Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 12, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #5,716 of 7,305
Also the cable is probably the worst in the business
That's why they sell you a 3k superconductor! Isn't that very nice of them?
...or you just get a Forza Audio cable.

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #5,717 of 7,305
@Musicalhead as an Envy owner I must say that I treat Abbys as a very overpriced, poorly sounding headphones, especially with Envy. On the other hand maybe I do not understand those headphones and their design, and I failed to find a comfortable settings and be able to focus on music instead of trying to adjust the damn thing over and over again what is has been kind of floating on top of my head.

Nevertheless there are so many other better headphones with a lot better synergy (Susvara comes to my mind immediately) than Abbys that it keeps me wondering why selecting those for first session with such special Envy edition?
I think many people here disagree with you vehemently...my self included...I love my susvara on the envy but also love the abyss which sound wonderful

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #5,718 of 7,305
That's why they sell you a 3k superconductor! Isn't that very nice of them?
...or you just get a Forza Audio cable.
Or I just get a headphone that doesn't suck at comfort and without aftermarket Accessoires

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #5,719 of 7,305
actually the abyss is very comfortable if you are stationary which is no problem for me...the difficulty is if you want to move around..that said it is a wonderful HP IMHO every bit the equal of anything out there

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #5,720 of 7,305
This is just beautiful track on the WE300Bs.

Great film too..."Big Badda Boom".

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #5,721 of 7,305
Formally ordered the Envy AE now.
Going to find a way to possibly keep my Wa23 and it since the Wa23 is/was my favorite tube amp. But hearing the Envy AE at Canjam was a phenominal experience. The Vivo Egotista 845 did sound better but is incredibly massive. If you haven't seen it before look it up and you will see what I mean. It is also more expensive. I think the Wa23 might still be more warm. But the Envy AE gives a more powerful incredibly dynamic sound. Plus is more warm than original Envy anyways. This is also with them using Elrog tubes stock which tend to sound more SS.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #5,723 of 7,305
Going to find a way to possibly keep my Wa23 and it since the Wa23 is/was my favorite tube amp. But hearing the Envy AE at Canjam was a phenominal experience. The Vivo Egotista 845 did sound better but is incredibly massive. If you haven't seen it before look it up and you will see what I mean. It is also more expensive. I think the Wa23 might still be more warm. But the Envy AE gives a more powerful incredibly dynamic sound. Plus is more warm than original Envy anyways. This is also with them using Elrogs stock which tend to sound more SS.
I have a nice setup but I am always jealous of people who have such awesome gear!How do you find time to listen to all those incredible amps?

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #5,724 of 7,305
actually the abyss is very comfortable if you are stationary which is no problem for me...the difficulty is if you want to move around..that said it is a wonderful HP IMHO every bit the equal of anything out there
I have no interest is something that sounds amazing, but is a pain to get to fit properly and THEN you gotta sit still.This is not my idea of why I listen to headphones and often fall asleep while I listen into the early AM hours.

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #5,725 of 7,305
fair enough, different strokes for different folks thats why we have choices

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:03 AM Post #5,726 of 7,305
This is not my idea of why I listen to headphones and often fall asleep while I listen into the early AM hours.
Yeah, the 1266 TC is definitely not a headphone that can put you to sleep. But that's exactly it's appeal for those who love it.

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #5,727 of 7,305
Yeah, the 1266 TC is definitely not a headphone that can put you to sleep. But that's exactly it's appeal for those who love it.
1266 TC is what I describe as a weird wonky headphone that is really fun. Also has incredible bass that is almost speaker like.

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #5,728 of 7,305
Going to find a way to possibly keep my Wa23 and it since the Wa23 is/was my favorite tube amp. But hearing the Envy AE at Canjam was a phenominal experience. The Vivo Egotista 845 did sound better but is incredibly massive. If you haven't seen it before look it up and you will see what I mean. It is also more expensive. I think the Wa23 might still be more warm. But the Envy AE gives a more powerful incredibly dynamic sound. Plus is more warm than original Envy anyways. This is also with them using Elrogs stock which tend to sound more SS.
One of us, one of us!

Mar 13, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #5,729 of 7,305
Mar 13, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #5,730 of 7,305
Oh it's still available? I thought all of the unit already sold out 🙂
Congrats for the purchase 🎉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back