Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 1, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #3,361 of 11,460
Just listening to an oldie but goodie on Tidal.

Check out the album.

Dave Mason. Alone Together!

Never heard it sound this good before. The Euforia and Elear is a majical pairing

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #3,362 of 11,460
20170625_070647.jpg
If anybody knows about the horrendous cables on the elear, I bought a 1.5 meter cable from Hivemind cables. Called a silver truthseeker. These things are so light and flexible.

As I sit about two feet from my amp they are perfect. I think they sound much better, but that is a debate I also don't want to get into. I bought a balanced connection, since I have a pigtail. Just in case I ever go back to balanced. I doubt it though.
I am very happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #3,363 of 11,460
Have been listening Euforia with HD650 this week. HD650 definitely needs more neutral tube combination (than HD800).

GEC6080 and Sylvania 6sn7WGT combination works great with HD650. Richness, resolution and openness are spot on.

Other sylvania 6sn7 GT/vt231 are a bit too warm.

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #3,364 of 11,460
Have been listening Euforia with HD650 this week. HD650 definitely needs more neutral tube combination (than HD800).

GEC6080 and Sylvania 6sn7WGT combination works great with HD650. Richness, resolution and openness are spot on.

Other sylvania 6sn7 GT/vt231 are a bit too warm.

Correct. That's what I have been telling @pctazhp about his HD800S.... needing a more neutral sounding tube combination. However different ears can also mean different opinions.... and different DACs, source, nuclear power station vs conventional power station and Arizona air vs Sydney air.

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #3,366 of 11,460
Hi Tunkejazz,

Those Ken-Rad 6080 tubes say 62-35 on them - August 1962. Ken-Rad was bought by GE much before that (in 1945) so it seems that those 6080 tubes were made by GE.
Well...in that case maybe I have ordered something not very interesting... the construction seems different compared to most GEs available on ebay, maybe there is some hope the sound is different too.

Jul 2, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #3,372 of 11,460
Hi all;

I'm not completely sure how to bring it but a number of people in this thread (and the Elisethread) are responsible for the disapearance of $1444,- from my bankaccount. No, no... don't feel offended. At the end of this month Lukasz will compensate me for the loss with a nice bribe. I can't wait to see it arrive.:k701smile:
Further I can only hope he does no longer use the pigeon for delivery, then my package will end up somewhere in the UK. Or the turtle (broken tubes). Does anyone know what he uses for shipping to the Netherlands?

Now seriously, I'm happy that I did't buy an Elise last year but had to wait. Now I can buy it's logical step up in the evolution. It does cost a bit more but I understand that it's worth it. At least my XCanV8+XPSU will soon have a bit of rest. I 'm already fearing the next step, an upgrade for my K701?

Before someone starts to give me advice about what tubes I should start to buy. I will use the "standard" tubes for the first couple of months. And when I like them they will stay in the amp. I don't have experience with buying tubes and neither have a clue how to see the difference between a trusted seller or someone who sells his crap tubes to get a profit.

The reason I bought the Euforia? Except for all your praise and positive reviews, is that what I did see from the amp with the standard tubes is that it looks great, Yes I do like a little bit of eyecandy too. Beautifull tubes that nicely glow. I can only hope that it looks in real just as good as in the pictures.and sounds even better.

Still a long month to go.....

Althalus

Jul 2, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #3,373 of 11,460
Hi all;

I'm not completely sure how to bring it but a number of people in this thread (and the Elisethread) are responsible for the disapearance of $1444,- from my bankaccount. No, no... don't feel offended. At the end of this month Lukasz will compensate me for the loss with a nice bribe. I can't wait to see it arrive.:k701smile:
Further I can only hope he does no longer use the pigeon for delivery, then my package will end up somewhere in the UK. Or the turtle (broken tubes). Does anyone know what he uses for shipping to the Netherlands?

Now seriously, I'm happy that I did't buy an Elise last year but had to wait. Now I can buy it's logical step up in the evolution. It does cost a bit more but I understand that it's worth it. At least my XCanV8+XPSU will soon have a bit of rest. I 'm already fearing the next step, an upgrade for my K701?

Before someone starts to give me advice about what tubes I should start to buy. I will use the "standard" tubes for the first couple of months. And when I like them they will stay in the amp. I don't have experience with buying tubes and neither have a clue how to see the difference between a trusted seller or someone who sells his crap tubes to get a profit.

The reason I bought the Euforia? Except for all your praise and positive reviews, is that what I did see from the amp with the standard tubes is that it looks great, Yes I do like a little bit of eyecandy too. Beautifull tubes that nicely glow. I can only hope that it looks in real just as good as in the pictures.and sounds even better.

Still a long month to go.....

Althalus

Hi @Althalus. I got mine delivered in Sweden with UPS, very well packed.
The standard tube setup is very well matched/synergetic. I have played a bit with driver tubes (keeping the Svetlanas power tubes) and I keep coming back to the PS-Vane. So yes...Enjoy it as it is for a while!

Jul 2, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #3,374 of 11,460
Welcome Althalus, I am sure you will like the look of the amp when it arrives, more so than the photo's. It is very well thought out and laid out. The porportions are pleasing to the eye as well. As for new tubes, I think it very wise to use the tubes that come with the amp, as they are a good combination. Can you make it sound better? Of course, but it takes time to decide what you like and where you may want to take the sound of the amp. Plenty of advice on the thread here and may will offer you help, if and when you are ready. But I would say it is best to let the amp and tubes burn in for awhile before deciding to roll other tubes in. Hope you enjoy your time here on the threads, a pretty good group of people, I must say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back