Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 22, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #2,086 of 11,472
Now for one of my favorites now that PCT is happy...

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #2,087 of 11,472

Diversity is good for us. 
beyersmile.png

As an Audirvana Plus 3 fan, I'll stay with my iMac 27".

Look at my beautiful Audirvana player.

and a lovely looking iMac. Elise and Euforia have the same design philosophy. Less is more. 

I am so glad I don't even have a clue as to what you are taking about. They don't call me PCtazhp for nothing

I'm not the one bidding on the Ken Rad. I want a pair of those TS round plates. I haven't had a recent spiritual rehabilitation like you, but I have been enjoying my standard, original issue TS6SN7s. Seems coming back to 6SN7s may be like Gulliver who traveled all over the world and then found what he had always been looking for right in his back yard. At least I think that's what happened to him and I think that may apply here. If not, please consider it a congratulations on your new backyard deck
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #2,088 of 11,472
Wow,! what's up with Gulliver? I must have missed something, last things I saw was him lying down all tied up, I think that was when I slipped off into a fantasy or something!

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #2,089 of 11,472
NIce sound on this version, GLen Frey

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #2,090 of 11,472
  Wow,! what's up with Gulliver? I must have missed something, last things I saw was him lying down all tied up, I think that was when I slipped off into a fantasy or something!

Sure you're not thinking of Rip Van Winkle? How many years were you sleeping in that fantasy or something???

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #2,092 of 11,472
Originally Posted by pctazhp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so glad I don't even have a clue as to what you are taking about. They don't call me PCtazhp for nothing

I'm not the one bidding on the Ken Rad. I want a pair of those TS round plates. I haven't had a recent spiritual rehabilitation like you, but I have been enjoying my standard, original issue TS6SN7s. Seems coming back to 6SN7s may be like Gulliver who traveled all over the world and then found what he had always been looking for right in his back yard. At least I think that's what happened to him and I think that may apply here. If not, please consider it a congratulations on your new backyard deck
beerchug.gif

So that's what PC means. I thought it's Phil Collins all this while. 
biggrin.gif

Which Tung Sol 6SN7 are you referring to? 

I'm looking to buy a pair of Tung Sol 6SN7gtb after reading this... from the 6SN7 Reference thread

Tung-Sol White Label 6SN7GTB (1960s vintage)

[3 versions: a. top D-getter, tall bottle b. top O-getter, tall bottle c. short bottle. ALL VERSIONS have triangular black plates, black base, white labels.] [There are also a number of Tungsol branded GTB's with flat ribbed plates that are rebrands from other makers, particularly RCA. All Tungsol GTB's after the tri-plate short bottle version are rebrands of inferior quality.]

“Very fast, clean and dynamic. Excellent bandwidth, good harmonic structure. A little too analytical and it sounds better mixed with some of the more musical tubes Very good driver tube and likes to be mixed with RCA bottom getter 6SN7.” -Chimera

“The Tung Sol 6SN7GTB is a nice tube. Good clear sound.” –Hirsch

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #2,093 of 11,472

So that's what PC means. I thought it's Phil Collins all this while. 
biggrin.gif

Which Tung Sol 6SN7 are you referring to? 

I'm looking to buy a pair of Tung Sol 6SN7gtb after reading this... from the 6SN7 Reference thread

Tung-Sol White Label 6SN7GTB (1960s vintage)

[3 versions: a. top D-getter, tall bottle b. top O-getter, tall bottle c. short bottle. ALL VERSIONS have triangular black plates, black base, white labels.] [There are also a number of Tungsol branded GTB's with flat ribbed plates that are rebrands from other makers, particularly RCA. All Tungsol GTB's after the tri-plate short bottle version are rebrands of inferior quality.]

“Very fast, clean and dynamic. Excellent bandwidth, good harmonic structure. A little too analytical and it sounds better mixed with some of the more musical tubes Very good driver tube and likes to be mixed with RCA bottom getter 6SN7.” -Chimera

“The Tung Sol 6SN7GTB is a nice tube. Good clear sound.” –Hirsch

I don't really know. I have 2 pairs of them, but don't remember where or how I got them. This is what they look like:

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #2,094 of 11,472
Yes that's what I'm looking for. I can't see your top getter. Looks 'O' or 'D' but both fits the descriptions above and should be good.

This is another picture of one with a 'D' horseshoe top getter.

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #2,095 of 11,472
  Yes that's what I'm looking for. I can't see your top getter. Looks 'O' or 'D' but both fits the descriptions above and should be good.

This is another picture of one with a 'D' horeshoe top getter.

I really can't tell about the getter. On top it's labeled 6SN7 GTB if that means anything. They sound very good to me. Probably better than my Sylvania Gold Brand 6SN7WGT NOS Brown Base Black Plate Vacuum Tubes that I paid $150 for. I get very confused about the different TS and Sylvania versions of 6SN7 tubes.

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #2,096 of 11,472
6SN7GTB are more recent NOS tube. GT is older, followed by GTA then GTB. However these Tung Sol 6sn7gtb are still 60s vintage - it's old enough 
biggrin.gif

The getter is the antenna looking thing under the chrome part of the top. Have a look at it. It's either circular or a 'D' shape. It doesn't really matter - both are of this period vintage and has good reviews.

I've decided to buy this pair. Looks very similar to yours. We need Oskari to tell us the year of manufacture from the codes.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #2,099 of 11,472
  Pct this is the getter I'm talking about.

Getter at the top

some tubes have getters at the bottom like this

Sorry. I've got chef duty tonight, so trying to keep from setting house on fire and checking getters!!! I looked at the two tubes not now in the amp and looks like they both have O top getters.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #2,100 of 11,472

We need Oskari to tell us the year of manufacture from the codes.

I wish I could but nobody seems to know this T-S code.

What? You don't know? Impossible.

Let me guess....  322 is Tung Sol id....  NC - who knows... North Carolina?  

No try again. 'N' is 14th alphabet and 'C' is 3rd..... so 14 - 3 and then there's the last 3.

Ok I give up. I think it's the enigma code - 322NC3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back