Feliks Audio ENVY
Feb 3, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #5,252 of 7,084
You folks are a naughty influence. I just ordered the Telefunkens and the CBS tubes and I do not even have a functional audio system until next month.
Where is your self control? 🤣

It's ridiculous really we're always searching for the next best thing.

I will lose control later in the year.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #5,253 of 7,084
You folks are a naughty influence. I just ordered the Telefunkens and the CBS tubes and I do not even have a functional audio system until next month.
I already confessed, with my head down, to my wife. She knows there is no end to this hobby. And things could be worse.

Attachments

• 7d6bbdca750946d97c6577a771d65bca.jpg
    7d6bbdca750946d97c6577a771d65bca.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 0
Feb 4, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #5,255 of 7,084
on the topic of on/off order, is this what people are doing:

ON: DAC (fixed output) > khozmo acoustic passive preamp > envy > plug in susvara (then turn envy to 12 o'clock and increase passive until desired volume is reached).

OFF: pull susvara (after turning all volumes down) > envy > khozmo > DAC

Feb 7, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #5,257 of 7,084
Got some new tubes!
6SN7 Electro Harmonix New Stock (red/brown base with gold pins):
They are nice, the midrange is more forward, for the price they are very good, they will probably sit around until my expensive Brimars CV1988 won't do their job anymore.

PSVANE 6SN7-SE GLOBE:
These are truly magnificent! They sound U-shaped, with a very hefty and destructive bass and a very sparkly treble that lets electric guitars ring out way more than i've heard in any other tube. They have a nice big soundstage. These are a perfect match for my LCD-4 (and probably other darker headphones, its midrange is still so sweet and lush anyway). They are very detailed, don't have a lush and sweet midrange by itsself (it's still very good, not harsh at all, but clean and transparent) and are completely dead silent (as the Electro Harmonix too, i guess every New Stock tube is completely silent). They really reduce the the darkness of the LCD-4 a lot without being harsh at any time. Their socket is slightly larger, but it fits in the Envy. I just ordered 3 more pairs of socket savers from Deylan, since getting them in and out requires a bit more force, which i'd rather not apply too much of.
There seem to be also a slightly different version of them, the blue coloured globes, it's most likely just another coloured glass they used, but it looks even shinier. Oh, and they almost don't glow up, sadly. They also require a bit more juice to run on the same volume.

Another thing: Me and a few others are debating in the Susvara thread how effective a 4k TOTL cable might or might not be, i thought that i would rather ask Thomas about the TM's instead...
Question: Is the upgrade from the MO's -> TM's significant enough?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #5,258 of 7,084
Got some new tubes!
6SN7 Electro Harmonix New Stock (red/brown base with gold pins):
They are nice, the midrange is more forward, for the price they are very good, they will probably sit around until my expensive Brimars CV1988 won't do their job anymore.

PSVANE 6SN7-SE GLOBE:
These are truly magnificent! They sound U-shaped, with a very hefty and destructive bass and a very sparkly treble that lets electric guitars ring out way more than i've heard in any other tube. They have a nice big soundstage. These are a perfect match for my LCD-4 (and probably other darker headphones, its midrange is still so sweet and lush anyway). They are very detailed, don't have a lush and sweet midrange by itsself (it's still very good, not harsh at all, but clean and transparent) and are completely dead silent (as the Electro Harmonix too, i guess every New Stock tube is completely silent). They really reduce the the darkness of the LCD-4 a lot without being harsh at any time. Their socket is slightly larger, but it fits in the Envy. I just ordered 3 more pairs of socket savers from Deylan, since getting them in and out requires a bit more force, which i'd rather not apply too much of.
There seem to be also a slightly different version of them, the blue coloured globes, it's most likely just another coloured glass they used, but it looks even shinier. Oh, and they almost don't glow up, sadly. They also require a bit more juice to run on the same volume.

