Feliks Audio ENVY
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #6,616 of 6,822
Don't give up on these hopes.
5 years ago they released the Euforia 20th Anniversary Edition, 1-2 years ago they then released the Euforia Evo which also received most of the internal upgrades.

Who knows, maybe there will be an Envy Evo in 3 years time 🤷‍♂️

I would love to hear his stance on the cable topic
It would be a short conversation unless you have a lot to say….

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #6,617 of 6,822
Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with Thomas about his thoughts on cables?
You mean headphone.shop Thomas? Nope? ^^

He sold me a Meze silver hybrid back in the day, as usual promoting it the best he could haha

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #6,618 of 6,822
Put these in today (UK Plug). No audible difference to my ears but I'll run them in then swap back to the original fuses. At least it doesn't sound worse. 😅

1000015718.jpg

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #6,619 of 6,822
Put these in today (UK Plug). No audible difference to my ears but I'll run them in then swap back to the original fuses. At least it doesn't sound worse. 😅

1000015718.jpg
Haha I had the same thought when I put one of these in my DAC. It's in a DAC where you are supposed to hear the most difference.
Maybe there was a touch more clarity but my thought at the time was exactly the same "well....it's certainly not worse!". :beerchug:

Maybe my ears just aren't golden enough to hear that but I must say different headphone cables do sound clearly different to me (depending on the metal used).

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #6,620 of 6,822
Haha I had the same thought when I put one of these in my DAC. It's in a DAC where you are supposed to hear the most difference.
Maybe there was a touch more clarity but my thought at the time was exactly the same "well....it's certainly not worse!". :beerchug:

Maybe my ears just aren't golden enough to hear that but I must say different headphone cables do sound clearly different to me (depending on the metal used).
A QSA Yellow into my May worked really beautifully. This echoes mixed results about fuse upgrades in amp.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #6,621 of 6,822
A QSA Yellow into my May worked really beautifully. This echoes mixed results about fuse upgrades in amp.
Absolutely! I'm not suggesting it makes no difference at all but rather I just didn't hear it in my use case.

I guess it has a lot to do with the unique circumstances related to each of our home power supplies. For some it's noticable and some not so much.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #6,622 of 6,822
We rewired the house maybe 10+ years ago so it's not as if I'm running off an old decrepit ring, plus IMO UK power is usually pretty good on the whole. I'll give these the benefit of the doubt, run them in a fair bit then swap back to the stock fuses. Only way I see of checking if there's any difference. DAC / Server are both using internal breakers so I 'might' try a Master on the end of the 156...depending on what I think of these. I'll also test the power cable with the SR in it on DAC & server.

And yeah, it ain't no cable swap and certainly not the HUGE difference that big review made of all the QSA fuses (and coincidentally HUGE difference in how light your wallet gets with each jump up the rung... :upside_down:)

On a different topic, Tak's & cv1988 are now sounding superb. Tak's were low hours when I got them so pretty sure that's them now coming on song. Mid's were a bit flat / recessed initially but zero quibbles about that region now. Sounds that good now I'm hesitant to cough up for the TM's today but will still go ahead. Either way I'll end up with two great flavours to choose from, the joy's of rolling!

Will also have a pair of RCA VT99's coming my way soon enough, adapters also on route. Possibly a set of Mullard ECC32's as well. Fun times ahead...

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #6,623 of 6,822
Absolutely! I'm not suggesting it makes no difference at all but rather I just didn't hear it in my use case.

I guess it has a lot to do with the unique circumstances related to each of our home power supplies. For some it's noticable and some not so much.
Didn't at all mean to suggest you were saying that btw :) Didn't even cross my mind.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #6,624 of 6,822
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #6,625 of 6,822

1000015718.jpg
I should also add they are supposed to sound better in one orientation rather than the other. Of course the fuse goes in either direction but I believe there is a "better" direction.

They do also require time to break in as well.

I must admit I did think I heard a difference (for the better) one way around rather than the other.

The only reason I only took my purple out as I knew I was selling the Bartok and thought it best to sell it with the standard fuse in place.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #6,626 of 6,822
I checked with the guy that makes my cables and he confirmed I had it in the right way. Envy I just guessed as the stamped lettering on stock and Purple is only at one end...(Think that was on top with fuse vertical, SR reads S bottom and R top)... (?)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #6,627 of 6,822
Apr 23, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #6,628 of 6,822
Melz1578 arrived.
Wow.
They are extremely good, i think even better than BrimarCV1988 or the TungSol i own. They are astonishing when it comes to detail, soundstage, imaging, blackness of background. While they are hyper detailed, they are not sacrificing musicality and natural timbre. They are not overly warm or lush, but in no way harsh, peaky, grainy, whatever term you might use for a bad midrange or treble. The bass is also exceptional, so much punch and dynamics. Combined with the MO's, the Susvara reached a new high. That being said, they are probably not the tubes that will help the 1266 achieve a sweet midrange. Oh, and they are completely silent.
After half an hour of listening, i messaged the guy i bought them from, because he has two more pairs of them, i will buy a back-up pair, the price is very attractive and the availability of those will certainly not get better.
Just imagine tubes like those new stock from a big reputable manufacturer with a warranty.

SPEAKING OF TUBES, i may or may not have gone for the_big_purchase in the end after all.

Man, i love tubes. This is one more time where i just sit in awe starring in the air while listening to music.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #6,629 of 6,822
Melz1578 arrived.
Wow.
They are extremely good, i think even better than BrimarCV1988 or the TungSol i own. They are astonishing when it comes to detail, soundstage, imaging, blackness of background. While they are hyper detailed, they are not sacrificing musicality and natural timbre. They are not overly warm or lush, but in no way harsh, peaky, grainy, whatever term you might use for a bad midrange or treble. The bass is also exceptional, so much punch and dynamics. Combined with the MO's, the Susvara reached a new high. That being said, they are probably not the tubes that will help the 1266 achieve a sweet midrange. Oh, and they are completely silent.
After half an hour of listening, i messaged the guy i bought them from, because he has two more pairs of them, i will buy a back-up pair, the price is very attractive and the availability of those will certainly not get better.
Just imagine tubes like those new stock from a big reputable manufacturer with a warranty.

SPEAKING OF TUBES, i may or may not have gone for the_big_purchase in the end after all.

Man, i love tubes. This is one more time where i just sit in awe starring in the air while listening to music.
Are you able to share the info for legit Melz if the source will ship to US?

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #6,630 of 6,822
Are you able to share the info for legit Melz if the source will ship to US?
Na, don't bother, it's "kleinanzeigen" which is ebay but only inside of germany.
Sad, i know, but sometimes you gotta have luck. I only now had the chance to buy Melz1578, i lived a (happy) year with TungSol and Brimar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back