Feliks Audio ENVY
Apr 20, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #6,526 of 7,020
Have you checked with DHL? They're usually pretty good for covering high value items...

Off topic, found out yesterday Thomas is taking orders for TM until the end of April. I'm sure those looking to get a pair will already know this but thought I'd share in case anyone was dithering...
Ah bad timing unfortunately for me or I'd jump on that. I have to (need to!) trade in a few things and upgrade to the MU2 which is now ordered.

If it was in about 6 months I'd jump on it. If anyone gets a pair in the UK maybe we can get together and compare with the MOs if anyone is anywhere near the South East. 😉

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #6,527 of 7,020
I’m going to conclude my adventure with a pair of TCs but bookshelves are great though watch out you’ll need a sub perhaps and it just gets complicated with room interactions. A nice home theater setup with speakers would be more my goal than endgame 2 channel - price to performance. Susvara on Envy is hard to beat
I wasn’t a fan of the TCs. Found the recessed mids too pronounced. Music sounded unnatural to me. Also the fit was annoying but manageable. I also preferred bass on the Sol P. What did you not like?

My office is on smaller side. So should be a little easier to room treat?

I have the kc62 paired with Kef eggs for time being. They don’t sound bad but I want to run my dac and preamp offf speakers

IMG_2563.jpeg

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #6,528 of 7,020
Ah bad timing unfortunately for me or I'd jump on that. I have to (need to!) trade in a few things and upgrade to the MU2 which is now ordered.

If it was in about 6 months I'd jump on it. If anyone gets a pair in the UK maybe we can get together and compare with the MOs if anyone is anywhere near the South East. 😉
If you can make it into the big city, there's a fair chance I'll send my pair down to Elise Audio at some point to let them hear them. Planning on heading down for CJ so may even just take them with me then.

Slight off topic, did you note much difference when you put the PSM156 into the system?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #6,529 of 7,020
TM should be shared with curious ears :). They are very nice. I feel they need to be paired with very detailed driver tubes to sound great.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #6,530 of 7,020
I wasn’t a fan of the TCs. Found the recessed mids too pronounced. Music sounded unnatural to me. Also the fit was annoying but manageable. I also preferred bass on the Sol P. What did you not like?

My office is on smaller side. So should be a little easier to room treat?

I have the kc62 paired with Kef eggs for time being. They don’t sound bad but I want to run my dac and preamp offf speakers

IMG_2563.jpeg

Beautiful setup! I just think it wise to go into it accepting your Susvara will sound better. Probably by a lot. And the advantage of speakers is the visceral subbass (and staging) which you may not get without a sub and then it gets tricky - speakers are tricky in any room though quiet listening helps. Yes I like buying headphones new but would get TCs used due to their eccentric nature. If you love mid range loveliness 6xx + TSBGRP is hard to beat on Envy.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #6,531 of 7,020
For those with TM's: Are they worth the upgrade if you have MO's? Do they sound different enough / better? Also: Is this most likely the last chance to get them or is Thomas going to make them every years?

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #6,532 of 7,020
TMs are definitely better. I think the decay is a stand out difference from the MOs. Notes linger much longer and dissipate into nothingness. That being said, I remember that the MOs might have a bit more treble energy and possibly extension. MOs bass in comparison is more polite. TMs seem to share more with the ER but upgraded in every way. MOs are good but TMs are better.

Worth the difference in price? All relative. I do worry if my TMs stop working or get damaged but Thomas mentioned he reserves replacements for previous buyers so hoping this is the case.

I would feel safer with a backup pair but that’s too expensive right now. Been buying less audio gear and focusing on house renovations now.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #6,533 of 7,020
Beautiful setup! I just think it wise to go into it accepting your Susvara will sound better. Probably by a lot. And the advantage of speakers is the visceral subbass (and staging) which you may not get without a sub and then it gets tricky - speakers are tricky in any room though quiet listening helps. Yes I like buying headphones new but would get TCs used due to their eccentric nature. If you love mid range loveliness 6xx + TSBGRP is hard to beat on Envy.
I got a sub. Not feeling like I’m missing sub bass too much with the Susvara + Envy. I guess I am missing soundstage at times. Wish headphones would have a wider soundstage at times. That’s about all I’m missing.

