Feeling lucky? A tour of our audiophile factory awaits
Dec 21, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #61 of 109
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Dec 22, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #62 of 109
I am in US and probably won’t travel , but given a choice this would be my first album to hear

IMG_1217.jpeg

Dec 22, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #64 of 109
Season's Greetings, Head-Fi!
ICYMI: A few months ago, we opened the Audiophile Experience Center (AEC) in our Tullamore, Ireland factory 🍀 Well, to celebrate the opening, we’re sending THREE lucky people AND their +1 to Tullamore for the audiophile experience of a lifetime. You’ll get to:
  • Tour the same factory where we make our audiophile line of headphones
  • Experience the HE 1 for yourself in our dedicated listening room
  • Meet some of the people behind the Sennheiser sound
  • Witness the real-time production of headphones made by our skilled team
  • Tour the Tullamore Dew distillery
  • Visit a local Irish pub
  • Check all of the above off your bucket list with some of the most devoted members of the hi-fi community

Here’s what to do:
  • Read the entirety of this post—the important details are below and in the links provided
  • Reply to this very post you are reading with your country of residence and which album you’d listen to on the HE 1 and why. Spare no detail or creativity—we're looking for the most passionate audiophiles to bring to Ireland
  • Click the below links for Privacy Notice and T&Cs
  • Of course, you must be able to travel internationally if required

Details: open to residents of the contiguous United States, United Kingdom, France and German residents only, and must be 18+. Promotion ends December 31, 2023 at 11:59PM PST. Winners will be contacted from the @Sennheiser verified account only via private message by January 4, 2024. If winners do not respond to prize notification within 48 hours of message, a new winner will be selected. By participating you confirm that you have read and understood the Sonova Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/3RSpLDL. Full Terms and Conditions: https://bit.ly/3GORKha.

Happy HD-olidays!

-

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest in the U.S. of A.!

Without a doubt, I’d listen to Peter Gabriel’s So in its entirety (the 2002 remaster). Carefully crafted, timeless, with many sonic innovations including shoving a diaper under the bridge in Tony Levin’s bass to create that muted “Don’t Give Up” sound.

1703261010855.png

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #65 of 109
Dear Sennheiser Team,

Country of residence: Poland
In the depths of my sorrow resonates a symphony of an unrealized possibility – the chance to hear tones that paint extraordinary soundscapes.
It’s the Berliner Philharmoniker under the baton of Herbert von Karajan performing Mozart's Requiem, an album harboring the melancholic "La Crimosa".

1703282198481.png

I dream of letting these very sounds come alive through the Sennheiser HE1 Orpheus headphones,known as the voice of angels and gods in the realm of audiophiles.
This longing, pulsating in my heart, feels like an unfulfilled dream upon learning of my inability to take part in your contest.

How wonderful it would be to let these notes flourish through your highest and most exceptional audio equipment!
As you remember, music is not just sound; it’s a flickering light in our souls. "La Crimosa" becomes the narrator of my longing, at a time when participation in your contest eludes me.

May this thought remain a dream, that someday I shall open my heart to these sounds through your otherworldly equipment, until then unraveling the truths concealed within these emotions. Your pursuit of audio excellence is like a stream of light in the darkness of my disillusioned passion for this contest.

I hope that in the brilliance of the future, doors will open for hearts from every corner to collectively experience the sounds of your devices and share the love for exceptional audio. Until this opportunity unfurls its wings, I'll hold close to my heart my cherished recording, hoping that someday it will resonate through a setup that tantalizes my imagination.

With respect and heartfelt thoughts,
Peter from Poland :cry:

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #66 of 109
From the USA. I would listen to Simon and Garfunkel, concert in central park live. It's maybe not the most hifi, but it is pretty well recorded and means a lot sentimentally to me as I listed to it quite a lot back in the day on my HD580s. I would also want to listen to something more modern, Colbie Caillat which is very well recorded due to Ken Caillat being involved (engineer on many Fleetwood Mac hits). It also would just be super cool to tour the factory and see Ireland (my wife is half Irish). I've never been and its on the bucket list. Headphones, and Ireland. Win, Win.

Dec 23, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #67 of 109
ICYMI: A few months ago, we opened the Audiophile Experience Center (AEC) in our Tullamore, Ireland factory 🍀 Well, to celebrate the opening, we’re sending THREE lucky people AND their +1 to Tullamore for the audiophile experience of a lifetime. You’ll get to:
  • Check all of the above off your bucket list with some of the most devoted members of the hi-fi community

Here’s what to do:
  • Read the entirety of this post—the important details are below and in the links provided
  • Reply to this very post you are reading with your country of residence and which album you’d listen to on the HE 1 and why. Spare no detail or creativity—we're looking for the most passionate audiophiles to bring to Ireland

Details: open to residents of the contiguous United States, United Kingdom, France and German residents only, and must be 18+. Promotion ends December 31, 2023 at 11:59PM PST. Winners will be contacted from the @Sennheiser verified account only via private message by January 4, 2024. If winners do not respond to prize notification within 48 hours of message, a new winner will be selected. By participating you confirm that you have read and understood the Sonova Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/3RSpLDL. Full Terms and Conditions: https://bit.ly/3GORKha.

Happy HD-olidays!

-

I'm from Texas in the US. I'd have to go with one of my favorite albums that I would love to see at its absolute best... and that'd be Daft Punk's Random Access Memories! I think I might get emotional and cry if I did haha.

Dec 23, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #68 of 109
Dear Sennheiser Team,

Country of residence: Poland
In the depths of my sorrow resonates a symphony of an unrealized possibility – the chance to hear tones that paint extraordinary soundscapes.
It’s the Berliner Philharmoniker under the baton of Herbert von Karajan performing Mozart's Requiem, an album harboring the melancholic "La Crimosa".

