Feliks Audio Echo (new budget OTL amp)
Sep 30, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 542
Oh, Beyerdynamic Amiron should make a sweet pairing with it as well then :)

You know, I kinda like how Audeze and Signature DXP sound with it, although now that you mention it, I was thinking what it pairs best with.

Do you think it would be worth to attach it to a speaker setup as a pre-amp to give them a little more tube in their sound? :)

Amiron are the perfect match, loved them with my Expressivo.

You can try it as a pre-amp, I've used mine like that before.

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #17 of 542
Hows the sound on this with stock tubes? I like tubes that relax highs some and give bottom a little more punch but i just bought a wa3 and now im getting tubes for it but id really like to give this a try since its hand crafted and seems quality but importing and tube rolling im looking at another $600+ is it worth it?

Oct 23, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #18 of 542
Hows the sound on this with stock tubes? I like tubes that relax highs some and give bottom a little more punch but i just bought a wa3 and now im getting tubes for it but id really like to give this a try since its hand crafted and seems quality but importing and tube rolling im looking at another $600+ is it worth it?

I think it is absolutely worth the asking price, but I do not think it will smooth out the treble, the stock tubes are quite linear in my experience, they don't really cut the treble, they keep some heathy sparkle, but they do give the low end some magic, I really like their presentation on an overall level.

Have not tried Tube rolling yet

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #19 of 542
Can't comment on tube rolling neither. Well, I had to change a faulty tube after only a few hours, but that happens. No big deal. To be honest, I didn't find that many options for the stock tubes that seemed worth it, so I didn't look any further. Even if the manual says what other type of tubes can be used, I feel somehow safer sticking to the 6n1p and 6n6p, which as I said, don't seem to offer a wide range of options. But I could be wrong and suggestions would be appreciated.

Still loving this amp a lot! But I doubt that I would spend another 600, if I just bought the WA3 (I used to own the WA6SE). Unless you want to compare the amps or you need a 2nd amp anyway or for some other reason. If it were me and cash wouldn't be an issue, I'd rather upgrade to a bigger one from one of these 2 companies instead of 2 entry level ones. Honestly, for what Feliks offers in terms of look, build quality, price, SQ and service, today, I would choose Feliks again anytime. Not that Woo wasn't good, I loved it, but the complete package of Feliks fits my needs more. And living in europe makes it kinda complicated to order from the US anyway.

Doesn't really answer your question, I know...but yes, the Echo is absolutely worth the price imho.

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #20 of 542
Can't comment on tube rolling neither. Well, I had to change a faulty tube after only a few hours, but that happens. No big deal. To be honest, I didn't find that many options for the stock tubes that seemed worth it, so I didn't look any further. Even if the manual says what other type of tubes can be used, I feel somehow safer sticking to the 6n1p and 6n6p, which as I said, don't seem to offer a wide range of options. But I could be wrong and suggestions would be appreciated.

Still loving this amp a lot! But I doubt that I would spend another 600, if I just bought the WA3 (I used to own the WA6SE). Unless you want to compare the amps or you need a 2nd amp anyway or for some other reason. If it were me and cash wouldn't be an issue, I'd rather upgrade to a bigger one from one of these 2 companies instead of 2 entry level ones. Honestly, for what Feliks offers in terms of look, build quality, price, SQ and service, today, I would choose Feliks again anytime. Not that Woo wasn't good, I loved it, but the complete package of Feliks fits my needs more. And living in europe makes it kinda complicated to order from the US anyway.

Doesn't really answer your question, I know...but yes, the Echo is absolutely worth the price imho.
Thanks i actually ended up buying the espressivo mk 2 and im gonna roll some tubes in it i suppose but id consider $600 tube amps heading into entry mid range not that it matter something like the valhalla and darkvoice sound totally different at only $300 same with little dot and considering 99% of what i do is gaming this $1000 will be my end game if i like the sound. Just couldnt help it the build quality and all impressed me and i love tube sound it makes the 600’s sound great for gaming ill see how the 660’s sound with them

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #21 of 542
Thanks i actually ended up buying the espressivo mk 2 and im gonna roll some tubes in it i suppose but id consider $600 tube amps heading into entry mid range not that it matter something like the valhalla and darkvoice sound totally different at only $300 same with little dot and considering 99% of what i do is gaming this $1000 will be my end game if i like the sound. Just couldnt help it the build quality and all impressed me and i love tube sound it makes the 600’s sound great for gaming ill see how the 660’s sound with them

I think you made a great choice with espressive MK2 as well :)

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #22 of 542
I think you made a great choice with espressive MK2 as well :)
Thanks most excited ive been to get an amp in a long time everyone that has a felik seems to love it gonna take forever to get here from poland but leaves me plenty of time to pick up various tubes. I will say i emailed their customer support with some questions they got back to me quickly and very helpful so if the amp sounds good ill reccomend them highly

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #23 of 542
Thanks most excited ive been to get an amp in a long time everyone that has a felik seems to love it gonna take forever to get here from poland but leaves me plenty of time to pick up various tubes. I will say i emailed their customer support with some questions they got back to me quickly and very helpful so if the amp sounds good ill reccomend them highly

Oh yes, Feliks Audio is a sweet company, and I think you'll have a great time first time seeing it in person :)

I was quite amazed by the level of detail in the work when seeing the Echo unit, how much care was taken for every component, and you know, Echo is a 600 USD AMP, basically, it isn't high end, but it sure feels incredibly well made, the components are good quality inside, the tubes are good quality Russian Tubes, and evberything seems to be working really well :)

Please let us know how you feel with Esspresivo MK2 when you get it, really curious to hear more!~

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #24 of 542
Well, congrats for that buy! By entry level I meant for the products of those 2 companies, not in general. I'm a gamer myself, but 1K for a gaming amp? Wow! But hey, why not? :wink:

Don't worry, Feliks shipped mine extremely fast! It took less than a week from my first email (questions which he answered fast and kind) until I got my Echo. Weekend included! So the only delays you might encounter will be your customs.

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #25 of 542
Well, congrats for that buy! By entry level I meant for the products of those 2 companies, not in general. I'm a gamer myself, but 1K for a gaming amp? Wow! But hey, why not? :wink:

Don't worry, Feliks shipped mine extremely fast! It took less than a week from my first email (questions which he answered fast and kind) until I got my Echo. Weekend included! So the only delays you might encounter will be your customs.

I was actually amazed as well by how Echo got to me, but then again, I am in Romania, which is rather close to Poland :)

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #26 of 542
Haha like i said man i love the tube sound im one of the weirdos they made the 600’s for i absolutely love the neutrality bass is there clean but not overbearing and the 600’s seem to scale so well with high end tube amps. I play some shooters but mostly rpg’s and as you know they usually have beautiful music and sounds ever since i heard that on tubes its been down the rabbit hole i went. Thanks for all your help guys youve got me super stoked for this amp i got the walnut finish ill be sure to post lots of pretty pics and try to update as i try different tubes how they sound

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #27 of 542
ECHO & ELEX..... Yeah. (E&E) both are European handmade .

Anyone have this setup? GO or NO go?

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #29 of 542
Echo absolutely go, Elex, I never heard them, can recommend Amiron which works really well with Echo :)

Yes Yes. I like the 250 Ohm on the Amiron. Most befitting for ECHO. Will test drive them at local cafe.

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #30 of 542
How the Echo would compare vs the Cayin HA-1A mk2 (a very good tune amp for the price range) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back