Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Sep 27, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #3,991 of 11,460
Here again, I agree with PCT, H1 is the Hugo go to guy here, so I would think he would love to provide one for you!

Sep 27, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #3,992 of 11,460
...(plus, you've just got to get the Hugo2 - this thing defies all sense and reason!! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:...but send the bill to @pctazhp or @connieflyer, not to me!!!...CHEERS!...).
Send it to H1. He's the Hugo 2 guy. I'm just the lowly $68 per pair Tesla 4654 crazy man
Here again, I agree with PCT, H1 is the Hugo go to guy here, so I would think he would love to provide one for you!
This is not going to work out, is it, guys? Lol. :deadhorse:

Sep 27, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #3,993 of 11,460
I doubt it!

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #3,995 of 11,460
Send it to H1. He's the Hugo 2 guy. I'm just the lowly $68 per pair Tesla 4654 crazy man

Hmmm...poor ol' @Oskari - was going to re-refer the generous donation to @connieflyer, but he too seems to be pleading poverty(?!). And no-one would be able to prise my H2 from these grubby hands lol!!!...not even Arnie!! :wink: :smile_phones:...SORRY, O!...:triportsad:...

can you explain me this quote a little bit more?

Hi Dvd...these PsV TII drivers, being a little on the 'thin/subtle' side IMHO, would benefit greatly from power tubes that are basically the opposite of this...@UntilThen has probably covered this aspect more than anyone else - here, and over on the Elise threads. The most comprehensive source of info on these tubes is probably the 'For 6AS7G tube rollers here' thread.

I think it’s premature to pronounce the bankruptcy of Feliks Audio. Many of us have taken advantage of the value FA has offered over the past 2 years. But we have no idea what their profit margin has been or how sustainable their pricing and marketing approach over the past two years is. Nor do we have any idea of the dealer network they have already assembled, what their new marketing plan consist of or what their business projections are going forward and what those projections are based on. They are a small, isolated business that has gained good recognition for their products. Part of that is based on their low prices, but FA amps are good. Few of us have compared them to the competition they will face from other products at the new price points. They have made a business decision. It may or may not be sound. But the FA people are obviously smart, hard-working people. Like all of us they like to be rewarded monetarily for their work. And like all small businesses they have to make difficult decisions every step of the way as they grow. I do feel sorry for people who did not order one of their amps as they were ramping up. But I would also feel sorry for the FA people if by continuing as they have for the last 2 years led them to future years of hard work with little reward, or even cause the company to eventually fail. I’m sure they have not taken this latest step without a great deal of thought and planning, and I hope they will be wildly successful.

Hi pct...have quoted your full post, as you put the case much better than I...you must be a lawyer lol!! :wink::L3000:...

And Lukasz has indeed looked in, and is very apologetic that F-A have had to come to this decision...basically for the reasons we both mentioned. An extremely difficult one for all concerned, of course. I personally believe their amps will still be able to stand up to the competition...assuming the latter also are not immune to cost pressures in the current world economy!

Time shall indeed tell, and I can only hope their unenviable position takes them into future markets with positive results. As you mention, staying on the same course as previously would undoubtedly be a precarious one also...Catch 22 once again lol!!...especially as they wish to keep all development and production in-house, as opposed to taking advantage of cheaper labour costs in such as China etc.

However, he has just informed me of ONE PIECE OF GOOD NEWS - non-EU customers will now be exempt from the 23% VAT charge...which at least softens the blow somewhat! We here in the UK get no such reprieve when importing from the USA, Canada, China etc.

I do, however, feel extremely sorry for those who have not yet put in their orders for any of F-A's amps, and can only hope F-A manage to find enough dealers to give most folks the chance to see just what they're capable of before parting with that extra cash...if our findings here are not quite enough to sway the decision lol!

Needless to say, even though I understand the harsh realities of life in business, I am personally extremely saddened that F-A have had to come to this decision, and also wish them well for the future - the whole family is a wonderful, extremely hard-working bunch of guys, who have devoted a great deal of time, enthusiasm and energy to a business that they have all had to subsidise by other jobs also!! They have my utmost respect, and deserve to enjoy better returns for their efforts...again, time will be the judge, and I hope it is kind to them...CHEERS!!...CJ

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #3,996 of 11,460
Eliminating the VAT for some users will help offset the price increase to some extent, the realities of doing business in a global economy is a harsh reality to be sure. Wish them much success and good luck

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #3,997 of 11,460
However, he has just informed me of ONE PIECE OF GOOD NEWS - non-EU customers will now be exempt from the 23% VAT charge...which at least softens the blow somewhat!
Let's see. If that's €1999 (Euforia) and €1299 (Elise) VAT 23%, it's €1625.20 and €1056.10 VAT 0%, or about $1915 and $1244, for those outside the EU VAT area.

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #3,999 of 11,460
No argument there, that went up considerably considering that it had gone up this year as well. If they are going to reduce this as a commercial product instead of a boutique product I can see why it had to go up, they must have looked at the economic possibilities involved, and that is their discretion.

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #4,001 of 11,460
It's not easy being “frugal” me amongst you “moneybags”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Well, Oskari, there is another frugal person here as well, and that's me, so you are not alone.....

Bought three GEC 6080 tubes for $41 including shipping recently, and my Elise #9 was $549. Bought the Euforia #8 when they had the introductory sale with 10% off.

But I am afraid of the Prima Luna Dialogue HP lol - such a purchase (at the right price of course) would probably necessitate new speakers etc etc. So I am staying content with my Euforia/Elise and my $240 speaker system.

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #4,002 of 11,460
Boy have I got a deal for you then, if you are not buying that amp, then how about a nice pair of GEC 6080's . Bought these in June this year. ORDER DATE Jun 06, 2017
1 item sold by yitry
6080 CV2984 GEC NOS VALVE/TUBE (LC42)
( 262610696072 )

Quantity: 2
Add note
ITEM PRICE:
US $322.20
Sell for $250.00

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #4,003 of 11,460
Boy have I got a deal for you then, if you are not buying that amp, then how about a nice pair of GEC 6080's . Bought these in June this year. ORDER DATE Jun 06, 2017
1 item sold by yitry
( 262610696072 )

Quantity: 2
Add note
ITEM PRICE:
US $322.20
Sell for $250.00
One reason I got the GEC tubes for less was that the seller did not know what they were - no brand name and no country of origin on the tubes (seller thought they were made in Germany) and no boxes.
The rest of the markings looked OK, so I took a chance.

s-l1600.jpg

I like the sound and use them with the Fotons.

Sep 30, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #4,004 of 11,460
One reason I got the GEC tubes for less was that the seller did not know what they were - no brand name and no country of origin on the tubes (seller thought they were made in Germany) and no boxes.
The rest of the markings looked OK, so I took a chance.

s-l1600.jpg

I like the sound and use them with the Fotons.

What a bargain !! And what an eye to spot this offer...I am no expert but the tubes surely look like GECs...no brand, only military (or industrial) markings ? Year of production ?
They are certainly not Mullards, just a few days ago I got a NOS Mullard 6080/2984 (Mitcham, 68') for $ 25, (still a great deal) in its original military box. Good opportunity to check the differences, the most obvious is the spacing between the two top micas. The second is the copper rods vs. the steel ones used in the GECs. In any case, I do suspect that both tubes must sound very similar....which is good

335C50A5-9BE3-4375-AF43-22C604AB0F72.jpg
D935712F-8411-4AFD-8CAF-6911A03AB55D.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #4,005 of 11,460
Got some RCA for power. I love them. Those Svetlana are toast.
Do they ever light up. Great looking tubes in the dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back