Feliks Audio ENVY
Apr 21, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #6,571 of 6,822
full music and sophia electric are variants of the same produced and manufactured tubes (i believe i read), although i understand the sophias are a different/higher grade.
I have read the same somewhere as well. When talking to Sophia Electric, they don't seem to agree with those claims today, but they definitely started out that way and their tubes looked just like full music tubes. They are basically saying that over time, their company evolved and started doing things differently. I'm not sure, but they do seem to be different and a higher quality.

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #6,572 of 6,822
If you can get those 300Bs at a good price my recommendation is that you try them. I spent most of my time up front investing in driver tubes and I've spent more on those than a pair of Elrog MOs. I went the non-tradtional route with 300Bs and purchased mine from a company called Sophia Electric. They make good tubes and they have studied WE and based their tube signature off WE's sound but added elements that they thought were missing. The name of the tubes I bought is "300B Clear Glass with WE Soul Inside and Out". They look almost identical to WE300Bs which surprised me that WE wouldn't sue for copyright infringement. Their Grade A matched pair is slightly less expensive than WE300Bs.

I still plan on getting a WE pair to compare but I'm not in a hurry because the Sophia Electric 300Bs sound excellent to me and clearly a step above the Full Music 300B that come stock with the Envy PE.

I've also read that the Linlai Global E -300B or Linlai Global WE Replica 300B are good as well. They are not very expensive but I have not heard them and have no personal experience with them. Hope this helps.
I am going to try the KR, for sure because run the KR 2A3 HP and KR 5U4G HP tubes in my WA33--I was just looking for some feedback on the KR300B HP. I'm also familiar with the Sophia Electric tubes from way back when I owned my WA6 and used their 274B rectifier tube. I appreciate all the info on the "300B Clear Glass w/Soul Inside and Out" tubes--these sound interesting and will look in to them as well as all the 6SN7 variants mentioned here on the forum which I've also owned, but again, this was way back. I note all the tubes mentioned so when the time comes I'll have choice of what to try.

At the right price the KR tubes are appreciable. Just avoid the terrible types which are all the replica variants.

And do consider the AN4300E. This a great middle-ground in balance as a top-tier technician.
Thanks for the heads up on the replicas.
The KR purchase will be made from a personal friend, and are authentic. I'm going to add the AN430E to my list as well. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #6,573 of 6,822
IMO the standard KR 300B-HP is a bit anemic and lacks any soul, BUT the KR-300B Riccardo Kron Anniversary Edition, on the other hand, is a great value (if you can find any). Those were my go-to tubes before the Elrogs arrived. I put those above the WE, Tak, and the EML's. Of course, this is my opinion, YMMV.

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #6,574 of 6,822
Meanwhile heard Elrogs for the second time with various driver tubes. Just nope, not for me,WE all the way.

Curious about MOs though, supposed to be smoother..hm

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #6,575 of 6,822
At the right price the KR tubes are appreciable. Just avoid the terrible types which are all the replica variants.

And do consider the AN4300E. This a great middle-ground in balance as a top-tier technician.
i have not heard much about this 300b..since you are my tube guru I ask how these compare with the elrog,tak and WE?

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #6,576 of 6,822
If you are not taken with the Elrog ER sound signature and prefer the WE, not sure that you would like the MO or TM versions.

I knew from the first track I was in the Elrog camp and, I’m time, went to the MO and now the TM.

In fairness I had planned on buying the WE but a warmer sound is not what I am looking for in 300b or drivers.

Good the WE are what you prefer and you can save your $$$!!!

@jlbrach,
@paradoxper is my tube guru as well. He helped to guide me to all that is Elrog and I thank him for that!!!

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #6,577 of 6,822
IMO the standard KR 300B-HP is a bit anemic and lacks any soul, BUT the KR-300B Riccardo Kron Anniversary Edition, on the other hand, is a great value (if you can find any). Those were my go-to tubes before the Elrogs arrived. I put those above the WE, Tak, and the EML's. Of course, this is my opinion, YMMV.
Too late, I've already pulled the trigger on the KR 300B HP as well as some 1950's Sylvania JAN CHS 6SN7WGT drivers.

