Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Jun 12, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #13,831 of 13,846
Sad new guys, My beloved Elise MK2 woke up this morning and does not want to play anything off the left channel. Tubes heat up, light up and the right side plays just fine. Not sure what happened or how to fix it.....
I had a similar issue which proved to be a headphone jack mute relay issue. Upscale fixed it for me.

Jun 12, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #13,832 of 13,846
I had a similar issue which proved to be a headphone jack mute relay issue. Upscale fixed it for me.
IS upscale audio trustworthy? I have sent them 3 seperate emails as well as called them and so far not a single person answered or replied.

Jun 12, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #13,833 of 13,846
IS upscale audio trustworthy? I have sent them 3 seperate emails as well as called them and so far not a single person answered or replied.
I had thought so, although agree that is not a very encouraging experience thus far.

Jun 13, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #13,834 of 13,846
That seems odd. I’ve emailed them several times with questions about products that led to some longer chains of back and forth. I’ve had great experience with them.

Jun 25, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #13,835 of 13,846
I’ve also had nothing but amazing service from Upscale which I also just purchased an Elise MKII. The customer service I worked with in picking this amp out answered every an all questions within hours. Go to their site during workdays and use the little red floating button towards the bottom right to start a conversation.

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #13,836 of 13,846
Thanks for this. I have the Zmf atrium and they are incredible w the Elise. I had the HFM 1000s and much preferred the sound of them on the Elise over my SS amp (Burson soloist). Im itchin for a new toy and looking at headphones. Also toying w a Chord Hugo tt2. I’ve been intrigued to hear Meze. I guess if I tired them, I’d have to see if I liked them on my Elise or just use on Burson.
I purchased an atrium a little over 2 weeks ago now so waiting for that, but I also picked up an Elise mkii, I’m loving the Elise so far but what tubes are your favorite?? (Elise is my first OTL)

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #13,837 of 13,846
@shafat777 Did you have any luck with your Elise? I went to use mine today and I have the exact same problem but with the right channel. The tube lights up and gets warm but no audio... When I first went to use it the right channel's audio was really faint so I wiggled the tube thinking it was a bad connection. Hopefully it is just the socket that is damaged.

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #13,838 of 13,846
@shafat777 Did you have any luck with your Elise? I went to use mine today and I have the exact same problem but with the right channel. The tube lights up and gets warm but no audio... When I first went to use it the right channel's audio was really faint so I wiggled the tube thinking it was a bad connection. Hopefully it is just the socket that is damaged.
I had it taken care of under warranty. Now I own a Feliks Euforia EVO

Sep 10, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #13,839 of 13,846
I had it taken care of under warranty. Now I own a Feliks Euforia EVO
Thank you for the quick reply! Sadly no warranty as a second owner but I hope it will be cheap to fix. I love this amp and am seriously bummed out rn. For what it is worth, I feel like my 6SN7 sockets are very loose. I can put a tube in them and the tube has a lot of play. I wonder if doing this killed the socket. I reached out to Upscale Audio and we will see what they say. The EVO is beautiful BTW!

Sep 10, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #13,842 of 13,846
Let me look into how to do this and I will report back!

Some of these units had an issue with the headphone jack relay circuit board that caused one channel to go out. I had my Elise repaired and this was the problem so please do ask whoever looks at it for service to check this as well. It may not be the sockets at all

Sep 10, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #13,843 of 13,846
Some of these units had an issue with the headphone jack relay circuit board that caused one channel to go out. I had my Elise repaired and this was the problem so please do ask whoever looks at it for service to check this as well. It may not be the sockets at all
Thank you for pointing this out! Are there any other indicators besides loss of audio for this being the culprit? I will make sure to let Upscale Audio know!

Sep 10, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #13,844 of 13,846
Thank you for pointing this out! Are there any other indicators besides loss of audio for this being the culprit? I will make sure to let Upscale Audio know!
Loss of audio from one channel space was the only sign of this issue.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #13,845 of 13,846
Just received my new Elise, coming from Echo mk2, first impressions are great even on burn-in process :D

1704272138342.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back