Feeling lucky? A tour of our audiophile factory awaits
Dec 20, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #16 of 109
US - A Rachel Hardy/So Hyang Playist.

Dec 20, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #17 of 109
Season's Greetings, Head-Fi!
ICYMI: A few months ago, we opened the Audiophile Experience Center (AEC) in our Tullamore, Ireland factory 🍀 Well, to celebrate the opening, we’re sending THREE lucky people AND their +1 to Tullamore for the audiophile experience of a lifetime. You’ll get to:
  • Tour the same factory where we make our audiophile line of headphones
  • Experience the HE 1 for yourself in our dedicated listening room
  • Meet some of the people behind the Sennheiser sound
  • Witness the real-time production of headphones made by our skilled team
  • Tour the Tullamore Dew distillery
  • Visit a local Irish pub
  • Check all of the above off your bucket list with some of the most devoted members of the hi-fi community

Here’s what to do:
  • Read the entirety of this post—the important details are below and in the links provided
  • Reply to this very post you are reading with your country of residence and which album you’d listen to on the HE 1 and why. Spare no detail or creativity—we're looking for the most passionate audiophiles to bring to Ireland
  • Click the below links for Privacy Notice and T&Cs
  • Of course, you must be able to travel internationally if required

Details: open to residents of the contiguous United States, United Kingdom, France and German residents only, and must be 18+. Promotion ends December 31, 2023 at 11:59PM PST. Winners will be contacted from the @Sennheiser verified account only via private message by January 4, 2024. If winners do not respond to prize notification within 48 hours of message, a new winner will be selected. By participating you confirm that you have read and understood the Sonova Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/3RSpLDL. Full Terms and Conditions: https://bit.ly/3GORKha.

Happy HD-olidays!

-

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #18 of 109
ICYMI: A few months ago, we opened the Audiophile Experience Center (AEC) in our Tullamore, Ireland factory 🍀 Well, to celebrate the opening, we’re sending THREE lucky people AND their +1 to Tullamore for the audiophile experience of a lifetime. You’ll get to:
  • Check all of the above off your bucket list with some of the most devoted members of the hi-fi community

Here’s what to do:
  • Read the entirety of this post—the important details are below and in the links provided
  • Reply to this very post you are reading with your country of residence and which album you’d listen to on the HE 1 and why. Spare no detail or creativity—we're looking for the most passionate audiophiles to bring to Ireland

Details: open to residents of the contiguous United States, United Kingdom, France and German residents only, and must be 18+. Promotion ends December 31, 2023 at 11:59PM PST. Winners will be contacted from the @Sennheiser verified account only via private message by January 4, 2024. If winners do not respond to prize notification within 48 hours of message, a new winner will be selected. By participating you confirm that you have read and understood the Sonova Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/3RSpLDL. Full Terms and Conditions: https://bit.ly/3GORKha.

Happy HD-olidays!

-

Country of Residence: United States
Album of choice for the HE 1: John Mayer's Continuum. I am very familiar with this album as I helped work on the album with John Alagia, the producer. I would love to hear this album on the HE 1 to rediscover this old album in a new light. I feel like I've heard this album from the studio through almost every medium except something as grand as the HE 1. I would cherish this opportunity.

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #19 of 109

Here’s what to do:

Happy HD-olidays!

-

I live in New York State in the United States of America. I want to hear the Brian Eno release The Skies, They Shift Like Chords as close to inside my head as possible.

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #20 of 109
Dear Sennheiser,

As an avid music lover in the US, I'm thrilled at the prospect of experiencing Radiohead's "Kid A" on the HE1 at Sennheiser's factory in Ireland. The album's genre-defying sound, paired with the HE1's renowned clarity and precision, promises an unmatched sonic adventure.

I've always admired Sennheiser's commitment to audio excellence, and the chance to listen to "Kid A" on their flagship HE1 system is a dream. The album's experimental nature, coupled with the HE1's ability to capture nuanced details, would undoubtedly offer a transformative listening experience.

Moreover, the opportunity to explore Sennheiser's factory in Ireland adds an extra layer of excitement. It would be an honor to witness firsthand the craftsmanship behind the tools that bring music to life.

