Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Feb 29, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #8,372 of 13,856
Hi folks.

Given recent comments concerning the 6AS7G I feel duty bound to bolster its position as an extremely well-respected and regarded power tube in OTL amps, lol
wink_face.gif

I present as exhibit an amp pointed out to me recently by @pctazhp - one by the acknowledged hi-end folks at Atma-Sphere : the S30 MKIII ($3,300)... plus the M 60! They have been using the 6AS7G for a long while now, and the fact they are still using it speaks volumes in my book...

The M-60 :

The 'humble' S30 MKIII :

And an interesting review of the S30 : http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/atmasphere_s30mkiii.htm

Hence my unwavering belief in this tube and the reason behind my suggestion for its use to the Feliks-Audio guys, lol
biggrin.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #8,375 of 13,856
There is another meet planned for Aug / Sept 2016 by the same organisers of the Can Con 6 I attended last Sat. 

@DecentLevi that's when I'll unleashed the 6xEL3Ns on Elise. 
wink_face.gif

I hope this time the La Figaro 339 will be there. This is one tube amp I want to hear.

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #8,377 of 13,856
http://www.atma-sphere.com/Products/

The S-30 (in H1's post above):

Output power
30 watts per channel into 8 Ω load
45 watts per channel into 16 Ω load

For UT's picture above:

Output power
500 watts per channel, 2-16Ω load before clipping

:p

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #8,378 of 13,856
  Only six? I bet you'll find a way to play more at the time :p

6 is enough. Remember the Blue Hawaii runs with 'only' 4 x EL34. 

Yes for those of you anxiously waiting 2 months on Elise, just remember there is a 8 months wait on the DNA Stratus and 3 years wait on the Blue Hawaii. :)

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #8,380 of 13,856
  The EL3N has a power output of 9W, whereas the EL34 has a power output of 25W. 

True and depends on what headphones you want to run it with. The EL34s are use in the Blue Hawaii which is electrostatic amp.

There is ample drive with 6xEL3N on all 3 of my headphones. As a matter of fact, it's not the number of power tubes. 7N7 with a pair of 5998 or Chatham 6AS7G drives my 3 headphones to perfection, even the planar magnetic HE560.

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #8,382 of 13,856
Hi Arie,

did you hear anything from Feliks, Invoice 40 is close to mine and was curious if you heard anything yet. Shame I just ordered some C3Gs could have found some nice ones and saved on shipping.

Cheers,
WB

On Feb 26, I got back that I was no 6 on the production order and that the wait would be a few weeks. I hope that means it will be March, but I have no idea how far the definition of  'a few' can be stretched :)

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #8,384 of 13,856
Hi Everyone,

just got my shipment of EL3Ns from Peter at Acoustic Dimension. Really nice tubes in superb condition. The thing that struck me is the smell. Smells like the late 50s or sixties. There is that particular smell. These are very NOS and can only recommend them. Promt shipping, even if it took the carrier two days to finally ship it out of the shipping depot, but super quick processing, shipping out and packaging really is top notch.

Shame he only has ELN3s that are of interest.

Take Care,
WB

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #8,385 of 13,856
Hi Everyone,

just got my shipment of EL3Ns from Peter at Acoustic Dimension. Really nice tubes in superb condition. The thing that struck me is the smell. Smells like the late 50s or sixties. There is that particular smell. These are very NOS and can only recommend them. Promt shipping, even if it took the carrier two days to finally ship it out of the shipping depot, but super quick processing, shipping out and packaging really is top notch.

Shame he only has ELN3s that are of interest.

Take Care,
WB

Yo, WB...top notch indeed - all you need now is an amp to put them in, lol!
wink_face.gif
  Let's hope it will be soon...
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back