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #6,578 of 6,822
i have not heard much about this 300b..since you are my tube guru I ask how these compare with the elrog,tak and WE?
They're akin to an Elrog-lite. Tak are very sterile and soul-less to my ears. WE too warm. AN4300 has a sweetness that works well through the midrange and treble.

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #6,579 of 6,822
If you are not taken with the Elrog ER sound signature and prefer the WE, not sure that you would like the MO or TM versions.

I knew from the first track I was in the Elrog camp and, I’m time, went to the MO and now the TM.

In fairness I had planned on buying the WE but a warmer sound is not what I am looking for in 300b or drivers.

@jlbrach,
@paradoxper is my tube guru as well. He helped to guide me to all that is Elrog and I thank him for that!!!
That's more an easy, no-brainer. Elrogs rule. TM are just something else. Something sweeter than.

I serve the people.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #6,580 of 6,822
Meanwhile heard Elrogs for the second time with various driver tubes. Just nope, not for me,WE all the way.

Curious about MOs though, supposed to be smoother..hm
Given I have a preference for WE too, but I do also love the ER Elrog. The MO though--take the difference between the ER and WE and take it far more in the direction of the ER. I bought the MO first, used and burned in. Took about 5 minutes once the new ER arrived to decide to sell the MO. The ER are warmer and have more body. Of course my ears and all that and I don't have a Susvara so no idea about that with the MO.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #6,581 of 6,822
Apr 22, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #6,582 of 6,822
WE300B withdrawn from sale. For the second (and last) time lol :)

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 10.10.35.png

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #6,583 of 6,822
Hi guys.
Does anyone have tried side by side the Susvara vs HE-1000se on the Envy?. What would be your take?
I am felling some FOMO for an Hifiman but cannot decide. The HE-1000se would be an easy buy, I have tried them already and liked its resolution and huge soundstage, a good complement for my collection, but wondering whether the Sussies worth the extra gold.

Last year I attended HE Munich where I tested side by side the Calderas (I own them now) vs Susvaras in the Envy (with Elrogs ER) on the Feliks boot but my memory faded out already (at that time it was not in my agenda to test that setup so I didn't put the required attention). I only remember the Susvaras being more refined with more resolution.

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #6,584 of 6,822
Does anyone have tried side by side the Susvara vs HE-1000se on the Envy?. What would be your take?
I tried those. HE-1000se sounds similar to Susvara on lower end chain, they are nothing alike on Envy. HE-1000se doesnt scale nearly as well and will keep it usual sound signature, Susvara will shape the sound accoridng to your tubes and dac. Generelly it will have more heft, more bass and treble extension, richer mids, far far more detail and texture.

You dont need Envy for Caldera, Caldera sounds good from lower end chains and scales very slowly. It has less airy stage than Susvara, is less refined, has less macro detail, smaller stage, but offers more visceral presentation and slightly more body to the instrument which can be perceived as more microdetail in analog music, the wood cup reverb adds to realism too. They compliment each other well, but when it comes to ZMFs something like Verite Open will scale much more with Envy.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #6,585 of 6,822
Given I have a preference for WE too, but I do also love the ER Elrog. The MO though--take the difference between the ER and WE and take it far more in the direction of the ER. I bought the MO first, used and burned in. Took about 5 minutes once the new ER arrived to decide to sell the MO. The ER are warmer and have more body. Of course my ears and all that and I don't have a Susvara so no idea about that with the MO.
Yeah my preference is only in regard of Susvara. It was just too much resolution and dynamics with Susvara with Elrogs for my ear, I like more smooth mids emphasis too on Sus which Elrogs just dont do. Saying that I liked Elrogs with Caldera and Meze Elite a lot. Thanks for the tip with MO. Probably a pass for me then.

WE aremore expensive or about the same as Elrogs for us here in EU unfortunately. I paid 1.7k for my (wanted them new because of the 5 year warranty)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back