Thank you for considering my entry. I'm eager at the prospect of immersing myself in the sounds of "Kid A" through Sennheiser's extraordinary HE1 system in the beautiful setting of Ireland.

Sincerely,

Tameral

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #21 of 109

Here’s what to do:

Happy HD-olidays!

-

Dear Sennheiser,

Thank you for this opportunity!

Country of residence: United States

Which album I would be listening to on the HE 1: "Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch" by Joe Hisaishi.

Why:

It is an album that I love, I listen to it all the time, and was beautifully performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.

Joe Hisaishi composed and conducted the orchestra (for those of you who don't know him, he is the composer of the piece Merry-Go-Round of Life).

On that recording, the timbre of the instruments sounds a lot as in real life, there is a sense of space and it is easy to localize the instruments, and the performers knocked it out of the park - playing with emotion in all the different styles that Joe Hisaishi wrote for the orchestra.

Lastly, it is a recording that sounds lovely on the HD800S and HDV 820 amp - and I believe it would sound awesome on the HE 1, too!

Thank You! And Merry HD-olidays for you too!

Best regards,
Jose Luis

Attachments

• JoseLuis_AEC_Photo.png
    JoseLuis_AEC_Photo.png
    716.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #22 of 109
I'm from Germany.
One album hard to chose but would probably
Love to hear Rezz- spiral on HE-1 the most
Very talented electronic music artist producer from Canada. Album is very well mastered.

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #23 of 109
I'm from the UK (England) and count myself lucky to have experienced the HE-1 system on two occasions (both at CanJam London). Both short experiences left me with the opinion that whilst they are not my personal "cup of tea" I can appreciate them from a technical perspective, and this leads me to my answer about what album I would want to listen to.

Sleep Token - Take Me Back To Eden, this is an album that has won multiple awards this year and enabled a once unknown band to end the year headlining the O2 arena, less than a week ago. They are a metal band but, Take Me Back To Eden has a huge variation of musical influences and blends genres so seamlessly it's a captivating listen from start to finish. From jazz to metal, trap to soul, it's a musical masterpiece and leaves me wondering how the HE-1, with their excellent transient response, will handle this eclectic mix of songs.

This is an album that has pulsating bass lines, soulful vocals, crunching guitars and excellent layering - a feast for the ears.

SleepTokenTMBTE.jpg

Thanks for this opportunity @Sennheiser and good luck to all entrants!
I have to listen to this one! Great pick. Did you see the new Drumeo video?

This made me aware of the band.

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #24 of 109
California, USA here

My favorite album that transports me to an intimate performance is Shelby Lynne's "Just a Little Lovin'".

The dynamic range, bass extension, and silky vocals from Shelby make this album an immersive experience as close to a live performance as possible to me.

The best part is that with the right headphones, I'm not evaluating the technicalities of the music or gear.

I just sit and smile at Shelby giving me a personal performance!

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #25 of 109
I am from the US!

I would probably pick Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life. I lost my mom this year to cancer and have many fond memories of listening to that album with her around the house or in the car, when she could still drive. Stevie Wonder blew my mind as kid since I just couldn't comprehend how someone blind could play all those instruments and produce such great music. In a way it kind of related to my mom still being able to do so many things for my brother and I, despite herself being disabled.

Didn't mean to get sappy, but! that is sort of what some music does to us :)

stevie-wonder-key-of-life-94f2bd60-8d1a-476e-9a02-36380a6d2860.png

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #26 of 109
Hi, I am from Germany too.
Thanks to Sennheiser for this opportunity.
A Single album is quite difficult and I would loved to hear my personnel playlist of selected songs from Howard Shores soundtrack of The Lord of the Rings movies 1-3, which would be 2 hours long. :wink:
I simply love this soundtrack and listen to it regularly.
But if it has to be a single Album I would chose Tigerlilly by Natalie Merchant, which is superbly recorded and also well known to me for al long time so that I always use this album to check out new headphones.
41YpXWO3sQL.jpg

P.S. Even there is no Sennheiser headphone listed in my signature, my wife and myself use an HD560s and HD58x Jubilee on a nearly daily basis for watching movies and TV shows. :)

P.P.S. And thanks for all the great album suggestions here.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #27 of 109
I am a resident of the US.
I am over 18 years of age
I can travel internationally

