Feeling lucky? A tour of our audiophile factory awaits
Dec 20, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #31 of 109
Thank you very much for this amazing opportunity @Sennheiser ! I'm from the United States and without hesitation I'd love to listen to Sigur Rós's ( ) album on the HE-1. This album has a special place in my audiophile journey as it just draws me away from whatever my mind may be focused on and fills my senses with emotion. Guitar strums are both powerful and engaging, piano solos have strong attack and the buildup to crescendo invokes a physical reaction in me every time. It's enough to raise the hairs on my spine and I've no doubt the HE-1 would take this experience to a whole different level, despite already enjoying it very much on both my HD580 and HD800 series headphones.

1703100639501.png

Thanks again, and happy listening everyone!

Dec 20, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #32 of 109
From the USA

First album would probably be Great Gatsby OST Lana Del Rey Young and Beautiful.

Because it’s subdued and epic at the same time.

Would love to go since I’m just about to put my deposit in for one HE1.

Dec 20, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #33 of 109
I'm from Denmark, so I cannot participate in the contest.
But I'm also a music/HiFi lover, and I love sharing the passion with others, so I'll join this thread because of the passion alone :)

I would listen to the album While You Where Gone by Vestbo Trio.
It's a Danish trio that I absolutely love. I've seen them live many times, and they inspire me each time I see them. Great people and fantastic music. If you haven't heard this trio, go give it a listen 👌
The tracks on this album I have heard so many times, and I would love to experience that on what is supposed to be some of the best headphones out there. I've been a speaker guy for many years (work in the the Speaker business ) and it would be exciting to hear how close the HE-1 is, when it comes to technicalities.

Anyway, best of luck to all participants, and thanks to Sennheiser for creating this event, I hope I can participate in the next one 🙂

Happy holidays everyone ✌️

Edit: Completely forgot to add that for me, the factory tour itself would be at least as interesting as listening to HE-1, if not more interesting 🤔

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #34 of 109
This is awesome! Add me to the list! I’m in USA.

One album I’d love to hear all the way through on the HE-1 is Jacob Collier’s album, “Djesse vol. 2”

The “Djesse vol. 2” album (really all of his albums) has so much complexity and intricacy, with various symphonic instruments, vocals, synth sounds, and lots of directionality cues. It’s got good sense of sound stage layering and also tests the dynamics, both macro and micro, of a headphone & system. It’s also a great album to test the tonality of the entire frequency range, from top-end sparkle, mid-range focus with vocals (male and female) and acoustic instruments, to percussive bass and depth-reaching synth bass. The album can go from studio-recorded intimacy to naturalistic, live-recording orchestra or a capella vocals, sometimes in the same track.

The album caters both to the vocalist/musician in me and also the technical enthusiast in me.

Thanks for even the consideration for a fantastic opportunity!

Good luck to everyone!
That's also my favorite album of him! Excited for Vol. 4 :)

Dec 20, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #35 of 109
Hi there. I'm in the UK and specifically Scotland. I'd really very much love to hear the HE1 using Joan Armatrading's self titled album. If it could be the Intervention Records LP version from 2020 then even better in order to experience the full majesty of the HE1. This is a beautiful, emotional and delightful album in any format but the IR version is just simply the best and would allow the HE1 the opportunity to demonstrate that it is the best headphone in the world.

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #36 of 109
USA

Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself

IMG_6042.jpeg

This album expanded my musical horizons so much as a teenager, and ignited my love of both pop and electronic adjacent music. Very cool promo, thank you.

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #37 of 109
Resident of the contiguous United States here, North Carolina to be specific.

Which album I'd listen to on the HE 1: Tool - Fear Inoculum
And why: Tool has been in my rotation in one form or another since my early 20's. Their cerebral yet visceral stylings have often intersected with periods of my life that get reflected in the familiar but strange and chaotic music they produce. As I grew older, got married, had kids, etc. I would often reflect back onto rhythms and lyrics that would instantly relate to specific past events throughout my life. Then the pandemic rolled into all of our lives and the brutally melodic strum and stride of Fear Inoculum ground its way ever further into my frequently played music. And now, here we are embarking on 2024, and I'd love to feel what emotion the HE 1 can bring to an album, a period of my life, that during the past few years I've iterated upon in every conceivable way.

Beating tired bones
Tripping through remember when
Once invincible
Now the armor's wearing thin ...

:beerchug:

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #38 of 109
USA

Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself

IMG_6042.jpeg

This album expanded my musical horizons so much as a teenager, and ignited my love of both pop and electronic adjacent music. Very cool promo, thank you.

Imogen’s music is truly magnificent! Great album for sure!!