1703282198481.png

I dream of letting these very sounds come alive through the Sennheiser HE1 Orpheus headphones,known as the voice of angels and gods in the realm of audiophiles.
This longing, pulsating in my heart, feels like an unfulfilled dream upon learning of my inability to take part in your contest.

How wonderful it would be to let these notes flourish through your highest and most exceptional audio equipment!
As you remember, music is not just sound; it’s a flickering light in our souls. "La Crimosa" becomes the narrator of my longing, at a time when participation in your contest eludes me.

May this thought remain a dream, that someday I shall open my heart to these sounds through your otherworldly equipment, until then unraveling the truths concealed within these emotions. Your pursuit of audio excellence is like a stream of light in the darkness of my disillusioned passion for this contest.

I hope that in the brilliance of the future, doors will open for hearts from every corner to collectively experience the sounds of your devices and share the love for exceptional audio. Until this opportunity unfurls its wings, I'll hold close to my heart my cherished recording, hoping that someday it will resonate through a setup that tantalizes my imagination.

With respect and heartfelt thoughts,
Peter from Poland :cry:

Great choice!!! One of my favorite works of Mozart’s. I also love the “Lacrimosa,” too. Having both attending a live performance and having performed the Requiem in a choir, it really brings another level of engagement that connects me emotionally to that work.

Dec 24, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #69 of 109
Hi there. I'm in the UK and specifically Scotland. I'd really very much love to hear the HE1 using Joan Armatrading's self titled album. If it could be the Intervention Records LP version from 2020 then even better in order to experience the full majesty of the HE1. This is a beautiful, emotional and delightful album in any format but the IR version is just simply the best and would allow the HE1 the opportunity to demonstrate that it is the best headphone in the world.
Just suddenly thought if a record deck isn't available and you can only do digital then I would go with Patricia Barber's "Clique" on DXD 32 bit download which absolutely soars and might even be better than the Impex LP version......maybe. If it helps I can bring JA on LP and PB on a USB stick.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #70 of 109
First, thank you for this opportunity. I'm a USA resident. I would listen to Andrew Lloyd Webber's, Requiem. The dynamic range of the album is excellent with a DR score of 12 on CD. There are some shocking moments in the album which really pulls on your emotions.

The album was written for his father that had died that year as well as a tragic story about a Cambodian Boy who had to choose between his own life or his sister's. The album won a Grammy award in 1986 under the Classical Contemporary Composition category. I play the cello in a philharmonic orchestra and really listen to the accuracy in classical music pieces and find many classical music pushes the boundaries of speakers and headphones in terms of dynamic range.

The album has a full chorus, three soloists (tenor, soprano, treble) an orchestra that includes organ, drum kit, and amazingly a synthesizer. The album also features Sarah Brightman who has a beautiful voice as well as Placedo Domingo. The album was recorded in the famous Abbey Road Studios and debuted in New York in 1985. They used a tree mic setup above the conductor to record the piece. As with many classical music with a wide dynamic range, it's more difficult to deal with clipping when brass and loud chorus comes in. In this album if you listen to Offertorium at 3:57 you will hear a bit of clipping at that point. Also if you listen carefully you will hear movement from the orchestra and other slight background noises throughout the album. It really brings you into the studio with all the very slight imperfections when recording live with a full orchestra and chorus.

Sounds very interesting.
I cannot find it on Qobuz or Tidal, is it not available there?
Thx

P.S. Merry Christmas to all!

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #71 of 109
Country of Residence - Germany

Chosen Album - Savage Sinusoid - Igorrr

Because I have yet to hear a headphone that does this album justice.
The range of genres and complexity requires the most transportative headgear.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #72 of 109

Here’s what to do:

Happy HD-olidays!

-

USA. I'd listen to Utada's FANTOME album, especially the collaboration track with Shiina Ringo, due to the wonderfully complex blend of vocals and instruments in the songs she comes up with, songs that reward multiple listenings with the best headphones.

Dec 26, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #73 of 109
Hello,

I live in Germany and am a big fan of Alicia Keys
I would definitely want to listen to "Songs in a Minor" as an album as a high end product.
Because there is so much soul in her voice and she is accompanied by a good sense of a lot of instrumental music with her band.
And the composition is just a dream of the album in the way music was made and mixed in the recording studio back then is just oldschhool in place.
They actually made music back then and didn't generate instruments on the computer.
All in all, I like music of this kind where you can hear the true sound of the instruments and it flows into the music.
Unfortunately, this is almost never the case nowadays when music is produced.
A lot of it sounds artificially produced and distorts the composition.
Besides Alicia Keys, I listen to a lot of R&B from the older era because there are always instruments to discover where you wouldn't believe that it's instrument X that sounds so good.
And also because of the actual vocals, which are sung softly and with a lot of feeling.
You can easily recognise who can sing and who can't.
Tamia, Toni Braxton, Whitney Housten, Anita Baker, Angie Stone, Maria Carey, Keyshia Cole, Blu Cantrell, 112, Boyz two Men, Luther Vandross, John Legend, to name a few, are of course more.

But I'm also open to rock and pop, it's not like that.
Racy guitars, drums or the smoky voice of the singer is also pleasant to listen to.
Guano Apes, old Linkin Park songs, Disturbed, Metallica, Rage against the Machine, Creed, Nirvana, Audioslave to name a few.

I'm also a self-confessed whisky drinker, which I like to do when I'm listening to music to relax.
Apart from that, it would also be great to understand Sennheiser products better and get first-hand information.
A trip like this would of course be great and something to keep in your heart if you are invited.
And fingers crossed for everyone and good luck to the other participants.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back