Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Oct 25, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #13,158 of 13,846
  Yes. With 6 pack, gain is better than stock tubes. When I switch out EL3N drivers for 6SN7, 6N7G, gain drops. Switching to C3G is even worst. Above 12 noon, it induced hum.

Right, I understand and I more or less experience the same. Only difference is my 6N7GT's have the lowest gain of all those tubes, lower than C3g's which are pretty similar to my 6SN7's.
Maybe something to do with the particular tube manufacturer or connections. I'll check the pins and the adapter too. They still sound very good, I was just curious and I appreciate you relating your own experience. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #13,159 of 13,846
There's something about using 4xEL3N as power tubes. A drop in gain with other drivers other than EL3N. I mentioned this a while back when I was testing the various combinations. 

If the drop in gain is not a problem for you, it's ok. 
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #13,160 of 13,846
  There's something about using 4xEL3N as power tubes. A drop in gain with other drivers other than EL3N. I mentioned this a while back when I was testing the various combinations. 

If the drop in gain is not a problem for you, it's ok. 
wink.gif

Yeah it sounds great, notwithstanding the vol being at a higher point.

Sorry about your HD650. I lost a K701 the same way with a Raytheon 6080, a loud bang and left channel gone. Presumed it was an arc. It occurred immediately after I had powered up. The wretched tube was fine though and with different cans carried on playing as if nothing had happened and it's still okay.  Maybe it's a particular feature of 6080 tubes.

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #13,161 of 13,846
Probably only 7-8 hours on the "six pack" - and wow!
If these take 100+ hours to reach their full potential I'm in for a real treat!
Initial impression of air and space are now opening up and getting more and more detail too.
I think I'm a bit of a detail freak - especially when it's not at all fatiguing.

Pulled a double shift at work today so will take tomorrow off (or at least work from home) and get another 12-14 hours on the EL3N's by tomorrow night.
beyersmile.png

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #13,162 of 13,846
Initial impression of air and space are now opening up and getting more and more detail too.
I think I'm a bit of a detail freak - especially when it's not at all fatiguing.

Pulled a double shift at work today so will take tomorrow off (or at least work from home) and get another 12-14 hours on the EL3N's by tomorrow night.
beyersmile.png

GREAT, S67...you've obviously got your priorities right...but be warned, this could just be the start of a VERY slippery slope LOL!!
eek.gif
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif
...HAPPY LISTENING, nonetheless!...

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #13,163 of 13,846

beyersmile.png

I've watch @pctazhp  in his early days loving the 6 pack. Then I heard @connieflyer  and @HOWIE13 loving it with passion.

Now you....

Good to know I'm not alone in this universe. 
beyersmile.png

Oct 26, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #13,164 of 13,846
  I've watch @pctazhp  in his early days loving the 6 pack. Then I heard @connieflyer  and @HOWIE13 loving it with passion.

Now you....

Good to know I'm not alone in this universe. 
beyersmile.png

Well just to really make your day I am posting my favourite combination (so far) for the difficult to reproduce female voice. It's T1(g2), Elise, T-S 6080 with Bad Boys, fed from D1050 (thought you would like that) and CD6004.

Utter bliss: embracing, immersive, voluptuous, I feel like a kid who has just over indulged eating a huge chocolate cake. 
tongue_smile.gif

and as to what I've been listening to, for anyone who hasn't ever heard Lieder before here's arguably the most beautiful song ever composed:

Heil’ge Nacht, du sinkest nieder;
Nieder wallen auch die Träume
Wie dein Mondlicht durch die Räume,
Durch der Menschen stille Brust.
Die belauschen sie mit Lust;
Rufen, wenn der Tag erwacht:
Kehre wieder, heil’ge Nacht!
Holde Träume, kehret wieder!

Holy night, you sink down;
The dreams flow down, too,
Like your moonlight through the rooms,
Through the people's silent chests.
They listen softly with desire;
They call, when day awakens:
Come back, holy night!
Sweet dreams, come back!

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #13,166 of 13,846
That's a delicious combo Howie. :)

So you got the T1 G2. Nice.

Yes and it exceeds my expectations. So involving and comfy, you forget you're using cans. 5 year warranty too.

I still use 6 pack for the big stuff- orchestral, massed choirs and all that kind of thing because of it's very big sound-stage and excellent imaging.
beyersmile.png

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #13,169 of 13,846
  Have you also had the T1G1 @HOWIE13?
Curious how they compare, especially via Elise. 

Oh no, that really would be excessive self-indulgence.
biggrin.gif

I was attracted by the removable cable and the reviews saying g2 had a bit more in the bass and a slightly less prominent treble, though doubtless with all the tubes we have available to chose from I'm sure Elise would adapt to the g1 if it didn't suit. 
To be honest I'm sure g1 would have been good for me too. I don't think, from what I've read, there is that much of a difference between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back