Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Feb 29, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #8,386 of 13,856
I am told that if a tube goes bad in the Atmasphere you would not notice it......

Blue Hawaii - only 4 tubes:

bhse_gray_high.jpg

The price is $5,600.00

The Atma-sphere MA3 is in the $40,000 range/pair.

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #8,389 of 13,856

Even more impressive "in the flesh", mordy....deeelicious, lol
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Please stop posting centerfold amps like these, or upgraditis will hit me before I even received my Elise
triportsad.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #8,391 of 13,856

Please stop posting centerfold amps like these, or upgraditis will hit me before I even received my Elise
triportsad.gif

Fear not, arie...Elise will deliver utmost satisfaction...guaranteed!!
biggrin.gif
...(I drool over Bentley limousines, but for the money?...my Volvo wins hands down!!
bigsmile_face.gif
)...

ps. Must add however...Elise is not as boring as my trusty Volvo!!
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #8,392 of 13,856
The best Jazz sound through Mazda 6N7G and Chatham 6AS7G. However, I cannot go loud, there's distortion or clipping. Average volume listening is least fatiguing
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm in love with 6N7G sound for Jazz music. Mazda does not pair well with 5998 cause again, huge gain causes clipping in sound
smily_headphones1.gif

:beers: to all the lucky ones

Some time ago the idea was raised to replace the twin (parallel) triode 6N7G tube with two single triode 6C5G tubes analogues. That would require duo adapters, and was never tested. Reading the above, a single 6C5G could actually be a better approach: half the gain. Does this make sense? Anyone has two of these tubes already to try it out? The pinouts of 6N7G and 6C5G seem to be identical .

Even though I didn't hear the twin triode 6N7G yet, I still like to know if the single triode 6C5G would be usable alternative or not. Is there anyone knowledgeable enough willing to comment on that?

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #8,393 of 13,856
Even though I didn't hear the twin triode 6N7G yet, I still like to know if the single triode 6C5G would be usable alternative or not. Is there anyone knowledgeable enough willing to comment on that?

You would have to use (2) 6C5G's per 6SN7 socket, which of course, will require special adapters, already avail:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Dual-6J5G-6C5G-VT-94-L63-CV1932-VR67-VT154-TO-6SN7GT-CV181-B65-tube-adapter-/191530248252

:p

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #8,394 of 13,856
Guess I'm just showing off my ignorance here... The EL3N and C3G are also single triodes (better: pentodes run as triodes) and that does work. But perhaps here the adapters are doing the corrections to allow the use of a single triode as well?

Feb 29, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #8,396 of 13,856
Hi Everyone,

just got my shipment of EL3Ns from Peter at Acoustic Dimension. Really nice tubes in superb condition. The thing that struck me is the smell. Smells like the late 50s or sixties. There is that particular smell. These are very NOS and can only recommend them. Promt shipping, even if it took the carrier two days to finally ship it out of the shipping depot, but super quick processing, shipping out and packaging really is top notch.

Shame he only has ELN3s that are of interest.

Take Care,
WB

Congrats. Peter's price are still the cheapest and the tubes and boxes are brand new. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #8,399 of 13,856
  Guess I'm just showing off my ignorance here... The EL3N and C3G are also single triodes (better: pentodes run as triodes) and that does work. But perhaps here the adapters are doing the corrections to allow the use of a single triode as well?

Only one triode is needed per channel, so you would be correct. I believe it is possible to use just a single triode per socket in Elise. This is further evidenced by the guy (can't remember who it is now) who's running a single 6AS7G in Elise, and not two. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #8,400 of 13,856

Congrats. Peter's price are still the cheapest and the tubes and boxes are brand new. 

Yup very pleased. Wonder how he got that many of them in such fine condition. Well it helps being in Holland I guess.

Cheers
WB

I've 4 more coming, making it 10. My 6xEL3N has more than 200 hours now easily and sounding amazing with Gershwin and Friends on Tidal now.

I remember Lukasz reaction when I showed him the photo of Elise with 6 EL3N. He goes WOW 
etysmile.gif

Elise has been with me 4 months now and I've not tire of listening to music with a great selection of tubes (it's a moot point debating what tubes sounds best in Elise because I think there are a great selection tubes that sounds wonderful) and all genre of music. I think the T1 helps greatly here. Perfect combo. HD800 will be too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back