Another thing: Me and a few others are debating in the Susvara thread how effective a 4k TOTL cable might or might not be, i thought that i would rather ask Thomas about the TM's instead...
Question: Is the upgrade from the MO's -> TM's significant enough?
I have the blue 6SN7 and agree they're very good. I like them as much or more than the Linlai Elite. Not quite at the level of some of the more holy grail 6sn7 and compatible variants, but good for the price and for being current production and silent as you said.

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #5,259 of 7,084
Hello everyone.

It's been few months considering a few SS amps. At the moment I have a FluxLab Fa-12 that serves my needs. But I wanted some superior class A. However I can't seem to make a choice.

On the other hand, ever since I got the Feliks echo I knew my end game was the envy. So, next month or so I'm going to be ordering one.

Does the performance option worth it?

Should I be considering some higher end tubes? Or getting spare from Feliks Audio?

I always wanted first a good SS, so I do not start tube rolling or getting overly paranoid on losing the tubes I fall in love.

Any advice?

Thank you everyone ☺️

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #5,260 of 7,084
Hello everyone.

It's been few months considering a few SS amps. At the moment I have a FluxLab Fa-12 that serves my needs. But I wanted some superior class A. However I can't seem to make a choice.

On the other hand, ever since I got the Feliks echo I knew my end game was the envy. So, next month or so I'm going to be ordering one.

Does the performance option worth it?

Should I be considering some higher end tubes? Or getting spare from Feliks Audio?

I always wanted first a good SS, so I do not start tube rolling or getting overly paranoid on losing the tubes I fall in love.

Any advice?

Thank you everyone ☺️
I chose the performance version because I didn't want to second guess my decision later on if I had ordered the standard version. Most will probably tell you that if you're going to tube roll, get the standard version and use the savings on tubes. If you're not a tube roller or want to wait a bit, get the performance version because the Full Music tubes are pretty good and will hold you over for a little while.
I spoke to Lukasz via email and he suggested that the upgraded wiring is worth the additional cost because the cleaner the signal, the more transparent the sound. He also said that 73% of Envy sales are the Performance version. Whether the additional cost is worth it boils down to each individual and how you decide whether the additional funds are better used for upgraded tubes.
I have started tube rolling and there are improvements to be had even with the performance version just by upgrading driver tubes. I have power tubes that recently arrived that I will try for perhaps a more noticeable upgrade, but the Brimar CV4003 12AU7 tubes that I'm still burning in, added a level of detail, texture, and 3D imaging that I had not noticed with other 6SN7 tubes. I'm sure that when I put my Telefunken G73r tubes in the mix, things will get even better. I still do not regret paying extra for the performance version for my own piece of mind.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #5,261 of 7,084
Either get the performance edition and don't bother with other 300B tubes (at least for some time), the 6SN7 you can easily roll, there are tons of recommendations in this thread, or get the amp without any tubes if you want to spend the cash towards special 300B Elrogs (there are 3 variants, the cheapest being the ER, then the MO, then the TM). Other popular 300B choices are Takatsuki or Western Electric. You should most likely spend as much cash as you can towards a very good pair of 300B tubes and let them be set in stone while you roll some 6SN7's to find your preferences. If you swap out 6SN7's a lot, i recommend some adapters / socket savers, Deyan is making some if you're inside the EU.
Oh, and you might want some kind of preamp function, some people find that the Envy does not pair that well with very hot DAC's.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #5,262 of 7,084
Finally got 4 Siemens C3g with adapters and while they sound great, they all have a hiss, with one pair being worse than the other. For those with C3g in their Envy, is this just the way it is because these tubes have such a high gain or something? Anyone have any that are silent?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #5,263 of 7,084
Finally got 4 Siemens C3g with adapters and while they sound great, they all have a hiss, with one pair being worse than the other. For those with C3g in their Envy, is this just the way it is because these tubes have such a high gain or something? Anyone have any that are silent?
No. All my C3g are silent. Using either MrsX or Deyan adapters.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #5,264 of 7,084
No. All my C3g are silent. Using either MrsX or Deyan adapters.
Mine are MrsX so must be the tubes from Spain. I've had no issues with my other adapters so I guess I'll try another source. Still haven't tried pin cleaning which sometimes helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back