Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Sep 30, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #4,006 of 11,472
Got some RCA for power. I love them. Those Svetlana are toast.
Do they ever light up. Great looking tubes in the dark.

I love them too, AQ. I mean vintage RCA coke bottles. I just can't remember how many times I said that in the old LD thread. Very early into this hobby, got quite cheaply a quartet of NOS, sealed in their (crumbling) boxes 49' and 46' RCA 6AS7Gs. Can you imagine that ? Truly classic, warm, spacious tube sound, specially paired with C3gs that added speed, bass and dynamics. No Svetlana could touch those RCAs, and no 6080 either, at least in my heavily modded LDIII.

But the Euforia is a different animal, one that is turning upside down all my previous assumptions about tubes. I mean, good tubes are still good, but Euforia most definitely "likes" some tubes (or tube combos) much more than others. Our current top combo (the EL11/EL12 sp) is VASTLY superior to the original, and I also found that Mullards CV2984/6080, while sounding good in my old amp, really shine in the Euforia. But not paired with just any driver. There is a new kid on the block that sounds really sweet, like made to order to drive the Mullards. Great synergy. Right now, H1 and Pct have no reason to be worried, but this combo, even before proper burn in, is very close to the top one....I can't say much more for the moment (LOL)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #4,007 of 11,472
But not paired with just any driver. There is a new kid on the block that sounds really sweet, like made to order to drive the Mullards. Great synergy. Right now, H1 and Pct have no reason to be worried, but this combo, even before proper burn in, is very close to the top one....I can't say much more for the moment (LOL)

"Venga ya!" :wink:

Oct 4, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #4,008 of 11,472
Guys, I know you all migrated in Euforia land, but the Elise thread has reached 10.000 posts. Wanna give it a Viking funeral? Personally I feel very emotional because the thread has reached a threshold at the same time as I [feel I] reached my summit with the Elise, and I'm now considering migrating to different ventures.

Whatever you decide to do Angelo, I wish you all the best. I'm glad you did reach the summit with Elise.

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #4,009 of 11,472
It looks as if they did an internal upgrade for the Euforia for the 2018 model. Maybe H1 can find out more and explain it to us.

Althalus
I have still to hear the new model but from impressions of people that i trust i have no illusions, it's a 2 much of a price increase for the changes they made. I have seen in more than one place going from recommended to not-recommended because of the ridiculously high price increase. It may hurt the business, it may not...personally i would never buy either of their amps at those prices, even if i wasn't EU-based, with the kind of competition within those price brakets.

That said hopefully things will balance again.

Oct 5, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #4,010 of 11,472
Whatever you decide to do Angelo, I wish you all the best. I'm glad you did reach the summit with Elise.
Thanks UT, lots of things going on in my head right now. However one thing is for sure, the Elise (and presumably Euforia, since we're in her thread) is a very refined design which plays wonderfully with my HD600/650, especially on premium tubes. Lately I've been experimenting with DACs and the Elise definitely ramps up her game the better the DAC is. I even brought my Benchmark DAC1 at the office and attached it to the Eitr, and then to the Elise: the result is definitely worth an audition, as the Elise retains Benchmark's separation and imaging but smoothens out all the harsh edges.

Since I found you, please remind me: wasn't it you who was experiencing a crackling noise on one of the Elise's channels? I'm having the same issue on the right channel so any day now I'm going to be shipping the Elise back to FA for a health checkup.

Finally, about the price hike; I was honestly shocked as well with the price increase. Indeed, if the Elise and Euforia were priced at these prices from the beginning I might have opted for more seasoned comparable designs with proper dealership networks and local support. In Greece these include Icon Audio, Quad (e.g. PA1), etc., let alone SS designs such as Questyle; so it probably would have been hard for me to gamble on the word of sympathetic postings on Head-Fi, however enthusiastic they might be. That said, if FA manages to get all the established publications raving about their products then maybe they will be well served to increase the price. And us who bought in early will enjoy the pleasure of being a pioneer in the birth of another established audio company!

*Sorry guys for discussing the Elise on a Euforia thread, but that's where UT posted me his wishes, so I had to reply here!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #4,011 of 11,472
Angelo, I think a lot of things are going on in our heads these days.

I had the best of times with Elise and Euforia in the last 2 years. Not just with the amps but also a very special bonding with Lukasz. He is one of the best dealer I have met. Very professional, helpful and friendly.

I have given all the praise and accolades to Elise and Euforia. Like I say, it was the best of times.

However my audio journey will see changes. I have one more week left before Euforia changes hands to a new lucky owner.

Cheers
UT

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #4,012 of 11,472
However my audio journey will see changes.

From what I gather, your place is close to resembling to an audio dealership these days!!

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #4,013 of 11,472
From what I gather, your place is close to resembling to an audio dealership these days!!

I'm expanding my portfolio. :) Weekends is the best time for me. I'll cycle through the gears to listen to music. They all sound wonderful, from speakers to headphones. From solid state to tube amps. From digital dac to analogue turntable, I love the music it is producing. I've since given up hope of painting my deck.

