Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 22, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #3,571 of 11,460
That I will brother from a different mother! Gee, I hope that is not offense to a moderator! I forgot how sensitive they can be!

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #3,572 of 11,460
Jul 22, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #3,573 of 11,460
I think I am done buying tubes for now, need to add to the game room decor, so since I don't have a basket hilt, I think I may order one of these. https://www.theknightshop.com/brass-basket-hilt-sword-ca-1700

scratchinghead.jpg

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #3,574 of 11,460
Until you have used one, the fun is just not there!

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #3,576 of 11,460
Just a quick farewell.....

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #3,577 of 11,460
This will soothe your troubled mind, at least until you hear the "Connie" overhead again!

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #3,579 of 11,460
Beside beautiful sound, tube audio gears could be tailored tube-rolled to fit one's preference.

Yeah. The major drawback to solid state amps is that one is stuck with the manufacturers specific voicing based on source and headphones used, coupled with the designer's own preferences. On the other hand, I believe that it is probably difficult, if not impossible, for a manufacturer of tube amps to entirely escape the coloration that is inherent with tubes - likely due mainly to the even order harmonic distortion tubes introduce which is what attracts many to tube amps, but which also is not entirely "clean" and "neutral".

From a consumer's standpoint, there seems an infinity of choices for sources, amps and headphones. And virtually impossible to properly audition more than a handful of choices. I don't understand how many brick and mortar stores can stay in business and provide a reasonable offering of the latest and greatest.

So we all do the best we can based on our own personal preferences and budget considerations. Some have the money and interest to pursue perfection, which they never seem to find. I went through that for several decades with speaker based stereo systems, so I understand the appeal. But there are also people who set up a reasonably good system and enjoy it for decades. For me, Euforia offers great performance at a reasonable price. I've been lucky to acquire a good selection of top performing tubes. I'm at the stage of my life that I crave simplicity. I would not enjoy sitting down to listen and having to decide which amp and which headphone I'll use. And for me Euforia sounds great with a wide variety of tubes. Yes, I can detect differences, but they are not very important to me. Far more important for me is exploring new music, which is why Tidal is my main music source.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #3,580 of 11,460
Yep

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #3,581 of 11,460
I have just some questions.
After reading something about heat and octal socket savers. Do I need them for my Euforia?

Maybe not really a question, I read somewhere I should not insert the tubes completely into the sockets but leave a little room to get a screwdriver under it so I can always get the tubes out of the socket when they like the amp too much and hang on to it. :wink:

Are there more Tricks I need to know of?

Althalus

I've never used socket savers with Elise or Euforia and I haven't had any problems. I can't think of any other F-A amp owners who use them routinely. I think heat is not a real issue with Euforia as long as you use recommended tubes. My chassis is warm to the touch, but never hot. And socket savers really look funky. Not something I want detracting from the beauty of my Euforia.

Not inserting tubes completely into the sockets???? That's an entirely new one on me. I've never had a problem removing a fully inserted tube from Elise or Euforia and never heard about anyone else having such a problem.

Other advice? Just enjoy :o2smile:

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,582 of 11,460
Contrary to pct, I have read that I believe on the Elise thread early last year. I believe a member had trouble removing a tube, and it was suggested to leave eniugh room to insert a small jewelers screwdriver under the tube to get it started out. I had only heard this if the socket was very tight, they do loosen up after awhile. Even the new sockets on my Euforia have loosened up some. They are not tight, just snug. Socket savers may help slightly for heat, mainly made to protect sockets from wear and tear. In all the years as a technician in the Navy,(tube era) I never had to replace a socket. Another consideration,you are puting another component in the circuit of unknown quality of construction.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #3,583 of 11,460
Contrary to pct, I have read that I believe on the Elise thread early last year. I believe a member had trouble removing a tube, and it was suggested to leave eniugh room to insert a small jewelers screwdriver under the tube to get it started out. I had only heard this if the socket was very tight, they do loosen up after awhile. Even the new sockets on my Euforia have loosened up some. They are not tight, just snug. Socket savers may help slightly for heat, mainly made to protect sockets from wear and tear. In all the years as a technician in the Navy,(tube era) I never had to replace a socket. Another consideration,you are puting another component in the circuit of unknown quality of construction.

How many times do I have to tell you that is not allowed? Wash your mouth out with soap and send me your Gumby !!!!

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #3,584 of 11,460
You can't handle a Gumby!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back