Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Sep 1, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #6,541 of 11,472
From across the oceans I’m waving to both of you. I’m glad you’re having so much fun in this hobby as much as I am. Stay well my friends.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #6,542 of 11,472
And to you as well, UT. Have a great and peaceful day.

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #6,543 of 11,472
Hi folks............................... UPDATE ON THE SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY EDITION EUFORIA...................

Lukasz has sent me more info re. the Special Edition Euforia, and which he'd like shared here.

It does indeed look like there are quite a few nice upgrades to different areas of the amp which, along with the really nice gloss paint finish (special automotive quality 'Space Grey'), would explain the 35% or so premium on the price...viz :

1. "New, low noise-design transformer, giving better EMI protection".
2. Neotech UP-OCC (mono crystal) copper wiring for the signal path which, among other things, should give smoother treble performance for systems on the 'bright' side for example.
3. Upgraded internals such as ClarityCap capacitors with CopperConnect technology, "for extra smoothness and clarity".
4. Redesigned constant-current source modules for improved power supply (plus mains conditioning effect).

F-A themselves are excited about the end result of implementing such upgrades, after accumulated findings re. current Euforia model and their on-going 'super' 2A3-based hp and speaker amp. And I for one am inclined to believe them, from the alterations mentioned...

A reminder of how it actually looks...:stuck_out_tongue:...

Capture SE Euforia 3.PNG Capture SE Euforia.PNG Capture SE Euforia2.PNG

ps. Would love to do an A/B with my current setup...fingers crossed lol! :wink:...CHEERS!...CJ

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #6,544 of 11,472
Sent you a reply from previous email. Sounds good so far. Still waiting to see what Upscale Audio will charge.

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #6,546 of 11,472
I had both the GEC 6as7 and GEC 6080 and while good, did not think they were the end all tube others have claimed. They were surpassed by all the El series tubes that I tried and come no where near the El38-El39 series tubes. I doubt that these tubes would be any better. The GEC 6as7 had always been hailed as one of the best, but after trying them in Euphoria for awhile, found others that easily surpassed them, and sold them. The "special" EL38 and the EL39 combo with the El 11 Mesh plates, keep improving the longer I use them, and as confident that this combo is probably going to be the best in terms of total sound, bass strength, clarity of mids, and highs that are complete and never distorted. Now the task at hand is to sell off my tube collection, lots of El32's 6as7, 6sn7, vt6h8c,Vt52,cv1052 and others some with adapters some NOS others burned in. So much to do, so little time.

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #6,547 of 11,472
So much to do, so little time.

Never a truer word spoken Don, especially when you're working full time. Just bought a ALO Audio Studio Six and for the first time since starting this hobby, I stopped being too engrossed with tubes but have settle down to listen to music.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #6,548 of 11,472
I wonder if these could be the next new tubes for the Euforia. They're GEC and with top caps. Special adapter would be needed.
GEC ATS25 ATS25N

EDIT: this seems to be the only pair on eBay.
EDIT 2: They're beam tetrodes which seem be interchangeable for VT60A,
CV1374, CV124 and ZA3496

Hi DL.

Hmmm...a beam power tube, ostensibly for RF transmission...such a tube not usually regarded as top class for audio use (but there's always a possible exception lol :wink:).

However, its equivalent - the 807/CV124 etc. - doesn't seem to have attracted much attention from the DIY aficionados, and I always like to see such interest before I investigate myself! :smile_phones:.... such as what really spiked my interest re. the EL39 and its almost identical Philips (France) versions of the EL38, with the silver painted band. And now, given the EL39's almost magical interaction as a power combo with the differently constructed Mazda/Dario EL38 versions, I've no desire whatsoever to continue the tube quest I'm afraid. And as @connieflyer said, this combo (or 2x EL39s/2x silver skirted EL38s) is so good, it just leaves the likes of the fabled GEC 6AS7G family in its wake...the first especially I'm quite sure even surpassing the exalted WE421A, given it usually isn't regarded as demonstrably better than the GEC/Osram.

So although I'm almost tempted by this nice looking tube, this time I shall leave it to someone else to possibly experiment with lol! :ksc75smile:...CHEERS!...CJ

ps. Just as a reminder for the 'special' EL38s that folks should be looking out for, a photo once more of a tube that for some strange reason, when combined with an EL39 especially, can outperform by quite a margin 2x 39s - a seemingly impossible task!!..............:

P1020155.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #6,552 of 11,472
s-l1600nb.jpg
I just snagged 2 of these that came up on eBay from a seller in Spain. It was my saved search query on HiFiShark.com that auto emailed me the notification - recommended to create an account there and sign up for notifications of any tubes you're seeking so you know when they come up. I'll see how 2-4 of these work on my upcoming Glenn amp and if not I'll re-sell my 4x sometime.

Also there's another listing for 1x here but it seems to either have a red band or in bad shape.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #6,553 of 11,472

I just snagged 2 of these that came up on eBay. It was my saved search query on HiFiShark.com that auto emailed me the notification - recommended to create an account there and sign up for notifications of any tubes you're seeking so you know when they come up. I'll see how 2-4 of these work on my upcoming Glenn amp and if not I'll re-sell my 4x sometime.

Also there's another listing for 1x here but it seems to either have a red band or in bad shape.

I purchased my 2x Phillips EL39s from this same seller and this listing popped up right after my purchase. So if you’re in the market for some 39s keep your eyes peeled. I’ll report on the 2x Phillips 39s in a few days. Shout out to Colin for the great adapters. Enjoying with Visseaux EL3Ns. Now all I need is for some EL11s to show up!

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #6,555 of 11,472

I just snagged 2 of these that came up on eBay. It was my saved search query on HiFiShark.com that auto emailed me the notification - recommended to create an account there and sign up for notifications of any tubes you're seeking so you know when they come up. I'll see how 2-4 of these work on my upcoming Glenn amp and if not I'll re-sell my 4x sometime.

Well done on bagging those EL39s DL...shame about the whiff of treachery however lol! :wink:. But at least folks here might be in for a windfall if they don't excel in your new amp!! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:. Whatever, good luck in your sonic journey...CJ

ps. For folks' info, do NOT even think of paying that kind of money for a red skirted 39, which is basically an old, inferior 4654. It's the one with silver band you should only go for...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back