Oct 9, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #4,014 of 11,472
Hey Guys,

I know I'm a little late to the party (as this thread is at 268 pages - a wealth of information for me to dig through!), but I just took delivery on a used Euforia this weekend. It came with Mullard 6080's and Sylvania 6sn7gtb's, but I've just been enjoying the stock tubes for now. They sound fantastic! I couldn't be happier with this little amp, especially given that I snagged a used model and avoided that nasty price increase! It pairs wonderfully with my Beyer T1.2's and my Meridian Explorer2/Tidal MQA setup. I'm looking forward to lots of listening, but I think I am going to just enjoy this thing stock for a while before I go too crazy with tube rolling.

Thanks to those who I've talked to (both in messages and forum replies) that have pushed me toward making this purchase! As I said above, I couldn't be happier.

Happy listening!
- Dan

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #4,015 of 11,472
I love them too, AQ. I mean vintage RCA coke bottles. I just can't remember how many times I said that in the old LD thread. Very early into this hobby, got quite cheaply a quartet of NOS, sealed in their (crumbling) boxes 49' and 46' RCA 6AS7Gs. Can you imagine that ? Truly classic, warm, spacious tube sound, specially paired with C3gs that added speed, bass and dynamics. No Svetlana could touch those RCAs, and no 6080 either, at least in my heavily modded LDIII.

But the Euforia is a different animal, one that is turning upside down all my previous assumptions about tubes. I mean, good tubes are still good, but Euforia most definitely "likes" some tubes (or tube combos) much more than others. Our current top combo (the EL11/EL12 sp) is VASTLY superior to the original, and I also found that Mullards CV2984/6080, while sounding good in my old amp, really shine in the Euforia. But not paired with just any driver. There is a new kid on the block that sounds really sweet, like made to order to drive the Mullards. Great synergy. Right now, H1 and Pct have no reason to be worried, but this combo, even before proper burn in, is very close to the top one....I can't say much more for the moment (LOL)
Hey Guys,

I know I'm a little late to the party (as this thread is at 268 pages - a wealth of information for me to dig through!), but I just took delivery on a used Euforia this weekend. It came with Mullard 6080's and Sylvania 6sn7gtb's, but I've just been enjoying the stock tubes for now. They sound fantastic! I couldn't be happier with this little amp, especially given that I snagged a used model and avoided that nasty price increase! It pairs wonderfully with my Beyer T1.2's and my Meridian Explorer2/Tidal MQA setup. I'm looking forward to lots of listening, but I think I am going to just enjoy this thing stock for a while before I go too crazy with tube rolling.

Thanks to those who I've talked to (both in messages and forum replies) that have pushed me toward making this purchase! As I said above, I couldn't be happier.

Happy listening!
- Dan
Hi BB,

Welcome on board! The Euforia is a great amp and you will have a lot of musical pleasure from it.

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #4,016 of 11,472

Hey Johnny, what drivers were you referencing to pair with the Mullard 6080s here?

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #4,017 of 11,472
Hey Guys,

Happy listening!
- Dan

You will love Euforia. It's a tone I'll never forget. Enjoy.

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #4,018 of 11,472
Hey Johnny, what drivers were you referencing to pair with the Mullard 6080s here?

Hi, BB, and welcome ¡

I was referring to the Russian 6N1P-E double triodes, triple mica from 1963 (I understand it is a long-life, military version of 6N1P) a tube that was considered kind of a "holy grail" in the 6922 thread here at Head Fi. It was (is) used as a driver in top amps by Audio Research, for example, for some reason. The "E" version is findable but rare, and the "plain" 6N1P is a very common and relatively cheap tube. I would suggest NEVZ tubes from the sixties as a good starting point. Of course, you´ll need proper 6922/E88CC to 6SN7 adaptors. I use these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-E88CC-692...830015&hash=item41cd59d0d5:g:r-QAAOSwyQtV5Acn

6N1P-E2.jpg

One of the main reasons I tried this tube is that it is 100% electrically compatible with 6SN7s, (a "drop in" replacement in any 6SN7 circuit according to the "Lampizator" page) so it should be quite safe to use as a driver in the Euforia (frankly, I do not want to experiment with untested tubes in my Euforia...) after a lenghty burn in, I found this tube a perfect companion to the Mullard 6080s, outperforming 6SN7s and even the mighty C3gs in MY setup (Euforia used as preamp) with a lively, full bodied, sweet sound and also great bass...

6N1P-E.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #4,020 of 11,472
Hi sotto123,

I had very good results driving the RCA 6AS7G with Foton 6N8C tubes. These tubes are so cheap that it is hard to believe - $3.97 each, shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-6N8S-Aud...334682?hash=item4b26e8bf1a:g:DEAAAOSwA3dYVRnF

This combo is so good that I call it the GEC 6AS7G saver....except that I am now running the Fotons with a pair of GEC 6080 which I got a deal on - very nice sounding, and ATM I have no desire to switch. However, the Foton + RCA is well worth trying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back