FedEx Ground Sucks
Oct 31, 2001 at 3:21 PM Post #16 of 20
FedEx Ground is the old RPS.... and I will agree they have some problems. I wish there could be more collaboration between Ground and Express.... but as it is Express rarely even touches a Ground pkg.

However FedEx Ground is frapin cheap.

Oct 31, 2001 at 5:00 PM Post #17 of 20
yup, fedex ground sucks a big fat one.
broke my $1200 speakers -- double boxed in original packaging.
bah.
what's worse is their claims department -- 2 months of almost daily telephone calls to get them to do anything. luckily i'm going to be able to get them fixed at fedex's expense.

don't be fooled -- fedex ground and fedex express are totally separate entities. express is highly reliable and safe (for me). ground is not.
frown.gif

i really don't like to rag on companies, but shippers who throw boxes and kick them around totally piss me off.

i'm triple boxing the heavy stuff now.

Oct 31, 2001 at 6:59 PM Post #18 of 20
I've had no problems with FedEx Ground. I just used them today to ship something. They are cheap too $9.74 for 22lbs. UPS is expensive and they destroy boxes all the time. USPS is pretty bad too.

Nov 1, 2001 at 2:35 AM Post #19 of 20
I just received two packages via Fedex Ground. The first was OK... maybe... I hope... the styrofoam was bashed into confetti.

The second one was damaged. Box was nearly disentegrated. Speaker cone bent. Box lopsided. Was it kicked? I dunno...

....but I won't be a Fedex Ground customer!

Nov 1, 2001 at 6:42 AM Post #20 of 20
Well they even screwed up my picking the package up at their terminal! Luckily (for them) they delivered it before I went to pick it up. Perhaps after the conversation I had with them yesterday they decided it was better to not have me over for a visit. Well at least they got it right on the fifth try and it was in good shape. I am now listening to my new SCD-C333ES as I type this but I will never again let anyone ship me anything via FedEx ground. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back