. Of course, investing in a pair of KT150, just in case I have to upgrade the amp at some time, would save me money in the future! And of course once your adapters get here that will probably to best this will do (baring the KT88 of course!).

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #7,173 of 11,460
Have you tried the 6L6's yet? I thought you had purchase some of those as well. The KT150 is a beautiful tube, always wanted to use it, but in the Euforia I think it will be overkill, not to mention getting pricey. I admit to looking at this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...42e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=VRHK65F0PBS2EVC7XAZG . MUZISHARE X10 Class A Sinle-Ended 300B KT150 Tube Integrated Amplifier/Power Amplifier/Phono Amp uses a pair of them. Just under $3000, don't know where I would put it, but that never stopped my yet!

No 6L6s cf...and don't tempt me lol! I'm more than happy with the GL KT66s - at the moment!! :wink: And given the number of folks who seem to prefer the reissue TS 7581A over most others of the 6L6 family (bar the KTs), I'm quite happy to give any testing of them a miss thank you lol :L3000:...

ps. That amp looks incredible for under $3000...even with sales tax/VAT added on. Could only come from China! And might just be tempted, if I were able to use my speakers a lot more. However, seeing just how good these KTs are sounding as drivers also in our amps, I don't think I'd want to be using anything else now...(there, I've talked myself out of it!! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:).

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #7,174 of 11,460
22 watts output from tubes should sound pretty good. Oh don't get me started. Don't need another speaker amp. If I sell the house and move to an apartment or condo, won't be able to unleash the beast like I do now!

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #7,175 of 11,460
22 watts output from tubes should sound pretty good. Oh don't get me started. Don't need another speaker amp. If I sell the house and move to an apartment or condo, won't be able to unleash the beast like I do now!

That sure is plenty of power for a tube amp, as you say cf. But one would indeed need extremely forgiving neighbours if not in a detached residence lol!! Better to stick to the cans as a future-proof option methinks :wink:...Cheers and BFN...CJ

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #7,176 of 11,460
NIght all

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #7,178 of 11,460
Nov 6, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #7,180 of 11,460
How does Euphoria amp sound with ZMF Verite? better than solid state?

Different but equally good, whereas i really didn’t like my stellia’s straight out of the hugo2 and they sounded great out of the euforia.

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #7,181 of 11,460
busted, looks extortionate to me :wink:
Oh wow, I didn't realize those are your listings. I guess that wasn't meant for you then, HaHa. For some reason the above link only works in some browsers but not others. Also how did you like those Philips Miniwatt EL11 (as drivers)? The shape looks like the Valvo and Tungsram EL11 which to me are perhaps impossible to dethrone.

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #7,182 of 11,460
Hypnos1 here was your post from May 27 last year:

"Hi again folks.

I know I've been hogging things lately re. the CV1052/EL32/VT57 tube (sorry!), but after yet another couple hours' rest (almost as important as use time for NOS tubes) and then a few more hours' burn-in, the soundstage I heard this morning wasn't due to early waking state after all...listening now to one of my favourite test tracks - Loreena McKennitt's 'The Gates of Istanbul' - I have never, ever heard a soundstage like it. Along with even more detail and separation - again, that I haven't heard before - using 2x CV1052 as powers, driven by 2 of the same is proving even better than EL12 Spezials.

Needless to say, I'm in total disbelief at the moment...but this is being confirmed with each track of her 'An Ancient Muse' assailing (nay, caressing!) my ears...and this is at volume levels I would previously have listened, not even a higher one.

These tubes obviously have tremendous 'synergy', and perform in our amps to a level undreamt of, even if not configured for. My system has never sounded this good...and is way beyond stock configuration IMHO.

BFN...a gobsmacked CJ :astonished: :L3000:"

borrowing a photo from @SnapperMusicFan
kljh.jpg

OK let's go for the EL32 and those blasted huge tubes are not recommended - or more like leagues of tubes that came before in our amps are becoming jealous HaHa :sweat_smile:. Just 1 year later and we've already seen EL32 bested by EL38 (tossup there), bested by EL39, bested by 7581A, bested by KT66 and possibly slain to be outdone by EL34 / KT77 (if an adapter is made), KT88, KT120 or KT150. And look at how far we've come since way back in 2014 or 2015 starting with 6AS7 / 6H13C, 6080, then EL3N, ECC31, EL12 variants, etc. - not even mentioning dozens of driver tube classes. It's been quite an adventurous and head-spinning ride, but for me with a new amp lurking and huge inventory already I can comfortably sit back and watch how this new KT era plays out. I am indeed enjoying an unconventional setup of GEC KT66 with eyes on the Marconi smoked glass KT66 for now anyway.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #7,183 of 11,460
Oh wow, I didn't realize those are your listings. I guess that wasn't meant for you then, HaHa. For some reason the above link only works in some browsers but not others. Also how did you like those Philips Miniwatt EL11 (as drivers)? The shape looks like the Valvo and Tungsram EL11 which to me are perhaps impossible to dethrone.

Yes I’m having a bit of clear out to help pay for an accident I had at audiobarn yesterday involving my credit card and this...

E1269128-1B64-448B-8C6F-9FED70E5E2D3.jpeg
5F663081-C20D-40EF-BB6F-C9FAD76A2E13.jpeg

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #7,185 of 11,460

Users who are viewing this thread

Back