The album I would listen to evaluate the Sennheiser HE 1 headphone system would be Charles Mingus' Cumbia & Jazz Fusion, recorded in 1977.
Cover.jpg

This wonderful recording has long been an audiophile favorite and for good reason. The album consists of two long tracks. "Cumbia & Jazz Fusion" (27:58) and "Music for 'Todo Modo'" (22:18), both of which were originally composed as film soundtracks. What makes this recording so special and so perfect for auditioning audio equipment is the variety of sounds and instrumentation within each composition and captured to perfection by Atlantic recording engineer Bobby Warner.

The first track, and really the only track one needs to listen to during an audition, "Cumbia & Jazz Fusion" opens quietly with the some bird calls and whistles and slowly increases in volume. The beat of a conga drum is added to the mix along with chanting, some small percussion instruments and several flutes. The music slowly builds in intensity and then gradually shifts as the volume goes back down. Mingus' bass enters, front and center, which offers one the chance to hear whether the HE 1 reproduce acoustic bass with correct the tone and body. The instruments again increase in number and volume giving one the opportunity to hear how well the headphones can handle the micro-dynamics of the small instruments and space around them. At 5:00 the music makes one of its many shifts as a full jazz ensemble enters with the bass line continuing to tie everything together. This section features many instruments playing at once and only the most resolving audio systems present each instrument clearly against this dense musical background.

Another big shift occurs around 11 minutes in as the instruments drop away leaving only a piano playing, another torture test of any audio system. Another gradual shift as the bass reenters along with a trumpet and Dannie Richmond drums. Several minutes of loose swinging jazz give away to a percussion and drums jam, another test for an audio system to see if the percussive attacks are clean and clearly defined. At 19 minutes Mingus and company add some vocals and music becomes very loose and free. The bass is used once again to transition to another section of straight ahead big band jazz highlighting Mingus' unique arrangements. Only the finest of audio systems can reproduce this section with the correct clarity and space to keep the music from sounding cluttered. This fascinating musical journey until the sound just slowly fades away.

Cumbia & Jazz Fusion is a truly an amazing jazz journey, one that I've enjoyed countless times over the years and one that, hopefully, I will get to experience in Ireland while listening to HE 1. Thank you for offering us the chance to do just that!

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #28 of 109
This is awesome! Add me to the list! I’m in USA.

One album I’d love to hear all the way through on the HE-1 is Jacob Collier’s album, “Djesse vol. 2”

The “Djesse vol. 2” album (really all of his albums) has so much complexity and intricacy, with various symphonic instruments, vocals, synth sounds, and lots of directionality cues. It’s got good sense of sound stage layering and also tests the dynamics, both macro and micro, of a headphone & system. It’s also a great album to test the tonality of the entire frequency range, from top-end sparkle, mid-range focus with vocals (male and female) and acoustic instruments, to percussive bass and depth-reaching synth bass. The album can go from studio-recorded intimacy to naturalistic, live-recording orchestra or a capella vocals, sometimes in the same track.

The album caters both to the vocalist/musician in me and also the technical enthusiast in me.

Thanks for even the consideration for a fantastic opportunity!

Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpeg
    IMG_2415.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #29 of 109
I didn't expect such a great variety of albums. I've got some catching up to do! 🎧

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Dec 20, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #30 of 109
In the Bluegrass of Kentucky, USA. A few miles from the final resting place of the greatest racehorse who ever lived, Secretariat.

The album I would listen to would first be one that I am deeply familiar with, second, it would be a classical album. One that offers true tonal purity, to test the finest headphones in the world, you need to have an identifiable, and mutually agreed upon sound (at least ideal, in today’s world mutual is a rarity). While I love rock and respect the preferences of those who enjoy electronic or dance music; there is no “absolute sound” (a tip of the hat and citation to the magazine), that is required to report your experience to a universal audience.

With that, my recording of choice is; Beethoven, Symphonies NOS. 5&7, Wiener Philharmonic, Carlos Kleiber. Of course, I'll be bringing my vinyl record along with me on the trip, trusting in the undoubtedly excellent equipment at the Audiophile Experience Center! Slante!

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back