Feliks Audio Echo (new budget OTL amp)
Dec 17, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #32 of 542
I went ahead and created an item entry for Feliks Echo, so that we may share our reviews about it :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/feliks-echo-otl-tube-headphone-amp.23487/

Also, just shared my review as well :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/feliks-echo-otl-tube-headphone-amp.23487/reviews#review-21312

Feliks_Echo-Tube-AMP-OTL-Amplifier-Headphone-AMP-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-Photo-45.jpg

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #33 of 542
Great review George, as usual

I have decided to order this amp instead of the Cayin HA-1A mk2, less expensive and more beautiful, hope it will fit well with my Kennerton Vali (Beyer T1.2 is on my radar)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #34 of 542
Great review George, as usual

I have decided to order this amp instead if the Cayin HA-1A mk2, less expensive and beautiful, hope it will fit well with my Kennerton Vali (Beyer T1.2 is on my radar)

Thank you for your kind words!

I think you'll be really happy with it. I couldn't find any complaint, and I have been testing it for a few weeks, really solid piece of tech, would satisfy both someone young and wild, and also a more seasoned listener.

It should pair really well with Beyerdynamic Headphones as well, a streak of well paired choices :)

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #35 of 542
I can confirm, that the Echo pairs well with Beyers. I have the 1990Pros and to my ears this is a winning team.

Awesome review George! I agree with all you're saying. This amp sounds good just by looking at it... :wink: Especially I once again want to point out the fantastic service by Feliks Audio. I have ordered HiFi gear from all over the world im my years. This was probably the quickest and most uncomplicated order ever. Lukasz is extremely helpful and kind, before and after the purchase.

If I was in the market for a headphone amp right now, I would be seriously tempted by the espressivo just because of the mulitple inputs. But then again, considering the price tag of the echo, I'm totally fine with it.

Dec 18, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #36 of 542
I can confirm, that the Echo pairs well with Beyers. I have the 1990Pros and to my ears this is a winning team.

Awesome review George! I agree with all you're saying. This amp sounds good just by looking at it... :wink: Especially I once again want to point out the fantastic service by Feliks Audio. I have ordered HiFi gear from all over the world im my years. This was probably the quickest and most uncomplicated order ever. Lukasz is extremely helpful and kind, before and after the purchase.

If I was in the market for a headphone amp right now, I would be seriously tempted by the espressivo just because of the mulitple inputs. But then again, considering the price tag of the echo, I'm totally fine with it.

Thank you for your kind words, and I hope more people will get to experience the awesomeness of Feliks Audio ::)

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #37 of 542
I have just ordered the Echo at the promotional price of 399 EUR, I have debated myself with a demo unit of Euforia : Feliks Audio is selling one at 30% discount vs retail price (still with 3 years waranty).

Can’t wait to try the synergy with my Kennerton Vali, if I enjoy enough I’ll add a Beyerdynamic T1.2 to my set of cans!

Feliks Audio recommends a 2V input signal, so for my Mojo it implies 4 clicks down from line out mode (the Mojo then reach 1.9V).

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #39 of 542
I have just ordered the Echo at the promotional price of 399 EUR, I have debated myself with a demo unit of Euforia : Feliks Audio is selling one at 30% discount vs retail price (still with 3 years waranty).

Can’t wait to try the synergy with my Kennerton Vali, if I enjoy enough I’ll add a Beyerdynamic T1.2 to my set of cans!

Feliks Audio recommends a 2V input signal, so for my Mojo it implies 4 clicks down from line out mode (the Mojo then reach 1.9V).

To my ears, Mojo sounds great with Echo :)

I have a Mojo, and have used both it, and iFi xDSD to drive Echo, and I was quite pleased with the results with both setups, no issue as far as I can tell :)

Jan 2, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #40 of 542
Anyone here who can compare it with the Darkvoice 336SE?
Have been on the edge for getting a tube amp for a while, and this looks like a good contender. And imo it looks much better than the darkvoice.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #41 of 542
Anyone here who can compare it with the Darkvoice 336SE?
Have been on the edge for getting a tube amp for a while, and this looks like a good contender. And imo it looks much better than the darkvoice.

Sadly, I can't help with that directly, but it does look better aesthetically, and it has more tubes, and from what I can tell, also a larger power delivery, which, for a design like this, may mean that Darkvoice won't have the same no-background-noise that Echo has :)

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #42 of 542
Sadly, I can't help with that directly, but it does look better aesthetically, and it has more tubes, and from what I can tell, also a larger power delivery, which, for a design like this, may mean that Darkvoice won't have the same no-background-noise that Echo has :)

I agree with George, the Darkvoice seems far lower than the Echo in term of build and design.

Also from all the reviews I have read, the Echo seems a better sounding amp, but more expensive also...

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #43 of 542
The other threads are much more active than this, I guess not many yet have heard the Echo or own it.
Still waiting for mine and it will get here in start of february, they had quite many orders before the price change.

Anyone tried any tube rolling so far? Or are the stock ones great?

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #44 of 542
The other threads are much more active than this, I guess not many yet have heard the Echo or own it.
Still waiting for mine and it will get here in start of february, they had quite many orders before the price change.

Anyone tried any tube rolling so far? Or are the stock ones great?

The stock tubes are soo right taht you don't feel the need to try rolling them :ok_hand:

As for the reason this one thread isn't quite as active as others, many many people I know are currently waiting on their unit, I'm sure this thread will pick up some activity once they all get their unit and experience it, and be able to report back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back