Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #5,612 of 6,869
gorgeous, especially with the towering elrog 300Bs.
Yes also with the Elrog logos facing rather than to the side! That's probably worth about €500 just for that 😀

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #5,613 of 6,869
with globes, is there any issue with the tube being too close in proximity to the 300B tube. the diameter of the globe at its widest point is much larger than the stock tubes, and the position of the power and driver are fairly close to each other.
I use the globes since at least 1 year, no problems so far!

Attachments

• IMG_6945.jpeg
    IMG_6945.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #5,614 of 6,869
I wonder what you have to say about the new design elements.

My first Reaction to the volume knob Cover was that I prefer the old style, however after inspecting it very closely now I see what they tried to achieve.

All the non wood elements Stick out a little and are more 3 dimensional. It seems they all cover the transiton between wood and non wood, so that there are no gaps whatsoever.

Comparison of stock shots:
feliks_envy_25th_anniversary_2.jpeg
envy_walnut.jpeg

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #5,615 of 6,869
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #5,616 of 6,869
Yeah, the new special edition does not have that sleak integrated design, it does stick out a lot. I also dislike the square behind the volume knob (it has rounded edges, but still). I am fine with both the markings of the volume knob of the new and old one, both look nice.
A bit weird that they went for non-black feets, but i guess you won't see them anyway when it's placed somewhere.
The only design aspect which i love is the rotated sockets (which as i said should be standard), but of course there are the insides aswell (and the Elrog tubes).

The more i look at it the less i like this:
yikes.png

It was perfect with the integrated round knob design, or am i wrong?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #5,617 of 6,869
Yeah, the new special edition does not have that sleak integrated design, it does stick out a lot. I also dislike the square behind the volume knob (it has rounded edges, but still). I am fine with both the markings of the volume knob of the new and old one, both look nice.
A bit weird that they went for non-black feets, but i guess you won't see them anyway when it's placed somewhere.
The only design aspect which i love is the rotated sockets (which as i said should be standard), but of course there are the insides aswell (and the Elrog tubes).

yikes.png

The sockets aren't rotated, the print on the Feliks Elrogs is.
On the Feliks site with regular Envy, when you look at pictures of the new woods, you see pictures with Elrogs, and these also align perfectly to the front.

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #5,618 of 6,869
The sockets aren't rotated, the print on the Feliks Elrogs is.
On the Feliks site with regular Envy, when you look at pictures of the new woods, you see pictures with Elrogs, and these also align perfectly to the front.
Oh wow, now i wonder if you can just ask Thomas if he can make the printing the same way if you order an Elrog...
(Not that i need a TM right now, surely i don't).
(No, i do not!)
:gs1000smile:

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #5,619 of 6,869
Oh wow, now i wonder if you can just ask Thomas if he can make the printing the same way if you order an Elrog...
(Not that i need a TM right now, surely i don't).
(No, i do not!)
:gs1000smile:
I will ask him for my TMs, but that will have to wait until I can actually afford them

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #5,620 of 6,869
There will no doubt be plenty of impressions coming from others today, but here's my thoughts on the Envy 25th Anniversary Edition!
Feliks did an awesome job with this.

If you're at CanJam NYC do make sure to give it a listen!

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #5,621 of 6,869
Interesting that they went for a full redesign of the dial faceplate.

It looks very industrial I can see the appeal of the new faceplate but not sure it works for me with more elegant glossy piano finish, a bit eclectic imho. Prefer the OG design more. Remains to be seen how impactful the internal changes are, hope someone opens both units to showcase and compares the sound signature with same tubes A/B.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #5,622 of 6,869
There will no doubt be plenty of impressions coming from others today, but here's my thoughts on the Envy 25th Anniversary Edition!
Feliks did an awesome job with this.

If you're at CanJam NYC do make sure to give it a listen!

so you actually used the new Envy with sensitive IEMs and no noise whatsoever?
This video hyped me even more than I already was about my order.

Thank you :)

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #5,623 of 6,869
so you actually used the new Envy with sensitive IEMs and no noise whatsoever?
This video hyped me even more than I already was about my order.

Thank you :)
With blessing 3 I didn't get any unless I turned it up lots with nothing playing. I'm sure if you put andromedas on or something you'd get some.

Its very very high SNR for a tube amp. But for dedicated iem users I'd still recommend a solid state device optimised for that

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #5,625 of 6,869
Ok, what does he mention besides the design upgrades:
1. ER300B's
2. Carefully selected PSVane CV181's, some top grade %
3. Output transformer has been upgraded
4. New custom power transformer which should be more silent
5. Upgrade to internal wiring (same or another step up from the Performance Edition? We don't know)
6. Upgrade to capacitors
7. Retuning of the preamplifier module

For my opinion:
1. Ehhh, most people that are serious into the Envy do have them already or MO's or even TM's.
2. Ehhh, ok. Still PSVanes. They are good, but there are a lot of different options out there depending on what sound you would like to get out of the Envy.
3. Nice! I wonder if the potentiometer is differently calibrated. Because i only used 8-11 o'clock, anything above that got way too loud too quickly (and i wanted Susvara etc on high gain). I solved it by not touching the knob at all, having it at a fixed 12 o'clock all the time and adjusting the volume on the preamp instead (the Spring 3 KTE preamp module is fantastic).
4. Well, my Envy was always almost silent, only with a few IEM's i could hear a transformer hum (which you can solve by using an Ifi Match+).
5. Might do something, might not do something. Probably the same as cable believers. Good copper is not necessarily worse than silver.
6. Nice!
7. Hm, i didn't use my Envy as a preamp, could maybe be worth it to some people?

All in all, not for me. But i also would not have even considered this version when it would have launched alongside the normal version, the financial gap is just so large.
Honestly, for that price the 300B's could be MO's or even TM's. Why not go all the way that is possible. But i suspect that the making of the lacquer finish is also not cheap.

I'm very glad he's loving the Elrogs! Yes, these tubes are most likely 80% of the sound upgrade!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back