Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 30, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #6,256 of 11,472
Hi @LoryWiv ...and a belated welcome to Feliks Audio land (have been rather busy just lately!).

But it's nice to see all the helpful advice you've had already from the guys here and over at the Elise 'Impressions' thread. There is a mountain - several, actually! - of info in all the related threads, and if you can spare the time, a casual flip through now and again will enlighten you even further on many aspects of this wonderful hobby of ours. It is indeed a vast topic, and as @connieflyer mentioned in his (very flattering to me! :wink:) welcome post, covers not just the amp and tubes but all the rest of the system's gear...including cables lol! So as cf said, take your time to get a 'handle' on the sound you experience before venturing too far in all these different directions...or else endless headaches and much indigestion lie therein!!...(but this is all part of the initiation process, to be sure, and experienced by all of us at some time or other lol :ksc75smile:).

So yes, feel free to ask us about anything you're not sure with, and here's a link to the second Elise thread where I gave further links in the first post to threads that may interest you....if/when you find time! (the first post on the 'prototype' thread gives an insight into Elise's birth, if you're interested...) :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/feliks-audio-elise-new-thread.782754/

But most of all...ENJOY your Elise to the full - it's a great amp!! :L3000:...CHEERS!...CJ
Thanks so much, @hypnos1 I'm really impressed with how welcoming and knowledgable the F.A. community is. Looking forward to getting my Elise next week and beginning the journey and asking (hopefully) Intelligent questions once I've gained some experience. Thanks again for all the introductory input which should definitely get me off on the right track!

Jun 30, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #6,257 of 11,472
Sorry @DecentLevi , but I must confess to being somewhat perplexed at your recent comments re. the Empyrean headphones and Euforia...viz. only "fairly good on Euforia, but not as good as on other amps". Perhaps you can give more details as to the different partnering equipment used, for both Euforia and these other amps, and the length of time given to assessment...

To any folks possibly interested in these wonderful headphones, my own personal experience with them in my system has shown them to be every bit as good as @teknorob23 's recommendation... (and a look at his 'ex equipment' profile re. his experience of top end headphones is a good pointer! :wink:).

But don't just take our word for it...the fact that Meze collaborated with Feliks-Audio (specifically the Euforia) in developing the Empyrean's sound gives further vindication, plus the encouraging words from one of the guys at Meze saying of my own system : "Hugo2 + Euforia + Empyreans...a match made in Heaven". To me personally, this confirms a product that is far beyond "fairly good", and one that can be wholeheartedly recommended lol! :dt880smile:...CHEERS!...CJ

Jun 30, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #6,258 of 11,472
@LoryWiv RE my previous post here

PS - if your F.A. order is not finalized yet, I recommend inquiring about their newest amp, the Euforia MK2 which is called "anniversary edition" version. Here was a quote about it from page 400, thanks to ConnieFlyer:

"A little more info on Anniversary model, just got email back from Lukasz and he okayed me releasing the information.

" Indeed we are excited to launch the special edition Euforia very soon, expected in late summer time.

Pictures yet to come, but i can tell you it will have a very special finish, sort of space grey paint used in automobile industry, very classy and durable.

The most important is of course what lies beneth - full details soon, but the main changes relate to new internal wiring (replacing pure silver with single crystal copper, to gain some musicality and warmth), new upgraded capacitors, new trafo with more power reserves and better shielding against external interference and some other tweaks. All in all it sound fabulous, i was personally surprised how different it sounds to regular Euforia. Especially with more "dry" headphones like T1 just brings whole new life into them.

Price expect to be around 30% up on the regular model. More info to come! Please feel free to share with the community. "

So now am looking forward even more to the arrival."

Man... I just got a Euforia in the beginning of May via Upscale Audio. Any idea if it would be worth upgrading?

Jun 30, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #6,259 of 11,472
81BB5D83-F729-4248-A6A6-B5B37098BDFA.jpeg

4 (NOS Philips) EL39s as power pentodes, driven by Euforia with 4 EL38s...

While waiting for Colin’s EL39 adaptors for Euforia, installed the 39s as full powers with Mrs. Xuling EL34 ones...they biased perfectly in the power amp, and after some 30 hours of good burn-in in the power slots... well, what can I say ?

The EL38s are truly exceptional power tubes, enough to say that (IMHO) they are clearly above the legendary EL34s... but the EL39s offered such an amazing sonic experience that it is difficult to describe it properly. At this level of quality, we are talking about nuances or sonic “flavors” more than big differences, and the general character of the 39s was definitely less “warm” and on the neutral side of things, with tighter bass. More like a “German ” than a “British” sound, maybe...

This is not to say better or worse, I do love the warmth of the EL38s (one of their outstanding virtues) and probably the reason why this setup sounded absolutely great. The warmth of the preamp was present, only nicely balanced, enhancing the sonic virtues of the output tubes. A memorable experience...

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #6,260 of 11,472
If these are the wtb's your talking about then you should be okay: WBT - 0152Ag.

@teknorob23 You were right about the connectors:

NEI-2001-01.jpg

By the way these cables look like a white weapon. I am not sure if I have enought distance from the wall to be able to connect them.

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #6,262 of 11,472
@teknorob23 You were right about the connectors:

NEI-2001-01.jpg

By the way these cables look like a white weapon. I am not sure if I have enought distance from the wall to be able to connect them.

