Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 18, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #3,136 of 11,472
I know I have a very special and unique system. It’s not something I want to brag about or receive validation for. It’s also not something I could say until very recently. Having been involved in home audio for almost 50 years I know what is special and what is just acceptable.

I know I can probably never convince anyone on the HD800S thread to consider Euforia. I have tried, and as far as I know have failed. I’m a lone voice there. Neither can I convince anyone on the Schiit threads who is looking for alternative to USB that my ASUS board with its USB by-pass function is a very cost effective method to avoid USB concerns of those who seem hell bent on spending a lot of money to solve. I am also a single voice speaking in support of the ASUS soundcard.

All I know is that I feel very fortunate to have reached the point I’m at. I know there are many other paths, and certainly don’t assume mine is the only way. But I do know it is one way that would be worthy of consideration.

Jun 18, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #3,138 of 11,472
I know I have a very special and unique system. It’s not something I want to brag about or receive validation for. It’s also not something I could say until very recently. Having been involved in home audio for almost 50 years I know what is special and what is just acceptable.

I know I can probably never convince anyone on the HD800S thread to consider Euforia. I have tried, and as far as I know have failed. I’m a lone voice there. Neither can I convince anyone on the Schiit threads who is looking for alternative to USB that my ASUS board with its USB by-pass function is a very cost effective method to avoid USB concerns of those who seem hell bent on spending a lot of money to solve. I am also a single voice speaking in support of the ASUS soundcard.

All I know is that I feel very fortunate to have reached the point I’m at. I know there are many other paths, and certainly don’t assume mine is the only way. But I do know it is one way that would be worthy of consideration.
Hi pct,

You may be surprised - the voice of truth will make itself heard.......

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #3,139 of 11,472
I believe you brother, I believe you!

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #3,140 of 11,472
Go to any head amp thread in Headfi and onwers will tell you they have their end game system. That's pride of owership.

I'll be generous and will agree with them all. That way everyone is happy. If they are not happy you will see a lot of their amps in the for sale section. I've not seen many ... in fact very few Elise and zero Euforia put up for sale.

Now pass me some cookies while I engage more with euphoria.

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #3,142 of 11,472
Howza ! Yggy is online for 30 days 20 hours 51 minutes and 39 seconds. Now I can listen to 'Smoke On The Water' and get the real experience. Literally smoke on the water.

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #3,143 of 11,472
I appreciate all the believers)))) Maybe it's just pride of ownership, but I'd like to think I've arrived at a point in my life where I am less susceptible to things like that. And wise enough to know mine is but one of millions of paths :smile_phones:

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #3,144 of 11,472
Finally Lukasz replied to my question to him... I ask him, 'What have you done to my Elise? It's sounding so much like my Euforia.'

Read on in the Elise thread.... :o2smile:

Jun 19, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #3,146 of 11,472
Maybe it's just pride of ownership

Pride of ownership is your inherent right.

Can you remember when you bought your 1st new car?
You make sure you drive around the block 20 times so everyone can see it.

Can you remember when you enter your new home for the first time?
You ordered 12 roses of every colour.

Can you remember when you say 'I do'?
You didn't realise it will be a lifetime of eternal bliss.

Can you remember when you bought your first tube amp?
OMG there's a tube in it !!!

Can you remember when your first potted plant flower?
I've got green thumb !!!

However this sums up pride of ownership best.
"For 10 years he had been sailing the Mediterranean on a small yacht, living simply, even frugally. He had no house, apartment, car, TV, hi-fi or refrigerator. Apart from a strong attachment to his boat, "pride of ownership" did not feature highly in his mental make-up."

The point is he has pride of ownership in that small yacht.

What I am trying to say is that if you have no pride of ownership in your head-fi gear, then you should give it to the homeless guy and he won't accuse you of hype and addicted to audio.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,149 of 11,472
Listening to Fritz Reiner hd tracks Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazad the RCA 6sn7 GT's are very full bodied, some of the best I have heard so far with the GEC's. These are keepers. Bass is deep and detailed cymbals crash with clarity, without distortion, violins distinct and horns are very powerful. Loving it

Jun 19, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #3,150 of 11,472
Listening to Fritz Reiner hd tracks Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazad the RCA 6sn7 GT's are very full bodied, some of the best I have heard so far with the GEC's. These are keepers. Bass is deep and detailed cymbals crash with clarity, without distortion, violins distinct and horns are very powerful. Loving it
Hi CF,

Which RCAs are you referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back