Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 3, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #5,461 of 7,084
Delivery is currently scheduled for tuesday. There have been some hickups with Fedex.

I do have the Apos 6SN7 Select for Review right now.
Please do share your impressions on the reserve rays. If there new productions 6sn7 that are excellent can be as good as nos tubes is great. As highly sought after NOS is quite confusing. Date of manufacture, rarity, price, versions of NOS is just beyond my newbie brain.

Thank you

Mar 3, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #5,462 of 7,084
Please do share your impressions on the reserve rays. If there new productions 6sn7 that are excellent can be as good as nos tubes is great. As highly sought after NOS is quite confusing. Date of manufacture, rarity, price, versions of NOS is just beyond my newbie brain.

Thank you
I will certainly do so, however if my Envy sells soon, the Evaluation will have to wait until the Anniversary Edition arrives

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #5,463 of 7,084
Hehe a wise man. Stop dragging me into your hole you evil....

But you are right.
With all those ZMFs at least to my ears I’ve heard nothing better and have zero desire for other amps. A year now and I only love it more and more!

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #5,464 of 7,084
With all those ZMFs at least to my ears I’ve heard nothing better and have zero desire for other amps. A year now and I only love it more and more!
Only keeping Susvara, Verite Open and Atrium Closed, in the foreseeable future. Atrium Open sold today :)

If I go for Envy, it will be for Susvara.

Really curious about Immanis too though

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #5,465 of 7,084
out of curiosity how do people use the standby feature on the envy...do people basically use it to turn the envy on and off throughout the day or do people turn the unit off in the back...I have been basically turning the unit off via standby when not in use and if I am away for a while I will shut it off in the back..also during the course of the day if one is using the envy say for 2 hours and then is done until a little later in the day do people turn it to standby or just leave it running?...I appreciate peoples thoughts

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #5,466 of 7,084
I use the standby feature to turn Envy on and off. I only use the switch in the back if I'm going to be gone from the house on vacation or business. I also use the switch on the back if I'm changing tubes. I used to leave Envy running if I'm going to listen multiple times throughout the day but I would press the standby button after 7 hours to let the tubes cool. Now, I only leave it running for a maximum of 3 hours before allowing it to cool so if I listen for 2 hours, I'll turn it on standby for at least an hour before I listen again.

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #5,467 of 7,084
interesting, thanks for that..I wonder if turning it on and off standby is better or worse than just leaving it running..in other words lets assume I listen for 90 minutes then take a break..should I turn it on standby and then back on or just leave it running?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #5,468 of 7,084
My assumption is that turning it on/off multiple times a day is not good due to wear and tear which is why at first I would leave it running for 7-8 hours. There is no reason why I started only letting it run for 3 hours, I just arbitrarily shortened how long I leave it on before letting the tubes cool. I wouldn't let it run more than 8 hours before letting the tubes cool though.

Mar 3, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #5,469 of 7,084
the 8 hours is actually mentioned by envy in their manual..they suggest beyond 8 without turning off for an hour will harm the envy...I just wonder if turning it on and off standby several times a day can be harmful or isnt an issue...if anyone knows for sure I would love to know

Mar 3, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #5,470 of 7,084
That may be where I got the 8 hours from. I've heard from non-envy owners that are well versed with tube amps that it's not good to turn on/off repeatedly and that they wouldn't turn it off unless leaving for 2 hours or more between sessions. I'm not sure if turning on and off will hurt. l do it three times a day, when I first turn it on for the day, before my second session, and when I turn it off for the night.

Mar 3, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #5,471 of 7,084
I have heard over the years regarding amps in general that powering on and off repeatedly wasnt good but standby on and off was different...I used to own the bakoon 13r which had no on off it was always on standby so I was essentially turning it on and off repeatedly via standby since I could only turn it off completely by pulling the plug....I suspect the issue isnt harm to the envy but more of an issue regarding the tubes on and off...I do think the purpose of standby is to lesson the wear on the tubes

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #5,473 of 7,084
I’m a bit of an outlier.
I have my Dave, SJ power supply, M scaler and Envy on a Furmam power conditioner / strip.

The Envy is in standby when I turn everything on. At the end of a session I put the Envy back in standby and then power everything off with the Furman switch.

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #5,474 of 7,084
I’m a bit of an outlier.
I have my Dave, SJ power supply, M scaler and Envy on a Furmam power conditioner / strip.

The Envy is in standby when I turn everything on. At the end of a session I put the Envy back in standby and then power everything off with the Furman switch.
Is your fuman just surge potector function or has more features?

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #5,475 of 7,084
Screen Shot 2024-03-03 at 8.45.07 PM.png

I suppose it is mostly a surge protector with some marginal features.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back