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #41 of 109
Season's Greetings, Head-Fi!
ICYMI: A few months ago, we opened the Audiophile Experience Center (AEC) in our Tullamore, Ireland factory 🍀 Well, to celebrate the opening, we’re sending THREE lucky people AND their +1 to Tullamore for the audiophile experience of a lifetime. You’ll get to:
  • Tour the same factory where we make our audiophile line of headphones
  • Experience the HE 1 for yourself in our dedicated listening room
  • Meet some of the people behind the Sennheiser sound
  • Witness the real-time production of headphones made by our skilled team
  • Tour the Tullamore Dew distillery
  • Visit a local Irish pub
  • Check all of the above off your bucket list with some of the most devoted members of the hi-fi community

Here’s what to do:
  • Read the entirety of this post—the important details are below and in the links provided
  • Reply to this very post you are reading with your country of residence and which album you’d listen to on the HE 1 and why. Spare no detail or creativity—we're looking for the most passionate audiophiles to bring to Ireland
  • Click the below links for Privacy Notice and T&Cs
  • Of course, you must be able to travel internationally if required

Details: open to residents of the contiguous United States, United Kingdom, France and German residents only, and must be 18+. Promotion ends December 31, 2023 at 11:59PM PST. Winners will be contacted from the @Sennheiser verified account only via private message by January 4, 2024. If winners do not respond to prize notification within 48 hours of message, a new winner will be selected. By participating you confirm that you have read and understood the Sonova Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/3RSpLDL. Full Terms and Conditions: https://bit.ly/3GORKha.

Happy HD-olidays!

-

Thank you for this opportunity Sennheiser! I live in the United States and the album I would listen to is The M Machine - Metropolis Remixed. I would be honored to be chosen for this experience.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #42 of 109
USA here. The album I would choose is "Cowboys From Hell" by Pantera. I have been a huge fan of heavy music since I first heard Metallica's "Master of Puppets" when I was about 10 years old. As life changing for me as that album was, Cowboys kicked that up to a whole new level.... I was in high school when it was released and man, no guitarist has ever been able to do what Dimebag Darrell did, combining the technical prowess of Eddie Van Halen with the relentless heavy riffing of James Hetfield. Add in Phil's crazy vocal range, and Vinny's drumming and you get, well, my favorite album of all time (and my Head-Fi) avatar since I joined. I was lucky enough to see them live in their heyday (with Skid Row!) before Dime was murdered and to this day, I think about how great that show was and how much great music the world may have been robbed of with his passing. I would be honored and probably blown away to be able to listen to it on the HE-1.

1703115078383.png

Dec 20, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #43 of 109
ICYMI: A few months ago, we opened the Audiophile Experience Center (AEC) in our Tullamore, Ireland factory 🍀 Well, to celebrate the opening, we’re sending THREE lucky people AND their +1 to Tullamore for the audiophile experience of a lifetime. You’ll get to:
  • Check all of the above off your bucket list with some of the most devoted members of the hi-fi community

Here’s what to do:
  • Read the entirety of this post—the important details are below and in the links provided
  • Reply to this very post you are reading with your country of residence and which album you’d listen to on the HE 1 and why. Spare no detail or creativity—we're looking for the most passionate audiophiles to bring to Ireland

Details: open to residents of the contiguous United States, United Kingdom, France and German residents only, and must be 18+. Promotion ends December 31, 2023 at 11:59PM PST. Winners will be contacted from the @Sennheiser verified account only via private message by January 4, 2024. If winners do not respond to prize notification within 48 hours of message, a new winner will be selected. By participating you confirm that you have read and understood the Sonova Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/3RSpLDL. Full Terms and Conditions: https://bit.ly/3GORKha.

Happy HD-olidays!

-

Visiting Sennheiser's HQ in Ireland to check out their HE-1 headphones is a dream of mine. It's not just about hearing some absolute bangers headphones; it's about experiencing a piece of audio history. The HE-1 is the holy grail of headphones, a perfect mix of cutting-edge tech and luxury. Being there, where they're made, I'd get to see the passion and precision that goes into making these beauties. It's not just a trip to listen to great music; it's about appreciating the art and craftsmanship behind a brand that's been a game-changer in sound.

I would choose Grateful Dead's "American Beauty" for my listening session. Well, this album is a masterpiece, a mix of folk, rock, and psychedelia, with layers of sound that are just waiting to be explored. Imagine hearing "Ripple" or "Friend of the Devil" on the HE-1s! It would be like being right there in the studio with the band. This album has so many subtle details in the music, and I bet the HE-1s would bring out every single one. It's the perfect way to experience both the genius of Grateful Dead and the sheer brilliance of the HE-1 headphones.

Dec 20, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #45 of 109

Here’s what to do:

Happy HD-olidays!

-

Here in the USA. The album I would listen to is one that I've listened to first for every new piece of gear I've purchased since 1977, Including my Senn 6xx, 600, 660, 660s2, 560, hd25, and many other headphones outside of the Sennheiser world. Steely Dan - Aja. A great album that I know sonically at a very detailed level. Would be thrilled to listen to it with the best headphone system in the world!

Thanks for the generous opportunity you are providing for the community!

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back