Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Apr 27, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #13,816 of 13,846
Thanks for this. I have the Zmf atrium and they are incredible w the Elise. I had the HFM 1000s and much preferred the sound of them on the Elise over my SS amp (Burson soloist). Im itchin for a new toy and looking at headphones. Also toying w a Chord Hugo tt2. I’ve been intrigued to hear Meze. I guess if I tired them, I’d have to see if I liked them on my Elise or just use on Burson.
euforia Evo + atrium can easily be a final destination, and only from there. enjoy the music.

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #13,817 of 13,846
euforia Evo + atrium can easily be a final destination, and only from there. enjoy the music.
I’ve been debating if I should try something above the Elise and wondering how much better it might be. Any idea if the Evo is that much better than the regular Euforia? If I got an Evo, best to tube roll or damn good as stock?

I’m using kt88s (w adapters) for power tubes and playing around w various tubes for drivers. Currently some Sylvanias.

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #13,818 of 13,846
I’ve been debating if I should try something above the Elise and wondering how much better it might be. Any idea if the Evo is that much better than the regular Euforia? If I got an Evo, best to tube roll or damn good as stock?

I’m using kt88s (w adapters) for power tubes and playing around w various tubes for drivers. Currently some Sylvanias.
headfonia has just been tested by Evo, everything is included.

Apr 29, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #13,819 of 13,846
headfonia has just been tested by Evo, everything is included.
Thanks for sharing that review. After reading that and some more research, I contacted Upscale Audio about the Evo. They had an open box Anniversary Edition at a good price so I grabbed that instead since it should be about the same performance (mainly just missing the XLR and new faceplate. Assuming I like it better then the Elise, I’ll keep it and sell the Elise. If not, they have a 60 day return policy.

Thanks again.

Apr 29, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #13,820 of 13,846
Thanks for sharing that review. After reading that and some more research, I contacted Upscale Audio about the Evo. They had an open box Anniversary Edition at a good price so I grabbed that instead since it should be about the same performance (mainly just missing the XLR and new faceplate. Assuming I like it better then the Elise, I’ll keep it and sell the Elise. If not, they have a 60 day return policy.

Thanks again.
I loved my Elise but when I upgraded to AE I clearly recognized it as a major step forward, Will be interested in your thoughts as well.

May 15, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #13,821 of 13,846
Changing tubes won't reduce gain.

That's not true. Different drivers and power tubes have different gain or mu and they will affect gain.

6SN7 - 20mu
6SL7 - 70mu
12au7 - 20mu
12at7 - 60mu
12ax7 - 100mu

When you use 6y6, 6v6, El34 or kt88, they again have different mu and will invariably affect gain.

Jun 11, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #13,824 of 13,846
Sad new guys, My beloved Elise MK2 woke up this morning and does not want to play anything off the left channel. Tubes heat up, light up and the right side plays just fine. Not sure what happened or how to fix it.....

Jun 11, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #13,825 of 13,846
Sad new guys, My beloved Elise MK2 woke up this morning and does not want to play anything off the left channel. Tubes heat up, light up and the right side plays just fine. Not sure what happened or how to fix it.....
It would be unusual if something broke inside the amp. Perhaps a bad connection in one channel. I would start by pulling out the tubes on that channel and clean the pins and maybe switch around the tubes afterwards if that didn’t help. Good luck!

Jun 11, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #13,826 of 13,846
It would be unusual if something broke inside the amp. Perhaps a bad connection in one channel. I would start by pulling out the tubes on that channel and clean the pins and maybe switch around the tubes afterwards if that didn’t help. Good luck!
I swapped the tubes and cleaned the pins as well. Not sure if I should open it up and investigate. I have no electrical circuit knowledge what so ever. I have listed the amp for sale for parts in classified if anyone is interested.

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #13,827 of 13,846
Hi. Have you tried completely down powering amp and leavening so for a couple of hours. I had a similar issue many moons ago and that did the trick
Best of luck
I swapped the tubes and cleaned the pins as well. Not sure if I should open it up and investigate. I have no electrical circuit knowledge what so ever. I have listed the amp for sale for parts in classified if anyone is interested.

Jun 11, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #13,828 of 13,846

Yup you do that and buy Ultimate instead because I recommend it.

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #13,829 of 13,846
Since I purchased my unit from Upscale audio on Oct 7, 2020, I believe my unit is still under the 3 year warranty. Do you think i should contact Upscale audio first or Feliks Audio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back