Feliks Audio ENVY
Apr 20, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #6,557 of 7,083
Wow, been a long time since I've heard of Lansche. Had my eye on a pair years ago but went with 803D instead as they were a bit more budget friendly!
Those speakers are the reason I fell for hifi. First experience in a hifi shop. Was amazing

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #6,558 of 7,083
I have the Buchardt A10s. Those purifi woofers are crazy. Good for nearfield if that's your use case @Somatic but I suspect the Dynaudios might well be better.
Which Dynaudios? thanks.

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #6,559 of 7,083
I had the humm also in my Envy after changing to WE300 the humm disappeared and with a new powercord it’s total silent
Good to know, thank you!

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #6,560 of 7,083
Which Dynaudios? thanks.
There are the Focus 10s which are supposed to be good but they are active. I have assumed active.

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #6,561 of 7,083
I have the Buchardt A10s. Those purifi woofers are crazy. Good for nearfield if that's your use case @Somatic but I suspect the Dynaudios might well be better.
I see the Dynaudio special 40’s listed as bookshelf speakers. I have these and would have thought quite big for that role, nice though and easy to drive. Anyways this is going off topic!

Apr 20, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #6,563 of 7,083
The slight hum that I'm referring to that might end up being totally normal remained even after changing power tubes and driver tubes. It may have gotten slightly quieter when I switched the tubes, but was still there. It is so minimal that most probably wouldn't notice depending on their hearing. I called Upscale about something else and decided to mention the slight hum and the tech recommended that I send it in although he said there was a high probability that what I'm hearing is normal.

If not for that, I would've been perfectly satisfied.

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #6,566 of 7,083
I'm guessing the KR HP tubes don't make the cut for the Envy?
300Bs have a lot of famous contenders therefore only few on these Boards have KR 300B

They were said to be on par with EML which means slightly below Elrog/WE/Tak but I have no experience of my own, to confirm or deny that

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #6,567 of 7,083
300Bs have a lot of famous contenders therefore only few on these Boards have KR 300B

They were said to be on par with EML which means slightly below Elrog/WE/Tak but I have no experience of my own, to confirm or deny that
Thank you for your response.
I have the opportunity to purchase matched pair of KR 300B HP tubes for a nice price which is why I was asking--so I figured I'd ask, but at the same time I really don't recall reading about anyone using the KR's--but rather the tubes you've mentioned above.
Thanks again, because as I've mentioned in my first few posts--this is the first time I'll be experiencing a 300B amplifier so these power tube choices are all new to me.

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #6,568 of 7,083
Thank you for your response.
I have the opportunity to purchase matched pair of KR 300B HP tubes for a nice price which is why I was asking--so I figured I'd ask, but at the same time I really don't recall reading about anyone using the KR's--but rather the tubes you've mentioned above.
Thanks again, because as I've mentioned in my first few posts--this is the first time I'll be experiencing a 300B amplifier so these power tube choices are all new to me.
If you can get those 300Bs at a good price my recommendation is that you try them. I spent most of my time up front investing in driver tubes and I've spent more on those than a pair of Elrog MOs. I went the non-tradtional route with 300Bs and purchased mine from a company called Sophia Electric. They make good tubes and they have studied WE and based their tube signature off WE's sound but added elements that they thought were missing. The name of the tubes I bought is "300B Clear Glass with WE Soul Inside and Out". They look almost identical to WE300Bs which surprised me that WE wouldn't sue for copyright infringement. Their Grade A matched pair is slightly less expensive than WE300Bs.

I still plan on getting a WE pair to compare but I'm not in a hurry because the Sophia Electric 300Bs sound excellent to me and clearly a step above the Full Music 300B that come stock with the Envy PE.

I've also read that the Linlai Global E -300B or Linlai Global WE Replica 300B are good as well. They are not very expensive but I have not heard them and have no personal experience with them. Hope this helps.

Apr 21, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #6,569 of 7,083
full music and sophia electric are variants of the same produced and manufactured tubes (i believe i read), although i understand the sophias are a different/higher grade.

Apr 21, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #6,570 of 7,083
I'm guessing the KR HP tubes don't make the cut for the Envy?
At the right price the KR tubes are appreciable. Just avoid the terrible types which are all the replica variants.

And do consider the AN4300E. This a great middle-ground in balance as a top-tier technician.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back