Somewhere between a weapon and an anaconda, plus a total pig to work with and route behind kit. For that very reason i went with shorter cables an moved my Hugo2 nearer to the Euforia. The good news is that it should hopefully sound amazing... just 200 or so hours until you hear it at its best, but congratulations in the meantime :):)

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #6,263 of 11,472
Somewhere between a weapon and an anaconda, plus a total pig to work with and route behind kit. For that very reason i went with shorter cables an moved my Hugo2 nearer to the Euforia. The good news is that it should hopefully sound amazing... just 200 or so hours until you hear it at its best, but congratulations in the meantime :):)

I'll come back with some impressions. What provided you the biggest impact? Interconnects or the headhpone cable? I like a lot my Forza AudioWorks one but might try an silver/gold one on the future.

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #6,265 of 11,472
Man... I just got a Euforia in the beginning of May via Upscale Audio. Any idea if it would be worth upgrading?
Hi smeksime.

Well done on getting the Euforia...great choice! That 'Anniversary Edition' sounds a real teaser, and cruel it should be just round the corner (hopefully! :wink:).

But given it's going to cost about another 30%, apparently, I suspect it would only be worth going for if you could swap your current amp for just the extra...if you liked the look of it, and were able to compare both that is. If not, and still interested, I would strongly advise waiting for other folks to do the comparison...(I might be in line for such a demo, along with independent reviewers perhaps...). In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your Euforia to the full! :dt880smile:...CJ

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #6,266 of 11,472
I'll come back with some impressions. What provided you the biggest impact? Interconnects or the headhpone cable? I like a lot my Forza AudioWorks one but might try an silver/gold one on the future.

Well done on those cables OH...will be interested to hear your impressions. And Neotech UP-OCC silver with gold-wired headphone cable? Wow!...(your poor wallet lol! :wink:). But as I mentioned a while back, it certainly did wonders for my pal's HD800s (v1)...GOOD LUCK!...CJ

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #6,267 of 11,472
Not bad for 19 euro, as long as they work!, the Valvo appears to be NOS, so as long as you keep looking seems there might still be bargains to be had with the EL11.

Not bad, Scutey?...a steal, more like!! :ksc75smile:...Well done! They look in marvellous condition, and I'm sure most - if not all - will perform perfectly also. Lucky you...:L3000:...(this sort of deal doesn't come along all that often, but does indeed pay to keep a sharp eye open - time permitting!! :wink:).

And your EL39s look in wonderful condition...hope they sound as good as they look! I'm very impressed indeed with that stock of French RT tubes...a shame he didn't have any more lol :triportsad:...CJ

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #6,268 of 11,472

4 (NOS Philips) EL39s as power pentodes, driven by Euforia with 4 EL38s...

While waiting for Colin’s EL39 adaptors for Euforia, installed the 39s as full powers with Mrs. Xuling EL34 ones...they biased perfectly in the power amp, and after some 30 hours of good burn-in in the power slots... well, what can I say ?

The EL38s are truly exceptional power tubes, enough to say that (IMHO) they are clearly above the legendary EL34s... but the EL39s offered such an amazing sonic experience that it is difficult to describe it properly. At this level of quality, we are talking about nuances or sonic “flavors” more than big differences, and the general character of the 39s was definitely less “warm” and on the neutral side of things, with tighter bass. More like a “German ” than a “British” sound, maybe...

This is not to say better or worse, I do love the warmth of the EL38s (one of their outstanding virtues) and probably the reason why this setup sounded absolutely great. The warmth of the preamp was present, only nicely balanced, enhancing the sonic virtues of the output tubes. A memorable experience...

Hi J...glad to see they work so well in the EL34 seats lol! And yes, they do indeed have a different 'flavour' to the 38. As powers in my Euforia setup, the differences are in fact more pronounced. I have described them enough in the past so won't repeat here, but they are overall not quite so 'warm', as you say...and the bass is definitely tighter and hits more solidly - both perfect traits for my Empyreans lol! :dt880smile: And dare I say it?...with better overall balance IMHO. Hope you enjoy them as much (if not more!) in your Euforia when your adapters arrive...:wink:...CHEERS!...CJ

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #6,269 of 11,472
Not bad, Scutey?...a steal, more like!! :ksc75smile:...Well done! They look in marvellous condition, and I'm sure most - if not all - will perform perfectly also. Lucky you...:L3000:...(this sort of deal doesn't come along all that often, but does indeed pay to keep a sharp eye open - time permitting!! :wink:).

And your EL39s look in wonderful condition...hope they sound as good as they look! I'm very impressed indeed with that stock of French RT tubes...a shame he didn't have any more lol :triportsad:...CJ
Yes they were a bit of a steal, there's always that slight apprehensive moment though until you try them, of course, but I have given all of them a quick test and they all sound very good and dead silent phew!, oh I also forgot to mention there was also another 10 tubes, all Telefunken, of various types, EF11, EM11, UF11, UL11, UM11. As for the EL39's only had just over an hour with them so not much time to really evaluate, but already they are a superb sounding tube, micro detailing and imaging is the best I've heard, hopefully I can get more time with them tomorrow, btw your adapters look so much more elegant than mrs X's, so cheers CJ! :beyersmile:.

Jul 2, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #6,270 of 11,472
Great Johnny, this should be interesting. Do you have the Euforia or Elise? If it pairs well with the Euforia (I haven't tried the pairing), you just may convince ME to get a pair too, LOL. Or if HD-579 doesn't work for you and your 7N7 recommendation doesn't work our for me, let's just say we're even :jecklinsmile: HAHa

Johnny have you gotten to try the Senn. HD 579's on your Euforia yet?

Hi @DecentLevi, and many thanks for your recommendation of the Senn HD 579’s !! It pairs just perfectly with my Euforia: as you said a lively, open presentation with sparkling highs, nice bass, and a lovely midrange...can you ask for more for $ 80 (incl. shipping) ?? An absolute bargain !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back