But good to know I’m not missing a lot. Other things I read was speakers is a whole different ball game and I was missing out.

I haven’t heard a good 2.1 after I’ve been entrenched with headfi. So maybe my ears have changed since.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:05 AM Post #6,534 of 7,020
Hmmm, thanks!
My brain needs to calculate if i want to go for the TM's, a closed Caldera, or even the Immanis over the Susvara once i'll hear it (i hope not, people say it's aggressive sounding which i don't need since i have the TC). Of course there's also the option for a May upgrade from the Spring. Grrrrrr....
At least an upgraded power conditioner doesn't make sense anymore after reading into it.
I think i will rather try to maximize the chain further than going for a new headphone, especially if i haven't heard it yet.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #6,535 of 7,020
I got a sub. Not feeling like I’m missing sub bass too much with the Susvara + Envy. I guess I am missing soundstage at times. Wish headphones would have a wider soundstage at times. That’s about all I’m missing.

But good to know I’m not missing a lot. Other things I read was speakers is a whole different ball game and I was missing out.

I haven’t heard a good 2.1 after I’ve been entrenched with headfi. So maybe my ears have changed since.

You have a pretty sick headphone set up. Get ready to spend 125000 to catch up to it with speakers

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #6,536 of 7,020
If you can make it into the big city, there's a fair chance I'll send my pair down to Elise Audio at some point to let them hear them. Planning on heading down for CJ so may even just take them with me then.

Slight off topic, did you note much difference when you put the PSM156 into the system?

I bought the Puritan filter more to protect the equipment but I think it has resulted in a cleaner sound with a cavernous black background.

Funnily enough some Grimm MU1 owners on Audiophile Style have suggested the device sounded better without conditioning. I tested that the other day but to my ears it was better with the Puritan in place.

Not sure how much placebo or expectation bias was in play though if I'm honest. It most certainly wasn't worse.

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #6,537 of 7,020
You have a pretty sick headphone set up. Get ready to spend 125000 to catch up to it with speakers
I was planning to spend $10k used :/ lol. Your deflating my dreams hehe

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #6,538 of 7,020
I bought the Puritan filter more to protect the equipment but I think it has resulted in a cleaner sound with a cavernous black background.

Funnily enough some Grimm MU1 owners on Audiophile Style have suggested the device sounded better without conditioning. I tested that the other day but to my ears it was better with the Puritan in place.

Not sure how much placebo or expectation bias was in play though if I'm honest. It most certainly wasn't worse.
I like the Puritan. Not going back. Added a bit more detail and engagement in my setup. Also the consistency of always sounding like I was listening at night was worth it to me. I also have the ultimate cable but unsure how much effect this has.

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #6,539 of 7,020

I added a PSM156 just recently and I can add as simple feedback - as the best compliment I can give - that the engagement factor has increased significantly - even with the modest 6xx headphones that I've been focusing on lately with my Envy (I need a break from continuous Susvara use). Whereas before I would appreciate 6xx on Envy - I'd kind of just want to move on but now they are simply ridiculously engaging in mid-range loveliness and detail. I believe the subtle clarity gains extend top to bottom but it is a touch more noticeable with the bass and treble. I'm still building up my system and will be adding more puritan power cables (focusing on classic plus for now). I actually haven't listened to Susvara with my PSM156 yet - but I'm hoping that that additional energy and engagement factor carries over there as well.

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #6,540 of 7,020
I added a PSM156 just recently and I can add as simple feedback - as the best compliment I can give - that the engagement factor has increased significantly - even with the modest 6xx headphones that I've been focusing on lately with my Envy (I need a break from continuous Susvara use). Whereas before I would appreciate 6xx on Envy - I'd kind of just want to move on but now they are simply ridiculously engaging in mid-range loveliness and detail. I believe the subtle clarity gains extend top to bottom but it is a touch more noticeable with the bass and treble. I'm still building up my system and will be adding more puritan power cables (focusing on classic plus for now). I actually haven't listened to Susvara with my PSM156 yet - but I'm hoping that that additional energy and engagement factor carries over there as well.
I personally feels it takes time to break in. After a few minutes months it becomes more balanced. Love that thing :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back